Problem with the new Azamara web site finding cabin availability and deck location

orchid69

Since Azamara has now changed and updated their web site

I have not been able to see what cabins are available regardless of cabin category

I can see category availability and  the pricing but can no longer get into the deck plans showing available cabins and their locations

Can anyone help me or let me know if I am doing something wrong  It is important to be able to look at cabin location and availability so one can make an educated choice.  Has anyone else run into the same problem? Could use some suggestions  Calling my TA and asking for this information every time I check the Azamara website is not fair they are busy enough.  I can only assume that Azamara wants you to call them directly before booking for this information

We booked the category we wanted. The cabin they allocated was a bit too far forward so I gave a selection of cabin numbers that were more suited to my husband. He rang Azamara and they moved us into one of the cabins I had selected. Not an ideal way to do it as I didn’t know if any of the cabins I selected were available. Lucky for me they were. Hopefully when things are running more smoothly we will be able to see the available cabins when booking.  🤞 

4 hours ago, orchid69 said:

I have not been able to see what cabins are available regardless of cabin category

I can see category availability and  the pricing but can no longer get into the deck plans showing available cabins and their locations

Can anyone help me or let me know if I am doing something wrong  It is important to be able to look at cabin location and availability so one can make an educated choice.  Has anyone else run into the same problem? Could use some suggestions  Calling my TA and asking for this information every time I check the Azamara website is not fair they are busy enough.  I can only assume that Azamara wants you to call them directly before booking for this information

That’s what TAs do!  It takes at most 5 minutes.  If your TA can’t find time for that you need a new TA
Give the change over some time.  

Edited by laurieb
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, laurieb said:

That’s what TAs do!  It takes at most 5 minutes.  If your TA can’t find time for that you need a new TA
Give the change over some time.  

I am happy to give change time but I’m not happy being forced to talk to an agent just to find out availability of rooms.  

Travel agents in the UK are not organised as in the USA, they aren’t available to do this “ in 5 minutes” and setting up a US centric model when so many guests are not US based is extremely disappointing.  

Like many people I browse, plan and even book  in the evening (not all Azamara guests can attend to travel matters in the day) so this is another inconvenience.

Looks like this new model makes browsing, an essential part of travel planning, difficult and has the interests of agents rather than guests as a priority.  

I don’t need a new agent (if I’m using one, I’m very happy with the current arrangements I have) I need a cruiseline system that recognises how me and many others make final travel decisions. 

• Like 8

With the on-line UK agent I use, available cabins are listed. I picked a random cruise, and then went in and checked every available category and the cabins were listed in all cases. Some report that at most four are listed, but I can see as many as over 10 in many of the categories.

It's not difficult to do this, even if it's just to find your preferred cabin number(s) and then use your normal method to book said cabin.

16 minutes ago, hamrag said:

With the on-line UK agent I use, available cabins are listed. I picked a random cruise, and then went in and checked every available category and the cabins were listed in all cases. Some report that at most four are listed, but I can see as many as over 10 in many of the categories.

It's not difficult to do this, even if it's just to find your preferred cabin number(s) and then use your normal method to book said cabin.

Are you able to see Azamara inventory today?  Every online agency I know defaults to call for details since this change 

36 minutes ago, uktog said:

Are you able to see Azamara inventory today?  Every online agency I know defaults to call for details since this change 

Yes. the random one I'm looking at Pursuit, 11 nights 1st September 2023, right now has 14 O8s listed, 10 O6s, 30 O5s, 22 V3s, 3 V2s, 5N2s and also 11 insides.

13 hours ago, orchid69 said:

Click on the pencil and paper icon on the "Categories" section of the part-completed booking.

• Like 1

I too am becoming frustrated with not being able to check cabin availabilty on the new web - site.  They need to get this fixed quickly. I am currently in the market for cruise later this year but am currently looking at Oceania as it is easier to check the day by day itinerary, prices and vacant cabins

7 hours ago, uktog said:

I am happy to give change time but I’m not happy being forced to talk to an agent just to find out availability of rooms.  

Travel agents in the UK are not organised as in the USA, they aren’t available to do this “ in 5 minutes” and setting up a US centric model when so many guests are not US based is extremely disappointing.  

Like many people I browse, plan and even book  in the evening (not all Azamara guests can attend to travel matters in the day) so this is another inconvenience.

Looks like this new model makes browsing, an essential part of travel planning, difficult and has the interests of agents rather than guests as a priority.  

I don’t need a new agent (if I’m using one, I’m very happy with the current arrangements I have) I need a cruiseline system that recognises how me and many others make final travel decisions. 

Azamara’s new platform is the same one that Explora uses, along with several other cruise lines. I’m sure that once the bugs are fixed, everyone will be able to view current availability.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, laurieb said:

Azamara’s new platform is the same one that Explora uses, along with several other cruise lines. I’m sure that once the bugs are fixed, everyone will be able to view current availability.

If that is the case, fine.  If not, not fine. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, laurieb said:

I just tried to do a mock booking with Explora and ran into the same issue of needing to enter all of my contact information.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I just tried to do a mock booking with Explora and ran into the same issue of needing to enter all of my contact information.

I am having the same problem. I hope they get it fixed soon. I tried several online agencies and also found that they didn’t have availability of cabins. Looking at several alternative cruises for our first Azamara cruise, but not willing to take the equivalent of a guarantee cabin assigned. 

I found that I could find out which cabin Azamara assigned to me, before I put in contact information, by clicking on the satchel icon on the top right. I could not figure out how to see which cabins are available or change the prospectively assigned cabin. 

Thanks for the tip to click on the "edit" icon to select a different stateroom.

I just mock booked a cruise (had to enter contact info before seeing which cabin was assigned), clicked on the paper & pencil icon to see available cabins. I selected a different cabin, clicked on 'continue', went back to summary page, but original cabin was still there.

Guess bugs are still there; will wait and try again at a later date.

• Like 1

If anyone from Azamara is reading this...

1. Please swap the order of the cabin selection and personal details pages - at least you won't p*ss people off that are looking for availability before deciding to book.
  2. Make sure that the cabin selection page shows all free cabins for the category, not just a subset.

• Like 4

Thank you all for your comments

At least now I know that I am not the only person who enjoys browsing and looking and planning before I book.  Contacting my TA for cabin location and availability each time i look at the Azamara web site is not what I want to do. I explore cruise itineraries at all hours and my TA is not always available

I like to be fairly prepared before I call her. I am frustrated with the change and only hope they will work this out. Thank you all

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Texter2 said:

I am having the same problem. I hope they get it fixed soon. I tried several online agencies and also found that they didn’t have availability of cabins. Looking at several alternative cruises for our first Azamara cruise, but not willing to take the equivalent of a guarantee cabin assigned. 

I found that I could find out which cabin Azamara assigned to me, before I put in contact information, by clicking on the satchel icon on the top right. I could not figure out how to see which cabins are available or change the prospectively assigned cabin. 

My suggestion would be to contact a travel agent, give them an ideas of what you want.  Your TA can see what staterooms are available.  It costs you nothing more to book with a TA than directly and then they are the one who resolve any issues that may come up, take care of your payments getting submitted, etc.

• Like 1

I agree with the comments. I certainly like to view the cabin availability before selecting and making a commitment to a booking. Let’s hope this can be rectified as I and others would definitely be more inclined to pursue and book having the complete picture.

• Like 4

I totally agree, tried the new website yesterday for the first time as we have not been in a position to book a cruise due to my major surgery. Now I have the all clear I was eager to try and get something booked. As others have said our loyalty status and past cruise history is totally incorrect, however still decided to look at the cruises we had identified as possibilities, gave up because I had to input all our information before it would let me go any further.

After the problems we experienced with TA’s not giving refunds promptly during the pandemic we had decided we would always book direct. I think we we’ll go back to using a TA. I hope they can sort it out!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lindy028 said:

I totally agree, tried the new website yesterday for the first time as we have not been in a position to book a cruise due to my major surgery. Now I have the all clear I was eager to try and get something booked. As others have said our loyalty status and past cruise history is totally incorrect, however still decided to look at the cruises we had identified as possibilities, gave up because I had to input all our information before it would let me go any further.

After the problems we experienced with TA’s not giving refunds promptly during the pandemic we had decided we would always book direct. I think we we’ll go back to using a TA. I hope they can sort it out!

Good luck! My TA is as frustrated as I am!

• 3 months later...

It's now end July and the website still doesn't allow me to select a cabin.  It gives me the very last cabin at the stern of the ship for both V3 and V2 category. Sure I can click on the edit button and it gives me the very next cabin and the two across the aisle.  So right at the stern.  And I have to enter all my details of both of us to even get to the stage of being allocated the cabin. It's ridiculous.  

24 minutes ago, kbcruiser10 said:

It's now end July and the website still doesn't allow me to select a cabin.  It gives me the very last cabin at the stern of the ship for both V3 and V2 category. Sure I can click on the edit button and it gives me the very next cabin and the two across the aisle.  So right at the stern.  And I have to enter all my details of both of us to even get to the stage of being allocated the cabin. It's ridiculous.  

You need to use a TA.  I just booked an Azamara cruise for 2025, emailed my TA the exact cabin I wanted and she had it booked within 20 minutes.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kbcruiser10 said:

I think if it's only showing one or two alternative cabins, that's all there is available.

If you do a dummy booking on something well into the future, then you'll find that it offers you up to five alternative cabins as well as the one that is first automatically allocated.  Not perfect, but similar to other cruise lines that use the same software.

• Like 1

I am not interested in contacting a TA till I see what cabins are available.  I have checked several times for a cruise that is 2 years away and all I can get is the one cabin offered in any of the categories I select.    If I wanted a guarantee cabin I would book in that category and save some money.  I am appalled at Azamara's indifference in making it easy to book one of their cruises.  Do they not understand this will drive people away?

• Like 5