Taxi from Orlando Airport to Cocoa Beach area

ClaireA1978

Idk but we took a taxi from Miami to Ft Lauderdale and I didnt notice but it was a larger suv vehicle and apparently charged a 30% premium. Be sure and look to see if any surcharges or get in a small compact taxi. Was $130 before tips. The distance is probably similar to yours from orlando to the port. Your distance might be be further from the port. 

• Like 1

There's recent information out on the Florida Departure board here.  I think Uber/Lyft is around $80, so taxis would be similar.

My suggestion is to check out 1 day car rentals.  Lots of agencies in Cocoa Beach Port Canaveral and no one way charges.  Depending on # in party might be the cheaper option.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

There's recent information out on the Florida Departure board here.  I think Uber/Lyft is around $80, so taxis would be similar.

My suggestion is to check out 1 day car rentals.  Lots of agencies in Cocoa Beach Port Canaveral and no one way charges.  Depending on # in party might be the cheaper option.

This is what we do when sailing out of Port Canaveral. Easy to do and has always worked out well. Nice to have a car for the pre cruise stay as well.

22 minutes ago, ClaireA1978 said:

Hi can anybody advise how much a taxi is from Airport to Cocoa Beach area or recommend a shuttle (not CB Shuttle as they are quoting $88 per person)

Thank you

Budget rent a car.    Drop off in coco beach.    Drop family and luggage off first.   The return the car alone.  And take the shuttle back.   Or walk across to Wendy’s and take an Uber.      

5 hours ago, ClaireA1978 said:

Hi can anybody advise how much a taxi is from Airport to Cocoa Beach area or recommend a shuttle (not CB Shuttle as they are quoting $88 per person)

Thank you

Have you looked at Cortrans shuttle, this is who we used.

8 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

Have you looked at Cortrans shuttle, this is who we used.

Not sure they do any other drop offs besides to the port.  But we’ve used them too with great success.  Also Cruise Control Transportation.  Worth a call.

5 hours ago, ClaireA1978 said:

Thank you

This seems high for CB Shuttle who is generally one of the cheaper options. Is this an after-hours or off-cruise day booking? Private or shared? 

Generally private vans are per ride, not per person and shared shuttles are per person somewhere in the $20 - $40 range.

2 hours ago, SteerageJoe said:

This seems high for CB Shuttle who is generally one of the cheaper options. Is this an after-hours or off-cruise day booking? Private or shared? 

Generally private vans are per ride, not per person and shared shuttles are per person somewhere in the $20 - $40 range.

Emails received from CBS huttles as follows

'Good afternoon, 1 passenger after 8pm is $88+18% gratuity. If you would like to schedule, please let me know or call our office at 321-631-4144 at least 2 days before your travel date.

Booking agent,

Jasmine'

So that is $200ish for the two of us, Lyft coming up between $70-80 so I think we will go with that but will have a look at the other recs first

Many Thanks All

Ok, now it makes sense - after hours you will probably not find any cheaper from the usual recommended transport companies.

Uber / Lyft is your best best but try one other company - Cocoa Beach Express. They show really cheap rates $28  - for all shuttles on the website ( and check their Facebook page). These guys are affiliated with the Radisson and other local hotels so I trust them. But it is your call! 

Do let us know what they say - this service could be a game changer for folks staying near the Port before a cruise.

Edited by SteerageJoe
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, SteerageJoe said:

Ok, now it makes sense - after hours you will probably not find any cheaper from the usual recommended transport companies.

Uber / Lyft is your best best but try one other company - Cocoa Beach Express. They show really cheap rates $28  - for all shuttles on the website ( and check their Facebook page). These guys are affiliated with the Radisson and other local hotels so I trust them. But it is your call! 

Do let us know what they say - this service could be a game changer for folks staying near the Port before a cruise.

Just put a request for a quote in to CBE-will let you know

On 3/23/2023 at 11:17 PM, SteerageJoe said:

CBE don't operate after 8Pm unfortunately. We will use Uber/Lyft

15 hours ago, ClaireA1978 said:

CBE don't operate after 8Pm unfortunately. We will use Uber/Lyft

Another way to save on transfer costs when arriving after dark - overnight near the airport (hotels have free shuttles) then grab a cheap shuttle to PC in the morning. 

and the airport hotels are generally cheaper than the beach hotels

Edited by SteerageJoe
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SteerageJoe said:

Another way to save on transfer costs when arriving after dark - overnight near the airport (hotels have free shuttles) then grab a cheap shuttle to PC in the morning. 

and the airport hotels are generally cheaper than the beach hotels

Yes i am thinking this now. Would like to have visit cocoa beach but jus seems like too much hassle (expense, luggage, transfers). Thanks again