thinking of trying Oceania - soft drinks & gratuities?

elmsliebev

Hi, UK cruisers here.

We've seen a cruise we like for Autumn 2024 from Japan to Singapore. The deal offers free wifi and soft drinks/speciality coffees. 

Is the range of soft drinks a good range eg Fentimans, Fevertree etc? Are alcohol-free cocktails included in that? I don't drink so that's important to me! 

And are gratuities included or are they extra?

many thanks

A fixed gratuity is included which accounts for cabin and restaurant staff. It's added to drinks as you order them.

I also don't drink. I've only cruised once with Oceania and my recollection is that the soft drinks were pretty much just the well known sugary American ones. Certainly nothing as nice as as our local Fentimans, I'm sorry to say.

• Like 1

We are currently on Sirena.   Soft drinks are Coke , Diet Coke, Seagram’s Ginger Ale and Canada Dry mixers (tonic, club soda).   You can request other brands/types to be stocked in your stateroom refrigerator by contacting g special services a few weeks before your cruise.   I requested Coke Zero.   They will fulfill if they can but you won’t know until you board.  

Joe

• Like 1

Please allow me to add another specific beverage to this question. Is bottled sparkling water, Perrier or San Pellegrino, included in the stateroom or table service? 
How is the Vero water presented? 
Thank you. 

• Like 1

Some non alcoholic  cocktails are free 

eg virgin Pina colada

They have a new alcohol free spirits  Lyres brand  that come  with a fee

I think you could request the  Perrier water   but not sure  as I never have  bothered

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

They have a new alcohol free spirits  Lyres brand  that come  with a fee

Oh, that's good news for whenever our next cruise might be. I like Lyres, almost as much as Seedlip, for those times when I fancy a non-alcoholic "gin" and tonic.

• Like 1

Just now, Harters said:

Oh, that's good news for whenever our next cruise might be. I like Lyres, almost as much as Seedlip, for those times when I fancy a non-alcoholic "gin" and tonic.

I am hoping to try some  on our next cruise

21 minutes ago, Harters said:

I love Lyres. I recently won a year's supply - 13 bottles different spirits!

9 hours ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Please allow me to add another specific beverage to this question. Is bottled sparkling water, Perrier or San Pellegrino, included in the stateroom or table service? 
Thank you. 

I have seen people order Perrier.

The Vero water is either still or sparkling in large glass bottles which is then poured into drinking glasses poured into glasses. The default Vero water in the cabin is still (same large glass bottles), but we ask our cabin steward to fill with sparkling instead and there is always fresh sparkling water when they service the room.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

The deal offers free wifi and soft drinks/speciality coffees. 

FYI, this is always included and has nothing to do with a deal. This is part of the bare bones cruise only fare and everything above it. 

Op I think you might have been asking about overall gratuities, not the ones on liquor.  If so the answer is no, they are not included.  Charged depending on room level, per person per day.  Those with many Oceania cruises (I think 10,) get this included and many of us get this included from our TA.  We were in  B3 for ten days in January at $18 per day ($360.00) which was kindly paid by our TA along with a five percent refund of base cruise fare received when we got back.  

In addition, we had to pay a gratuity on each of our drinks (no plan and we only had two for the entire cruise so it was negligible.)

Finally we decided to give a few small cash tips in person (our room steward on the first day, Baristas guys at the end,etc.)  But that was just our choice and again, not large amounts but just a little something for great service rendered or the hope of great service rendered. (Which was rendered.)

11 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

And are gratuities included or are they extra?

many thanks

The UK  may have different perks  so I would ask your TA or who you book with

In North America   they are not included  but if you find a the right TA they will give you PPG via Oceania 

20 hours ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Thank you. 

Our cabin fridge is stocked daily with Pellegrino.

• Thanks 1