Bridge cams?

Tom-n-Cheryl

I see that, post COVID, they're back up on Princess (can't say if/how long they were down over there to begin with), but Carnival apparently still has not flipped the switch.

Could someone do me a favor and ask John (if he hasn't addressed this already) what the dealio is?  🙂

Tom

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
5 hours ago, hard_eight said:

You would think cameras showing deck parties etc would drive business.

I asked an old friend of mine once why he didn't have cameras on the main floor of his dance club. With my thoughts being the same as yours. He responded with, it would kill his business. Half the people are out there with someone else's wife or husband.😆

Not enough bandwidth as there is without broadcasting video that mostly won't be seen.

Also, too many websites were linking to the feeds resulting in more wasted bandwidth. Every time Carnival fixed, they would come up with new workarounds. Spy vs Spy.

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Not enough bandwidth as there is without broadcasting video that mostly won't be seen.

Also, too many websites were linking to the feeds resulting in more wasted bandwidth. Every time Carnival fixed, they would come up with new workarounds. Spy vs Spy.

I would think that bandwidth demands would be a drop in the bucket given the improvements on most ships. 

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I would think that bandwidth demands would be a drop in the bucket given the improvements on most ships. 

Tom

Reality and perception don't always line up. And whatever the bandwidth, apps will expand to consume it. It seems like almost everyone is live streaming at times.

On 4/1/2023 at 5:21 PM, BasicSailor said:

I asked an old friend of mine once why he didn't have cameras on the main floor of his dance club. With my thoughts being the same as yours. He responded with, it would kill his business. Half the people are out there with someone else's wife or husband.😆

I worked for a company 15 or so years ago who threw a giant convention every year and it was just an excuse to wine and dine our clients, but we were in a club they had rented out in downtown Chicago and they had hire Jason Derulo to sing. I was taking pictures to send back to my kids. CEO walked over, asked if he could use my phone and deleted all my pics. He handed it back to me and said, no pics, almost everyone here is married to someone else and what happens here stays here. That company was pure evil though, felt like working for the devil.  

47 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I worked for a company 15 or so years ago who threw a giant convention every year and it was just an excuse to wine and dine our clients, but we were in a club they had rented out in downtown Chicago and they had hire Jason Derulo to sing. I was taking pictures to send back to my kids. CEO walked over, asked if he could use my phone and deleted all my pics. He handed it back to me and said, no pics, almost everyone here is married to someone else and what happens here stays here. That company was pure evil though, felt like working for the devil.  

The CEO was certainly evil. Good luck these days when all my pictures are automatically backed up to the

cloudy_744190.png

• Like 1