22 days until vacation. Too late for price adjustment?

spleenstomper

I’m figuring it’s too late, but I just thought I’d ask. I don’t think the cruise is full and I did get an upgrade email the other day (we have a balcony so I think it’s a big price jump to a Neptune suite so we aren’t interested). 

Thanks for any tips. 

DH noticed the prices were about half what we paid, but I haven’t yet looked to see if our cabin class is open. 

Edited by spleenstomper

It's impossible for you to know if the ship is full. At 22 days out, GTY assignments haven't been made public yet.

That being said, you will never know unless you ask. However,  a common philosophy pre Covid was if you ask, you will get rack rate. If they ask you, you have a better chance at a deal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ski ww said:

It never hurts to ask all they can say is no. We were once offered OBC or a cabin upgrade, we took the cabin upgrade & went from an inside cabin to a balcony.

Was this lately?  I've found they are pretty stingy since covid.  The op might as well ask.  Nothing to lose 

• Thanks 1

This was a few years ago, but we were booked in an oceanview cabin on the Westerdam to Alaska. About 4 days prior to departure, I noticed that balconies were going for cheaper than what we’d paid for our ocean view cabin, so I messaged my TA, fully expecting for them to say “tough luck this close to departure”. 

Not only was I pleasantly surprised when they replied saying that they’d upgrade us at no extra cost, but they also issued the price difference as OBC. 

Once again, this was a couple of years ago, but long story short is that you wont know what they’re willing to do for you  unless you ask. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

Ask!  I was issued a refund for the difference of $1800. This was after final payment. Others got upgrades and OBC. It never hurts to ask. 

On hal? Recently?  The reason I ask is because I get told no so much.  It makes me wonder if it was my former pcc.  I’ve also got told before final even though it was a refundable fare.  That was through a ta. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

Ask!  I was issued a refund for the difference of $1800. This was after final payment. Others got upgrades and OBC. It never hurts to ask. 

We made out like bandits with Carnival when there was the oil spill in the gulf. Kids with us in inside cabin… had to have been at least $2500 in credits. 

Thanks, everyone. I’ll about to go look at call to ask. 

Edited by spleenstomper