New Diamond and Platinum Gift

Luckysll

John Heald just posted this:

"I am pleased to say that we will be changing the VIFP Diamond and Platinum gift over to Fanny Packs (Bum Bags) for voyages starting after 4/6 for all ships other than Carnival Luminosa and Carnival Splendor which will continue to give the koozies until the new gifts arrive Down Under.
And next up after this will be the Tote Bag with the same Logo.
This is still to be collected from the pixels photo gallery. However, I have asked my colleagues to consider an immediate return to having it delivered to the cabin but I don’t have confirmation of this yet."

May be an image of purse and text that says 'VIFP CLUB'

13 minutes ago, Luckysll said:

This is still to be collected from the pixels photo gallery. However, I have asked my colleagues to consider an immediate return to having it delivered to the cabin but I don’t have confirmation of this yet."

I would be so happy if they would go back to delivering this (and water) to the cabin.  I always feel like I'm annoying the very busy pixels staff when I go to pick up.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

I would be so happy if they would go back to delivering this (and water) to the cabin.  I always feel like I'm annoying the very busy pixels staff when I go to pick up.

You can just take the water that is in the cabin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

I agree...I don't mind picking things up but the photo place seems like not the best choice..I also feel like I am annoying them. Last time the person at pixel said we had to go to guest services for our gift, then guest services got annoyed at pixel guy for telling us this..all for a dang coozie thingy I have never used

• Like 1

2 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

We usually go to Pixels at the beginning of the cruise.  They aren't too busy then.  To the best of my recollection, I have never even had to wait behind anyone in line.

Also, having those gifts go to people who actually request them keeps them out of landfills,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Also, having those gifts go to people who actually request them keeps them out of landfills,

Exactly. I don't know why the people who gripe about a free gift continue to pick them up. For those who want the gift, it is truly a minimal effort to go pick them up. Pixels is usually centrally located.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Exactly. I don't know why the people who gripe about a free gift continue to pick them up. For those who want the gift, it is truly a minimal effort to go pick them up. Pixels is usually centrally located.

Agree. Don't mind going to Pixels to pick up our gifts. If you don't like the gift, don't pick it up. Even if we aren't going to use the gifts, we'll pick them up and give them to a blue, red, or gold card holder. Brings a smile to their faces! :classic_cool:

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I did that once and they charged me $4 for it.

Should be the same as at any bar - they charge you and then subtract the benefit for a net zero.

If you have Cheers and get a water of any size, it probably cancels out your benefit.

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Should be the same as at any bar - they charge you and then subtract the benefit for a net zero.

If you have Cheers and get a water of any size, it probably cancels out your benefit.

I can just tell you from my experience they count the ones in the room separately. And if you get your water from a bar while you’re in a taxed area, you pay the tax on your free water.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I did that once and they charged me $4 for it.

that was my experience too and it is not fun going to guest services to fix the bill. The good thing with going to the bar is that you need to sign that receipt and you can see the 0.00 price

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I can just tell you from my experience they count the ones in the room separately. And if you get your water from a bar while you’re in a taxed area, you pay the tax on your free water.

The question really was did you get a bottle water from anywhere prior to the $4 charge for bottle in the room and yes, they can tax it.

But I don't do Cheers. You should be able to get all the small bottles for free that you want.

6 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The question really was did you get a bottle water from anywhere prior to the $4 charge for bottle in the room and yes, they can tax it.

But I don't do Cheers. You should be able to get all the small bottles for free that you want.

No that would’ve been my first water. If you could take the one in the room I would think carnival would tell you that and everyone would just take one from the room. Defeats the purpose of making you go to the bar for it.

There are some ports like Galveston and New York where you don’t get cheers day 1 and I like to have my big bottle to cover that first day. The way they have it now you have to pay something to get it day 1.

Edited by Saint Greg

Guest BasicSailor

Fanny pack?😬  Real men don't wear Fanny Packs.😁  Besides that you have to have a fanny to hold those things up. Me, I'm all gut with no Butt😎

20 minutes ago, shof515 said:

that was my experience too and it is not fun going to guest services to fix the bill. The good thing with going to the bar is that you need to sign that receipt and you can see the 0.00 price

Guest services wouldn’t take it off of mine. 

49 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

No that would’ve been my first water. If you could take the one in the room I would think carnival would tell you that and everyone would just take one from the room. Defeats the purpose of making you go to the bar for it.

There are some ports like Galveston and New York where you don’t get cheers day 1 and I like to have my big bottle to cover that first day. The way they have it now you have to pay something to get it day 1.

They seem to be updating the terms and conditions, but Carnival did

Complimentary 1.5 liter bottle of water. Redeemable at any bar, restaurant or stateroom ·

20 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

They seem to be updating the terms and conditions, but Carnival did

Complimentary 1.5 liter bottle of water. Redeemable at any bar, restaurant or stateroom ·

next time I’ll try taking one from the room again and see what happens. 

2 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Would be easier for everyone, except I guess for carnival, if they would just deliver these gifts to the stateroom automatically. 

Would lead to more waste and more work for already overworked stewards to both deliver and haul away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Would lead to more waste and more work for already overworked stewards to both deliver and haul away.

They weren't overworked 3 years ago, if they are now that is Carnival's issue to solve not mine. They should not be charging people for their water when the website says you can take the water out of your room. I've had them charge me for my free drink at sea day brunch when it should be free. Etc. The paper certificates and automatic delivery were much easier.

• Like 2