Concierge' Question

DesertRat46

23 minutes ago, DesertRat46 said:

In past 3 Celebrity cruises we were not in Concierge' cabins, but are this April on a TA. Is there an actual Concierge' to help you? The same kind of help a hotel Concierge' would give you?

Sort of.  They were are available for limited hours that are posted by their computer.  I found their knowledge about ports limited.  Helpful for reservations on board and ship's excursions. 

• Like 1

We have sailed concierge 4 times and on each occasion, found the service provided by the concierge excellent. More often than not found very near our room, when needed and not nearby, a phone call and they quickly appear.  Didn’t use them for any other reason than wanting different pillows, tv not working once, stuff like that. They’re always very polite, go out of the way to shout hello from wherever they are, and often rushed to open our room door for us. Minor things some might say but all helps towards the overall experience of being made to feel special.

• Like 1

The stateroom attendant will switch the pillows, have  the TV repaired and open the door if they see you carrying something.

My guess is the concierge called the stateroom attendant and pass your requests on to them to handle.

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The stateroom attendant will switch the pillows, have  the TV repaired and open the door if they see you carrying something.

My guess is the concierge called the stateroom attendant and pass your requests on to them to handle.

Your guess would be wrong, the concierge dealt with all our requests apart from repairing the tv which obviously we wouldn’t expect him to. Things may have been brought to him but no surprise there at all, in all 4 of our cruises the concierge dealt with us directly, from welcoming us on the first day, throughout. Not sure why you guess differently nor what point you are trying to make?

17 hours ago, C4HCG said:

We have sailed concierge 4 times and on each occasion, found the service provided by the concierge excellent. More often than not found very near our room, when needed and not nearby, a phone call and they quickly appear.  Didn’t use them for any other reason than wanting different pillows, tv not working once, stuff like that. They’re always very polite, go out of the way to shout hello from wherever they are, and often rushed to open our room door for us. Minor things some might say but all helps towards the overall experience of being made to feel special.

That sounds like your stateroom attendent. The concierge is an officer level with an office on the 3rd floor ( on the Edge) and also available by phone. They do not wait in the hallways or open doors. There are also not a lot of them on each ship. They are very helpful though.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dacsmom said:

That sounds like your stateroom attendent. The concierge is an officer level with an office on the 3rd floor ( on the Edge) and also available by phone. They do not wait in the hallways or open doors. There are also not a lot of them on each ship. They are very helpful though.

I stand corrected and that’s my ignorance showing through! In that case I have met our concierge but our stateroom attendants have been brilliant 👍.

17 hours ago, jelayne said:

Ignore my earlier response jelayne I now know what I thought was the concierge is actually the stateroom attendant and not the concierge. So on our cruises we have never met the concierge but as you rightly say, have the stateroom attendants and it’s they who do a brilliant job. Apologies for arguing with you.

• Like 1

The concierge desk and the Captain's club host desk  are located on the 7th floor back of the elevators, if I remember correctly, on S class ships. Yes, the concierge is for all on board,  but most do not know this, so mostly only concierge class will use their services. I have used for printing boarding passes.