Carnival App

Harley167

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

When I punch on the app all it says is "make your memories last". And then no Carnival wifi connection.  There is no way to sign out.  Should I uninstall and then reinstall?

When you first open the app itshould look like this. Either use your Carnival.com login or enter your booking# (you don't use the onboard option or try to connect to the Carnival wifi until you're on the ship)

Screenshot_20230401_104542_CarnivalHUB.thumb.jpg.38084026d25281f8df5f0be8d3c154be.jpg

Once you're logged in, you'll have your countdown page similar to this. On embarkation day, this screen changes with an "I'm on board" link, which is when you would put your phone in airplane mode and connect to the ship's WiFi to use the app onboard.

Screenshot_20230401_104630_CarnivalHUB.thumb.jpg.11f983cf96b24ffa089d98ad8d8e8048.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, adventuredancer said:

my last cruise didnt have any printed fun times. not even the half sheet they used to have. i looked at coffee shop and guest services. was told they don't print it anymore at all. 

They just restarted putting the Fun Times in your cabin on a daily basis.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, adventuredancer said:

my last cruise didnt have any printed fun times. not even the half sheet they used to have. i looked at coffee shop and guest services. was told they don't print it anymore at all. 

They're supposed to be bringing back all the printed FunTimes, menus, etc fleetwide. I remember seeing that as an announcement within the last couple months, but you should have always been able to request a printed one.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 9:31 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

the Hub app is free while onboard the Glory.  if you have anyone you would like to text through the app it is $5 per sailing per person. 

We usually agree to that since we dont have an international plan on our phones and my wife and I often do our own thing on sea days.  it's nice just to send a message letting her know where i end up.  (she usually sunbathes which isnt my preference) 

it also has all the daily activities and dining menus.  

23 minutes ago, adventuredancer said:

Found the text portion to be erratic on how long it takes to deliver the message. Otherwise the app is helpful in planning your day and if you have YTD for making reservations

Just returned from the Mardi Gras.  We are not really tech oriented but have to say that Hub app certainly makes things more convenient and the text chat feature, when they get all the bugs out will be very useful.  We also experienced some blackout while using this feature.  As far as dining goes, I would have to say that you really need to use the app.  We asked for a paper menu but by the time they found one we had already figured out how to get the menu on our phones.  Dont like carrying around a cell phone but I think on this ship at least, it is necessary.

We always use an old unconnected smartphone just because we are paranoid about not incurring phone or data charges and dont need to worry about losing it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ehogan said:

We always use an old unconnected smartphone just because we are paranoid about not incurring phone or data charges and dont need to worry about losing it.

If you put your phone on airplane mode once you board the ship, and leave it on until the end of the cruise, it is impossible to incur phone or data charges.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jsglow said:

They just restarted putting the Fun Times in your cabin on a daily basis.

I think they should start making that an opt out service, Being a millennial I can't go without my phone and they can save the paper. 

They should also have a system in the app to push alerts, and memos to passengers. Last ship I was on was late coming back to port, they reprinted the details for debarkation and everything. Would have been easier to just push it to all the people using the app on the ship. 

18 hours ago, ehogan said:

Just returned from the Mardi Gras.  We are not really tech oriented but have to say that Hub app certainly makes things more convenient and the text chat feature, when they get all the bugs out will be very useful.  We also experienced some blackout while using this feature.  As far as dining goes, I would have to say that you really need to use the app.  We asked for a paper menu but by the time they found one we had already figured out how to get the menu on our phones.  Dont like carrying around a cell phone but I think on this ship at least, it is necessary.

On the First night in the MDR of our Mardi Gras cruise we told our hear waiter that we needed paper menus. We were not going to use our phones to view the entire menu every night. Every night after that there was a paper menu sitting in both our table locations. His table staff did receive and extra bonus from us the last night of the cruise.

On 3/31/2023 at 4:31 PM, Harley167 said:

Thank you all for your responses! I think I will pay the 5.00 and have the option of using this! 

It is FREE to use the app. It only costs $5.00 (per device for the entire cruise) if you want to use the chat feature. It is FREE otherwise! 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Squirreladd said:

I think they should start making that an opt out service, Being a millennial I can't go without my phone and they can save the paper. 

They should also have a system in the app to push alerts, and memos to passengers. Last ship I was on was late coming back to port, they reprinted the details for debarkation and everything. Would have been easier to just push it to all the people using the app on the ship. 

I've heard it speculated that one reason they are again printing the Fun Times is as an 'advertisement delivery system'.  And there's NO WAY I'd want ads cluttering my App.  That would be awful.  Also, because no one is required to use the App, important messages do need to be delivered directly to cabins. Any 'opt in/opt out' overly complicates everything.

Guest BasicSailor
3 hours ago, Squirreladd said:

I think they should start making that an opt out service, Being a millennial I can't go without my phone and they can save the paper

So many people will fight technology to their grave. Thay hate the fact that Carnival and others push its use on their phones. For some older people that just use their phones for emergencies or can't see well, it becomes a problem. Some people just can't grasp technology, In their era when you asked for the time people looked at their watches, today they look at their phones.

I have meet people onboard that gave me a lip- lashing when using my phone. Explaining that I didn't have to do that because Carnival was forcing it on us.

Not me of course I have self-taught myself how to build computers eons ago. However, I see both sides of the coin on this debate..

There have always been and will always be Luddites. The world cannot cater to their needs however. Onward and upward. Technology is good and bad but is mostly a good thing. With the HUB app in particular - there is no more a need to crowd the entrance to restaurants, the app tells you when your table is ready. You no longer need to wait in line to visit guest services - you can make an appointment on the app. You can order room service for delivery anywhere on the ship from the app. You always know the exactly accurate ship time. Etc. Lots of good reasons to use the app.

As to why I think the FunTimes, paper menus, etc., still need to exist in spite of the HUB app - the HUB app is not sufficiently developed yet. Arthur C. Clarke said any sufficiently developed technology is indistinguishable from magic. The HUB app isn't Madame Leota on The Haunted Mansion ride yet.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 3

Guest BasicSailor
21 minutes ago, mz-s said:

there is no more a need to crowd the entrance to restaurants, the app tells you when your table is read

I surely wish all those people standing around blocking the entrance way to the restaurants got that memo But, I'm positive they didn't. 🤣

10 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

So I uninstalled my app and then reinstalled it and was able to put in my next cruise.  I have 4 more cruises booked after this.  Do I have to wait to finish this cruise before I enter another one?

Yes.  And I've found that I need to uninstall after each one. What I'm not recalling is if I had to go through this gyration when doing a B2B.

Edited by jsglow
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

So many people will fight technology to their grave. Thay hate the fact that Carnival and others push its use on their phones. For some older people that just use their phones for emergencies or can't see well, it becomes a problem. Some people just can't grasp technology, In their era when you asked for the time people looked at their watches, today they look at their phones.

I have meet people onboard that gave me a lip- lashing when using my phone. Explaining that I didn't have to do that because Carnival was forcing it on us.

Not me of course I have self-taught myself how to build computers eons ago. However, I see both sides of the coin on this debate..

These are the same types of people who, 75 years ago, said, "Why do I need a telephone in my house?  If someone needs to contact me, they can just write me a letter, or come over and talk to me in person!"

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2023 at 12:37 PM, EllieinNJ said:

So I uninstalled my app and then reinstalled it and was able to put in my next cruise.  I have 4 more cruises booked after this.  Do I have to wait to finish this cruise before I enter another one?

yes i have not found another way

To everyone saying you have to uninstall the app, why can't you just log out and back in? I agree the app should be smart enough to know that cruise is over, move on to the next one in the list, but you don't have to uninstall the app and all that although that does work obviously. You can just log out of the app and log back in.

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

To everyone saying you have to uninstall the app, why can't you just log out and back in? I agree the app should be smart enough to know that cruise is over, move on to the next one in the list, but you don't have to uninstall the app and all that although that does work obviously. You can just log out of the app and log back in.

Unfortunately there was no way to log out for me or my husband.  Every time I pressed anything on the app it would just take me back to the screen with all my apps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EllieinNJ said:

Unfortunately there was no way to log out for me or my husband.  Every time I pressed anything on the app it would just take me back to the screen with all my apps.

Hmm. I feel like I was able to log out or reset the app without reinstalling last cruise. Maybe not. It has been a while. I'll try next cruise.

Instead of deleting and reinstall, I was able to get back to the "new login" screen by going into my settings (I have an Android), then apps, app management, then Carnival HUB, then storage usage and clear cache and data. Easier (to me) than reinstalling. YMMV

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kennystwin said:

Instead of deleting and reinstall, I was able to get back to the "new login" screen by going into my settings (I have an Android), then apps, app management, then Carnival HUB, then storage usage and clear cache and data. Easier (to me) than reinstalling. YMMV

Thanks.  I'll try that for the next cruise which is a back to back with this one.  BTW I love your avatar.  I was a big Kenny Rogers fan and still play his music today.