Mast Grill

rankdad

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Celebrity needs to follow RCCL ships and put a decent burger place on their ships.  

Well, that definitely rules out McDonald's.  😁

• Like 1

I love burgers, and I was able to eat the Mast Grill burger and not hate it but also not love it. I never felt the need to have it again, whereas on Princess, I eat a grill burger practically every other day. I also didn’t like the style of fries; they were almost double fried or extra crispy. I didn’t dare get one from the nasty looking display in the buffet. 

Guest CunucuMom
2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Celebrity needs to follow RCCL ships and put a decent burger place on their ships.  RCCL has Johnny Rockets.

I would vote for X to partner with Culver's for the Mast Grill.  Love, love, love the crispy edge of their flat-topped burgers.

4 minutes ago, CunucuMom said:

I would vote for X to partner with Culver's for the Mast Grill.  Love, love, love the crispy edge of their flat-topped burgers.

Any chain is fine with me as they can't be any worse than what's currently offered.  With any chain X would need to adhere to a certain recipe and food quality that is immune from the bean counters 

The burgers were different when we were on Solstice in January, but we eat them because it's great to have a burger outside on a beautiful day, especially if you get one that is fresh and hot and hasn't been soaking in a steam tray. 

We had burgers in the MDR at lunch on that same sailing and they were much better. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I must say Guy Fieri's on Carnival are quite good, however, I've yet to find any that can top my homemade burgers. I put a little green chili inside mine unless kids are eating them cooked on bbq served on a Brioche bun with fixings topped with onion ring. 

oh yes homemade are good.  Having one tonight.  I like to season mine and I do not like burgers too thick.  I like a little crunch around the edges.  toodles

• Like 1

10 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I must say Guy Fieri's on Carnival are quite good, however, I've yet to find any that can top my homemade burgers. I put a little green chili inside mine unless kids are eating them cooked on bbq served on a Brioche bun with fixings topped with onion ring. 

Oh please tell me your green chili's are Hatch chili's.  There was a small bar/reataurant in Albuquerque that my coworkers and I would frequent when we were in town for work that had a green chili cheeseburger that was absolutely wonderful.  It was a tradition for a few of us to go there at least once every trip and have the green chili cheese burger.  Of course in New Mexico Hatch Chili's are the premier chili's to use. 

p.s. for a treat use a little A-1 Steak Sauce on your burgers.  "Kicks them up a notch" in my opinion. 

Edited by DaKahuna

A few years back X experimented with turning the Mast Grill on Equinox into a pay venue featuring "kobe beef" burgers.  Received huge negative pushback and soon switched back to basic free burgers.  Maybe LLP is intentionally degrading the current Mast offerings so she can later "fix" the problem with another attempt at better quality pay ones.

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Oh please tell me your green chili's are Hatch chili's.  There was a small bar/reataurant in Albuquerque that my coworkers and I would frequent when we were in town for work that had a green chili cheeseburger that was absolutely wonderful.  It was a tradition for a few of us to go there at least once every trip and have the green chili cheese burger.  Of course in New Mexico Hatch Chili's are the premier chili's to use. 

p.s. for a treat use a little A-1 Steak Sauce on your burgers.  "Kicks them up a notch" in my opinion. 

Never heard of Hatch Chili's I use small Thai Chili's just scrape most of the seeds out otherwise you don't really enjoy the burger as heat takes over.  I've also used Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce. Yum! 

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

Just in case you are interested.

Adventure of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Independence of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas, Symphony of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas

Did 21 days on the Voyager in September, no Johnny ! 
The ship was really in shitty shape 

36 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Did 21 days on the Voyager in September, no Johnny ! 
The ship was really in shitty shape 

They removed Johnny Rockets from the Voyager when they added more cabins, I think in the 2019 revamp.  The list @davekathy posted is probably an old list.

3 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

I like the turkey burgers.  Haven't had the other burgers in a while.  DH said the hot dogs were good.

I also enjoy the turkey burgers and since they don't get ordered as much, they tend to be made to order and thus fresh.

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Never heard of Hatch Chili's I use small Thai Chili's just scrape most of the seeds out otherwise you don't really enjoy the burger as heat takes over.  I've also used Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce. Yum! 

Hatch chili's are the best green chili's I have tasted.  

https://www.hatch-green-chile.com/pages/what-are-hatch-chiles

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I also enjoy the turkey burgers and since they don't get ordered as much, they tend to be made to order and thus fresh.

I will have to try the turkey burger when we are onboard Millennium later this month.  I do enjoy a good turkey burger.  

55 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Hatch chili's are the best green chili's I have tasted.  

https://www.hatch-green-chile.com/pages/what-are-hatch-chiles

There's a restaurant in my neighborhood that makes hatch chili cheeseburgers for one week, once a year. You better believe I eat burgers for a week straight! They're awesome.

• Like 1

We just got off of the Beyond.   The burger didn’t seem any different.   It was still very good.   Sometimes it may be because you had a burger somewhere else that is that you  are now comparing to like Fatburger,  Bubba’s 33, Yard House, Five Guys, and etc.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

26 minutes ago, miched said:

We just got off of the Beyond.   The burger didn’t seem any different.   It was still very good.   Sometimes it may be because you had a burger somewhere else that is that you  are now comparing to like Fatburger,  Bubba’s 33, Yard House, Five Guys, and etc.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

There Five guys in Canada , once is enough , they not very good 

chains restaurant are over rated

independent restaurants usually have the best burgers , the best are the owns you make at home 

I order room service burgers a few times every cruise; have never had a bad one (maybe it's because the RS chef IS a chef).  Always hot and tasty.  I've never had a good one from any other venue.  If I had to pay for the delivery, I'd still do it at least once.

Forget the burgers and hot dogs they currently serve on Celebrity ships--- nothing special.

Ya want something " special " for lunch, a 4pm snack, or 10 pm , etc etc--- 

They gotta invite Madame Chouinard on board to serve her " famous " burgers , steamed hot dogs, a variety of poutine , hot smoked meat sandwiches, and don't forget the May Wests and Pepsi ( also good for breakfast---- if " You know who " isn't around ). 

My Cariologist, the bum , says----------- never mind what he says.

10 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I order room service burgers a few times every cruise; have never had a bad one (maybe it's because the RS chef IS a chef).  Always hot and tasty.  I've never had a good one from any other venue.  If I had to pay for the delivery, I'd still do it at least once.

Don’t get RS on the Apex , my wife had the pleasure of ordering RS  for 10 days, she had one good meal 

but I heard it was different if your in a suite 

10 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Forget the burgers and hot dogs they currently serve on Celebrity ships--- nothing special.

Ya want something " special " for lunch, a 4pm snack, or 10 pm , etc etc--- 

They gotta invite Madame Chouinard on board to serve her " famous " burgers , steamed hot dogs, a variety of poutine , hot smoked meat sandwiches, and don't forget the May Wests and Pepsi ( also good for breakfast---- if " You know who " isn't around ). 

My Cariologist, the bum , says----------- never mind what he says.

I'm an ex Quebecois. Love Mae West with a Pepsi. Oh also Monsieur Hotdog. No one does it like them. 

• Like 1