New Diamond and Platinum Gift

Luckysll

Just now, mz-s said:

They weren't overworked 3 years ago, if they are now that is Carnival's issue to solve not mine. They should not be charging people for their water when the website says you can take the water out of your room. I've had them charge me for my free drink at sea day brunch when it should be free. Etc. The paper certificates and automatic delivery were much easier.

Carnival isn't randomly charging people for water or denying people their free drink. There is a logical explanation.

And apparently some don't care how much waste is generated.

5 hours ago, pinto18 said:

I agree...I don't mind picking things up but the photo place seems like not the best choice..I also feel like I am annoying them. Last time the person at pixel said we had to go to guest services for our gift, then guest services got annoyed at pixel guy for telling us this..all for a dang coozie thingy I have never used

Personally, I think it’s the perfect place to pick it up if we have to pick it up somewhere. Pixels never has customers anyway, so no lines, no waiting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

next time I’ll try taking one from the room again and see what happens. 

I finally took the chance on a stateroom water on the Radiance three weeks ago and it worked out fine. They applied the credit and it was free. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Would be easier for everyone, except I guess for carnival, if they would just deliver these gifts to the stateroom automatically. 

i agree. other cruise lines like royal and norwegian put the items in the rooms depending on your level so why not carnival?

back in the day, carnival did put the water in the room and they was a sign on the water bottle that it was your vifp water. To clear up alot of confusion on taking the water bottom from the room, carnival should be bringing back this sign on the bottles  DSC00866.thumb.JPG.0e57f2bacaede7d8f560673a43f4a4d5.JPG

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival isn't randomly charging people for water or denying people their free drink. There is a logical explanation.

And apparently some don't care how much waste is generated.

I really don't care to be preached to about waste from a company that prints thousands of photos every cruise on many of their ships that are simply thrown away.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Guest BasicSailor
3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Royal and Norwegian put the items in the rooms depending on your level so why not carnival?

Agree, it was stated to me because of covid this was only to be temporary. Welcome to temporary. 🤐

39 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i agree. other cruise lines like royal and norwegian put the items in the rooms depending on your level so why not carnival?

back in the day, carnival did put the water in the room and they was a sign on the water bottle that it was your vifp water. To clear up alot of confusion on taking the water bottom from the room, carnival should be bringing back this sign on the bottles  DSC00866.thumb.JPG.0e57f2bacaede7d8f560673a43f4a4d5.JPG

Maybe it was because people on Cruise Critic complained that it was room temperature. 😁The bottles you get from the bars are cold. 

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
11 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Maybe it was because people on Cruise Critic complained that it was room temperature. 😁The bottles you get from the bars are cold. 

If Cruise Critic was the majority of cruisers, maybe. This site generates about 1 percent of people that cruise. And that being a tiny drop in the bucket for the cruising population.😁

Edited by BasicSailor

3 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

If Cruise Critic was the majority of cruisers, maybe. This site generates about 1 percent of people that cruise. And that being a tiny drop in the bucket for the cruising population.😁

I know. But there are apparently people on here that are convinced that Christine Duffy and other Carnival muckety-mucks actually follow CC on a regular basis. And that griping on here will actually change things. 

Edited by staceyglow

On 3/31/2023 at 7:42 PM, shof515 said:

Look at all the paper waste that Carnival has eliminated. They are to be congratulated!

Shame on the other cruise lines. They clearly don't care.

Guest BasicSailor
14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Look at all the paper waste that Carnival has eliminated

Paper waste? Perhaps another QR code on the wall may do the trick. 😉

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

Paper waste? Perhaps another QR code on the wall may do the trick. 😉

Perhaps you enjoyed filling the waste bin with all the Diamonds International and other propaganda along with unwanted logo items, ship pens, etc?

Guest BasicSailor
19 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Perhaps you enjoyed filling the waste bin with all the Diamonds International and other propaganda along with unwanted logo items, ship pens, etc?

Not at all, that's why a QR code would eliminate paper waste (Carnival pushing technology into the future) 🤥. But they did make great trash can liners😁.

Guest BasicSailor
On 3/31/2023 at 8:27 PM, BlerkOne said:

Carnival isn't randomly charging people for water or denying people their free drink. There is a logical explanation

Undertrained staff, per say? 

On 3/31/2023 at 2:26 PM, Saint Greg said:

I did that once and they charged me $4 for it.

Did you get any of the large bottles prior to this, perhaps in the MDR where they seem to bring them to cheers people without even asking when they order a drink? If so that may have been your free water in Carnival's eyes.