Crown & Anchor Benefits

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

That has historically been my experience.  The new verbiage of the free laundry CAS perk being on specific days is more recent and not something I've observed.  It's curious they would cite the verbiage but some ships can choose to ignore it.  We'll see how it gets implemented fleetwide in the time to come - consistent or another Royal-ism.    

Last week and the one prior there was no issue.  We are sailing again in two weeks and I'll expect to send laundry.    I'll try to report back.

M

1 hour ago, twangster said:

That has historically been my experience.  The new verbiage of the free laundry CAS perk being on specific days is more recent and not something I've observed.  It's curious they would cite the verbiage but some ships can choose to ignore it.  We'll see how it gets implemented fleetwide in the time to come - consistent or another Royal-ism.    

It would be utterly counterproductive for them to only allow it on one specific day.  They would be swamped on that one day, and no "business" on the other days.  Stupid.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the past, when you were Diamond you were allowed 1 free bag of laundry. We were on a Celebrity ship a few weeks ago and received that perk. Now it appears that even though we moved up to Diamond Plus ladt fall, if I understand it right we now just get a $10 discount off of a $34.99 bag of laundry. 😠 

3 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

In the past, when you were Diamond you were allowed 1 free bag of laundry. We were on a Celebrity ship a few weeks ago and received that perk. Now it appears that even though we moved up to Diamond Plus ladt fall, if I understand it right we now just get a $10 discount off of a $34.99 bag of laundry. 😠 

Nope.. you still get one free bag of laundry (value $34.99) on sailings of 5+ nights

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2023 at 11:04 PM, DaKahuna said:

That’s really interesting.  We only got a plate of cookies and fruit on Harmony last month. 

The Windjammer Special. I don't want anything left in my cabin that I can get in WJ.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

The complementary bag of Wash & Fold laundry for Royal  starts at D+.  Celebrity  Elite  ( the equivalent to D) get a complimentary bag.  The benefits are not exactly the same on both lines. 

The complementary Wash and Fold   for D+ is still in place and has not change. Of course there is current discussion if it is  any day ( my experience in the past 2 sailings on Wonder)  or a specific day.  Time will tell.

M

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

It would be utterly counterproductive for them to only allow it on one specific day.  They would be swamped on that one day, and no "business" on the other days.  Stupid.  🙂 

Agree - 

There could also be a longer turn around discouraging passengers from using the service.   It was a two day return last 2 weeks, but one day return on the Jewel in both December and January. A longer return doesn't help as much as if the laundry takes  say 3 days, I'll need more clothes while the laundry is out. 

5 hours ago, RFerrington said:

If they are only going to allow the complimentary W&F one day during a cruise, does that mean that we are only allowed to submit 1 bag (if both of us are D+ or P) ?  I guess I will find out.  On EX on Saturday.

You can both submit a bag as you each get the benefit.

Glad to hear free laundry bag pp for Diamond Plus wasn’t taken away. I was reading that chart someone posted on the various levels of benefits and it appeared to me that it was just a $10 discount. On Celebrity at doesn’t matter if you were diamond or diamond plus. Both categories are lumped together and have the same perks.  I personally don’t think their perks are as good as Royal Caribbean‘s. Also hope RCI does not start cutting back. However, I do wish Royal Caribbean would change it’s free 24 hours of Wi-Fi perk and make it so it begins at whatever time of day sign in to it the first time and then it ends 24 hours from that time. On Celebrity, you didn’t have to use the 24 hours all within an actual 24 hrs. You could stretch it out into segments over the entire week if you wanted to. 

On 3/30/2023 at 5:05 PM, mlbcruiser said:

Glad to hear free laundry bag pp for Diamond Plus wasn’t taken away. I was reading that chart someone posted on the various levels of benefits and it appeared to me that it was just a $10 discount. On Celebrity at doesn’t matter if you were diamond or diamond plus. Both categories are lumped together and have the same perks.  I personally don’t think their perks are as good as Royal Caribbean‘s. Also hope RCI does not start cutting back. However, I do wish Royal Caribbean would change it’s free 24 hours of Wi-Fi perk and make it so it begins at whatever time of day sign in to it the first time and then it ends 24 hours from that time. On Celebrity, you didn’t have to use the 24 hours all within an actual 24 hrs. You could stretch it out into segments over the entire week if you wanted to. 

You can start your wifi at any time you wish and it lasts for 24 hours.  We always do mid-afternoon so it covers 2 days.

Does anyone know if there is priority boarding for Diamond Members? I have seen conflicting information about this. We have an official check-in time of 12:30 pm tomorrow (April 2) at Port Canaveral. However, if we can get on the ship earlier via Priority Embarkation, I'd love to do so. I just have no idea what time to show up at the port. Thoughts?

I can confirm there is no priority boarding for D,at least in PC. We sailed on Indy 3/3 and had an 11:00am check in. We had to be seated in waiting area but because all the seats were occupied we were seated with the 12:30 check in time. This was exactly 11:00am. The rows of seats are released in order after Suites, Pinnacles and Key. That said we were on board by 11:20. On 3/19 we had a 10:30 check in for Wonder. We parked and entered terminal about 10:20 and never got to sit. By the time we checked in and got to seating area they started boarding and we walked right on at 10:35. We are D+ .