Booking on board questions

travel1light

On 3/27/2023 at 9:29 PM, tschwa2 said:

Booking on the first day of the cruise they threw in a bottle of wine, nothing special but we took it and gave it to my husband's family that picked us up after the cruise.

Something we always take advantage of. First day booking.  On our recent Apex cruise when we booked the Edge (first day) we also received the bottle of wine, the OBC and an additional OBC. Third day into the cruise we received an updated invoice from the onboard agent showing a $200.00 price reduction. Cruise went down in price and he gave us the new price. Nice surprise. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

If we book on board for a specific cruise with $100 deposit and months later see a lower fare, does our deposit increase if if refare? This is for a cruise in late 2024, so fare could change with a different sale. 

No.   You can have your cruise price adjusted under their "best price guarantee".

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

No.   You can have your cruise price adjusted under their "best price guarantee".

Thanks Jim. I know you have said in the past you have had deposits changed from refundable to non refundable prior to final payment. What happens with fare in that instance as the difference in fare is close to $1400? We are considering just booking non refundable for the $100 each and losing it if we cancel before final. 

2 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

Thanks Jim. I know you have said in the past you have had deposits changed from refundable to non refundable prior to final payment. What happens with fare in that instance as the difference in fare is close to $1400? We are considering just booking non refundable for the $100 each and losing it if we cancel before final. 

A different Jim.  You would have to pay the prevailing rate for the non refundable option. 

7 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

In my case the price was substantially lower for the NR with the same benefits -   I kept the On-Board booking credits.     I changed to the NR about a week before final payment so didn't see much risk.   When I made final payment it was the new price which was about $2,000 cheaper than original. 

The only requirement was that there has to be a room in that classification available.

Get whomever you are speaking with to put what they tell you in writing!    We bought a FCC 

, told good for 6 months and special bonus was double CC points on our booking.   We booked a cruise.  Found out the double points only applicable to European cruises.  Not what we were told

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

In my case the price was substantially lower for the NR with the same benefits -   I kept the On-Board booking credits.     I changed to the NR about a week before final payment so didn't see much risk.   When I made final payment it was the new price which was about $2,000 cheaper than original. 

The only requirement was that there has to be a room in that classification available.

Do you currently use the same strategy?  My fear would be that the prevailing rate at  the final payment date would be higher than the price I originally booked with the refundable rate. Or Celebrity would nothave any cabins available in my category.

Edited by jagoffee

On 4/2/2023 at 7:55 PM, jagoffee said:

Do you currently use the same strategy?  My fear would be that the prevailing rate at  the final payment date would be higher than the price I originally booked with the refundable rate. Or Celebrity would nothave any cabins available in my category.

I usually  book NR now.   The amount they want extra for RF Suite is often $2,500+     We may loose $200 if we change but it is worth the risk.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I'm sure this is answered somewhere, but I can't find it...

Can you book a Royal Caribbean sailing while on board X or is it only X sailings?

Yes you can book an RC cruise while on Celebrity and a Celebrity cruise while on RC. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks! Same deal as the $100 deposit? Or would it be whatever Royal's current onboard booking is?

Your cruise deposit would be $100.00 per person. You also would be getting all booking perks RC is offering at that time for that specific cruise and any OBC for booking onboard. Including any CAS perks/benefits. Like balcony discount. 

• Like 1