Vibe Pass

gmbhardy

29 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Have Vibe prices recently increased.

I look at it this way: the price is what the price is. It really doesn't matter what the price was. Nor can I see how it matters when the price changed. It could have increased years ago, months ago, or minutes ago..I still have no choice but to pay the current price, or choose not to purchase.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

I look at it this way: the price is what the price is. It really doesn't matter what the price was. Nor can I see how it matters when the price changed. It could have increased years ago, months ago, or minutes ago..I still have no choice but to pay the current price, or choose not to purchase.

I look at it this way. I just want to know if the cost of Vibe passes have recently increased.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

I look at it this way. I just want to know if the cost of Vibe passes have recently increased.

Exactly!  Simple question.  Even though this is the internet where you never know what you'll get, you'd still expect an answer if someone knows it, not a lecture on life views from people who apparently don't know the answer.

I cannot answer specifically about increases, I can see from the answers here and prior discussions, that prices seem to be somewhat fluid. We are on Escape in two weeks and ours were $229. This will be our first time with them, so I am not sure what the costs have been in the past. 

Edited by cruisinpips

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

Exactly!  Simple question.  Even though this is the internet where you never know what you'll get, you'd still expect an answer if someone knows it, not a lecture on life views from people who apparently don't know the answer.

Good answer to the question asked...that will help the OP for sure.

19 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Have Vibe prices recently increased.

I think they fluctuate based on itinerary.   We are paying $229 for our June 2024 passes on the Joy.   When we first purchased them in 2015, we paid $99.   

My understanding is that the pricing varies depending on length of cruise plus itinerary - i.e. pricier on warmer itineraries where more people would be interested.  For our upcoming Northern Europe cruise in October, the passes are priced at $289 pp for 11 days.

1 minute ago, lastmango212 said:

Paid $59/pp in January on the EPIC (7-day S. Caribbean out of San Juan). We tip-toed away from Customer Service like we'd stolen something.

That was for Posh passes as the Epic does not have a Vibe.

31 minutes ago, lastmango212 said:

Paid $59/pp in January on the EPIC (7-day S. Caribbean out of San Juan). We tip-toed away from Customer Service like we'd stolen something.

There is no Vibe on the Epic. IF you got a pass, it was to gain entrance to the Haven sundeck. Not a Vibe. 

The reason I asked the question was because I purchased Vibe passes on a 15 day Panama Canal cruise on the Bliss in January (well worth it). I just booked a nine day east coast cruise on the Joy and noticed that the price had increased, based on a per day calculation. What happened was that between those cruises NCL devalued the Canadian dollar, so I was paying more in Canadian dollars even though, l believe, the price in American dollars had remained the same. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Good answer to the question asked...that will help the OP for sure.

I think you are confused but that's OK, I understand these internet forums can be hard to follow.  

If you go back and look at my post, notice what I am replying to?  I am replying to a statement.  Unlike others who replied to a question with statements about their life views, I was not replying to a question.  

3 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I think you are confused but that's OK, I understand these internet forums can be hard to follow.  

If you go back and look at my post, notice what I am replying to?  I am replying to a statement.  Unlike others who replied to a question with statements about their life views, I was not replying to a question.  

Yes...a statement by the OP explaining the question the OP wanted answered. Looks like your understanding is spot on.

On 3/31/2023 at 2:53 PM, BirdTravels said:

There is no Vibe on the Epic. IF you got a pass, it was to gain entrance to the Haven sundeck. Not a Vibe. 

Sorry, you're right. It's called Posh on the EPIC. No water features; however, the Haven sundeck has a pool and 2 hot tubs on the EPIC. Two separate areas.

Hi,

I think you are correct in it being due to the fluctuating dollar. In February we paid $331 CAD per person for Vibe passes on the Joy March 11th cruise. I calculate that to be an exchange rate of about $1.33.

At the end of our cruise, our $284 US on board account ended up at $401 CAD, that’s an exchange rate of about $1.40ish.

But yes, I can remember hearing the Vibe used to be $99 pp. pre-Covid.

This was our first time buying them because they could be purchased ahead of the cruise. We are now Vibe converts. Definitely worth it.

Enjoy your upcoming cruises.