Free parking

Bowtoo

Hi, just made my first cruise booking and forgot to select the free port parking, do I have to cancel or can I just ring up P and O to get them to change it?

68 days left until I sail

• Like 1

Just now, Bowtoo said:

Hi, just made my first cruise booking and forgot to select the free port parking, do I have to cancel or can I just ring up P and O to get them to change it?

Should be OK.

1 hour ago, Bowtoo said:

Another bit of useful info P&O don't tell you if you do take free parking you have to book it online or phone yourself.

You don't need a voucher number or anything like that just your booking No.

Enjoy and be prepared to become hooked on cruising like most people do after there first cruise.😄

P.S 68 days to go are you on Britannia B314.?

6 hours ago, Bowtoo said:

P&O seem to offer parking with £80 OBC (£240 OBC)

just found penguin parking for £119 and it right next to the port

I used them in the past ,you get a minibus transfer provided but be aware of T&C's

I got caught out with this ,so now use hotels with parking that let me cancel if need be 24 hrs before departure . Apart from this I found them ok .

If you decide to cancel within 14 days of making the booking, we charge an administration fee of £20.00 that will be deducted from
the amount you have paid. However, there are no refunds for cancellations made after that time or if your date of departure is within14 days.

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

Also, look at some of the hotels' cruise packages. Usually include room, parking for 15 nights, breakfast and taxi to and from ship. Have used them many times. Very convenient and an extra night's holiday. 

I have often considered using a hotel with parking but never done it basically because in majority, if not all, the cars are left in hotel car park with no security and access to the general public.

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I have often considered using a hotel with parking but never done it basically because in majority, if not all, the cars are left in hotel car park with no security and access to the general public.

There is that to consider, but my main reason for using meet and greet parking at the port, is the ease and speed at which you arrive and depart. No taxi or shuttle to phone, no luggage to load into a taxi and then the car, and for us, no wheelchair and wife to load up twice.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

There is that to consider, but my main reason for using meet and greet parking at the port, is the ease and speed at which you arrive and depart. No taxi or shuttle to phone, no luggage to load into a taxi and then the car, and for us, no wheelchair and wife to load up twice.

+1

• Like 1

14 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Have stayed at Holiday Inn over 50 times with no problem. Mind you, my car is not worth nicking (and there are always lots of more expensive vehicles there)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fionboard said:

Have stayed at Holiday Inn over 50 times with no problem. Mind you, my car is not worth nicking (and there are always lots of more expensive vehicles there)!

If I had an older car I wouldn't worry but I have new car and want to park it with security and not open to public access.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 11:21 AM, david63 said:

What is this "free" parking?

I thought that the offer for parking/OBC/coach transfer when making a booking was factored into the price!

No the Free Parking cost comes off your OBC, i expect the coach will be the same though never travelled by coach cause for me coming from Scotland then stopping to pick up at other places it takes forever and a day.

29 minutes ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

No the Free Parking cost comes off your OBC

But the OBC is built into the price - it is not something that P&O are giving you - it is your money that they make you spend on their ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david63 said:

But the OBC is built into the price - it is not something that P&O are giving you - it is your money that they make you spend on their ships.

Yes you will receive the full OBC quoted if you do not take any of the offers like Free Parking/Coach. It is actually worded wrong and shouldn't say Free. If you decide to Park elsewhere like many people do you pay for it out your own pocket as with there Free Parking it comes out your OBC either way it''s not Free as they say.

Like the last 2 times i flew to Southampton and receive the full OBC quoted but have booked 2 trips this year and am being charged for Parking from my OBC because after becoming Disabled apart from the long drive is easier for me as with CPC you drive up to terminal, they remove your cases for you take them away, and car is driven to be parked for you.

Yes i could use another cheaper service but for me no lugging suitcases, no transferring to minibuses.

Remember that old saying about 'Swings & Roundabouts'.

We have always used Parking4cruises if we haven’t got free parking with the cruise. Have used them for about 10 years now without a problem, found them originally by all the many recommendations online. 

On 3/26/2023 at 5:18 PM, Bowtoo said:

P&O seem to offer parking with £80 OBC (£240 OBC)

just found penguin parking for £119 and it right next to the port

Did you select something else? when i booked at the weekend the default was parking, then after a couple of days i googled parking and entered by booking ID to get the free parking.

When i looked, i could have free parking and £360 onboard credit or £480 credit.

Since parking was around £120 anyways i chose the parking, rather than have to shell out more ahead of time. There didn't seem much incentive not to choose parking unless i'm missing some super cheap parking somewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, windra06 said:

When i looked, i could have free parking and £360 onboard credit or £480 credit.

Since parking was around £120 anyways i chose the parking, rather than have to shell out more ahead of time. There didn't seem much incentive not to choose parking unless i'm missing some super cheap parking somewhere.

It depends on where you got the £120 parking cost from. If it was CPS then you would probably (depends on cruise length) find cheaper parking. Also it depends on how much you anticipate spending on board

1 hour ago, david63 said:

It depends on where you got the £120 parking cost from. If it was CPS then you would probably (depends on cruise length) find cheaper parking. Also it depends on how much you anticipate spending on board

That is true, but with some of the large OBC's (combined with our share benefit), we also factor in what we will be spending the OBC on.  So if we think we may be struggling a bit to spend it usefully, we have started booking parking with P&O. 

Interestingly the amt of OBC taken off the total if you take their parking varies by cabin type.  If in a balcony you tend to loose more than an outside, which in turn looses more OBC than an inside.  Therefore it is more worthwhile booking th eP&O parking if you have an inside or outside cabin, though we have balconies booked for the cruises we have in the pipeline at present.