Currently on Board Solstice

swjumbo

Any questions about the ship we’re happy to answer.

Needless to say it’s our first time on ‘X’ since August and we haven’t seen any cutbacks apart from the branded playing cards. They’re now just regular with no branding.

The buffet looks the same and the food is still superb although the portion of pasta in Tuscan last night was considerably smaller. That wasn’t a bad thing as we were able to get to dessert!!!

Our sixth Celebrity ship, this being the oldest but it’s still amazing. Beautifully maintained both inside and out.

The staff just seem to be that little bit more relaxed than the other ships and every individual we’ve met has gone over and above at every opportunity.

We’re in an Aqua balcony. Our original balcony had a fan above it, we asked to move and it was done in an instant.

Our cabin steward is even better that our Cunard Queens Grill butler on our last cruise.

This voyage has far exceeded our expectations and we’ve only been on for 24 hours!

• Like 15

50 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

The last time I was on Celebrity (Sept 2021), they were not offering the glass of champagne when you boarded.  Have they brought that back?

It's most likely gone forever.  You can carry on two bottles per person

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

Let us know how the food in Blu is and if you try anything you particularly enjoy. Sailing Aqua for the first time in July, so I'm keen to know what it's like. Enjoy!

Blu cheese souffle and the filet which is typically offered on both chic nights 

1 hour ago, swjumbo said:

Any questions about the ship we’re happy to answer.

Needless to say it’s our first time on ‘X’ since August and we haven’t seen any cutbacks apart from the branded playing cards. They’re now just regular with no branding.

The buffet looks the same and the food is still superb although the portion of pasta in Tuscan last night was considerably smaller. That wasn’t a bad thing as we were able to get to dessert!!!

Our sixth Celebrity ship, this being the oldest but it’s still amazing. Beautifully maintained both inside and out.

The staff just seem to be that little bit more relaxed than the other ships and every individual we’ve met has gone over and above at every opportunity.

We’re in an Aqua balcony. Our original balcony had a fan above it, we asked to move and it was done in an instant.

Our cabin steward is even better that our Cunard Queens Grill butler on our last cruise.

This voyage has far exceeded our expectations and we’ve only been on for 24 hours!

Could you please do an internet speed test and if it isn't too much trouble take a pic of the buffet station (not pizza/pasta or salad) during dinner?  

5 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Could you please do an internet speed test and if it isn't too much trouble take a pic of the buffet station (not pizza/pasta or salad) during dinner?  

during dinner hours they had one station which rotated food, sandwich section, side section called kid section with hot dogs hamburgers mac n cheese with nuggets or fish fingers. Plus the normal pizza/pasta and salad. its more than they were offering at the start of the year.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

What was the AQ room you from which you moved? I hate that fan noise, too.  Looking forward to your review.  Boarding Solstice in May.  

Yes. Deck 11 just aft of the suites.

• Thanks 1

Have the cabin soft furnishings and linens been refreshed or is it the same old, dated burgundy and gold? I understand Soltice has not been refurbished.

For Fishmonger who asked about dinner selections in Ocean View. We are just off a 10 night Silhouette and though quite reduced there was plenty and it was good. We were a family group of 9 and ate dinner there on two nights and everyone was happy.

Sheila.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sheeng said:

Have the cabin soft furnishings and linens been refreshed or is it the same old, dated burgundy and gold? I understand Soltice has not been refurbished.

For Fishmonger who asked about dinner selections in Ocean View. We are just off a 10 night Silhouette and though quite reduced there was plenty and it was good. We were a family group of 9 and ate dinner there on two nights and everyone was happy.

Sheila.

Sheila,

I was also hoping that they would have the new light grey soft furnishings as they had on Equinox when I sailed in January. 

We are on Solstice in October for over 30 days, and my wife has to have her nails refreshed.  Would you mind asking if they use "dipping powder" in the salon?  I have no idea what that means, but my wife says it is a must.  Thanks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sheeng said:

Sheila.

It was the burgundy and gold in December, doubt that has changed.

1 minute ago, Wineaux007 said:

We are on Solstice in October for over 30 days, and my wife has to have her nails refreshed.  Would you mind asking if they use "dipping powder" in the salon?  I have no idea what that means, but my wife says it is a must.  Thanks.

No dip, they have shellac.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Yes. Deck 11 just aft of the suites.

I will be in one of the Sunset Aqua staterooms on deck 11 on my cruise.  

Did you reserve any of the in-room work-out amenities?  They sent me a list to chose up to 3 items. I don't think I was given that option in 2021, but we were still under Covid protocol. 

Do they still have the small reading area that overlooks the atrium?  Did the tree survive?

Will you let us know which evening was the Silent Disco?

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, sheeng said:

Sheila.

same burgundy couch and gold pillows.

i didnt ask about ov i responded to post who asked for pictures. i didnt have pictures but was describing what i saw last time i was on there.

Thanks for doing this, swjumbo.

A couple of things:

Are you enjoying the Cruise Director?  Will they be on for the next month or so?  We find that the Cruise Director can make a good cruise even better.  

Have you tried the Spa Cafe?  I do not see any mention of it in the reviews of the Solstice.  Since one of our b2b cruises will have many port days and we may not get off the ship much, the only other dining venue is the buffet.  Hoping that Spa Cafe is acceptable for a change.

You may need another few days at sea to answer my questions but would appreciate your thoughts.

Funnily enough we just had the conversation about this ship not being revolutionised and it honestly hasn’t lost its charm.

Our favourite ship has been the Silhouette but the Solstice is a very close second. 
Again, the staff have had fun with the passengers (I’ve just witnessed a guest asking about Captain’s Club happy hour and the bartender said he’d never heard of it! He then asked a colleague about it and was told he could have juice or water. The guest’s face was priceless. Obviously he got the drinks list after much hilarity).

Silent disco. There are a few.

Not sure about Chic evenings but will keep you posted. I presume it changes each trip.

One gripe. Hot tubs should be for over 16’s. This, unfortunately, is not enforced.

One last thing. We couldn’t get a reservation for a speciality restaurant before the cruise but we were able to do so on board.

Edited by swjumbo
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chardonnay Char said:

Can you order from the MDR menu while in Blu?

We asked for French onion soup which wasn’t on the menu and were told it’s not on the menu but we’ll happily get it for you if you’re prepared to wait. Perfect answer!

The only way I can sum up Blu is that it’s Cunard Queens Grill in the 21st century!

• Like 1