What are the things you ''ALWAYS'' do on a cruise that other people dont.

DarrenM

On 2/14/2024 at 4:24 AM, JVes said:

You enjoy your okra and I'll be willing to try it in a gumbo or something.

Try it fried.  Little crispy bites.  I love fried okra, but can barely tolerate it in any other form.

31 minutes ago, ChrysFox said:

Try it fried.  Little crispy bites.  I love fried okra, but can barely tolerate it in any other form.

I love it in any form. But I'm a Southerner.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChrysFox said:

I was like you (and it took a miracle just to get me to try it fried and I grew up outside NOLA!!!), then a co-worker of mine brought in homemade pickled okra. YUMOH!

9 hours ago, Miss Ellsworth said:

I hit the buffet in the evening and make up a cheese and fruit plate (and sometimes bread) to take back to my cabin. I also make sure that I always have a bottle of wine in my cabin. In the evening, I love to sit on my balcony with a glass of wine and fruit and cheese plate

I also have a tradition that I call Prosecco Out, Prosecco In. I have a glass of prosecco as we are leaving the pier on Embarkation Day, and then another glass of prosecco as we are pulling up to the final pier of the cruise - no matter how early that is

LOVE the fruit and cheese plate idea. I'll need to bring wine from the bar though and my BF can bring his beer or bourbon from the bar too. I do like to have some champagne as I board the ship, but now I think I'll have to have some as I stand on my balcony and cry as we pull away from our last port on our last night (I love sleep too much to drink it as we arrive back in San Juan. 😁).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChrysFox said:

When I see it like that, I'll definitely give it a try. I'm not sure if it's in our mainstream supermarkets, but I'm sure a grocer or a farmer's market might have some. If I can find it, I'll buy one and hunt down a recipe.

• Like 1