I just upgraded myself on the Millennium

Sigyn

I couldn't resist. We were booked in a sunset veranda for our upcoming Alaskan cruise on the Millennium, which is a great cabin, but one of the former family ocean view stateroom verandas, now called an "ultra deluxe veranda stateroom" on the corner with the gigantic balconies opened up so I grabbed it. Cost me an extra $900 pp, but it seemed like a fun splurge for an Alaskan cruise. 

So, no move up bid will be placed from me. I did it myself. To a steep price. But the photos I'm seeing of this balcony make it seem worth it. Thoughts, anyone? I haven't found many details about this particular stateroom. It's cabin #8166 in the photo. We were in cabin #8170 on this same deck. 

Screenshot 2023-04-09 at 8.59.02 PM.png

• Thanks 1

Seems a bit steep for a 7 night cruise but can't argue it's one of the best staterooms on the ship.  Our favorite SV is 8172 on M class ships.  Was in 8183 once and the extra room in the cabin is very nice.

I currently have a bid in for a FV on my TA next week.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Seems a bit steep for a 7 night cruise but can't argue it's one of the best staterooms on the ship.  Our favorite SV is 8172 on M class ships.  Was in 8183 once and the extra room in the cabin is very nice.

I currently have a bid in for a FV on my TA next week.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

it's definitely a bit steep, but I thought about how much we'd enjoy the deck, and the second room in the cabin, and took the plunge. I only spent $3,400 on the cabin before this upgrade, so being in for $5,200 isn't bad for a week long vacation. There's about $350 in OBC in there somewhere, too. 

A couple of weeks ago I cancelled the $700 I had spent on the separate boat ride to see the Hubbard Glacier up close, because it just seemed like too much to spend for two hours on that particular experience, so this seemed like a better way to spend some of that money. 

Edited by njsmom
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, njsmom said:

Thoughts, anyone? I haven't found many details about this particular stateroom.

My thought is you only live once and what better way to see Alaska than from a corner aft verandah.  If you google “ Celebrity family verandah stateroom” there are a bunch of You Tube videos of this stateroom.  The Summit one should look just like yours.  I toured an unrevolutionized one on deck 7 on Connie and was blown away by all the space.  If I remember correctly that one had a long private hallway not properly depicted on your deck plan in your post.  The people that gave us the tour said they couldn’t hear anyone knocking at the door because it was so far away from the actual stateroom.

• Like 1

We've been in 8166 on Constellation, Summit, and Infinity (twice).  It is an excellent cabin with a balcony that is perfect for Alaska.  You will be very very happy with it and you will not regret spending the money.  For the same reason, I have 8166 on Summit booked for next year's Panama Canal cruise.  Enjoy.

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

If I remember correctly that one had a long private hallway not properly depicted on your deck plan in your post.  The people that gave us the tour said they couldn’t hear anyone knocking at the door because it was so far away from the actual stateroom.

Yes, the hallway is private and dedicated to the corner FV. It is secure as it is behind the locked stateroom door that faces the public hallway..It is great for providing storage.

The corner FVs on Millennium, Infinity, and Summit have a doorbell because you cannot hear anyone knock.  For some reason they did not put in on Constellation.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

Wow, this sounds fantastic. I found one video of the cabin before I booked it, and that cinched the deal. I have found a few pictures thanks to the search suggestion from @Stem to Stern so that has made me really look forward to our cruise. It looks like a fantastic cabin, particularly for cruises like Alaska where the scenery is everything.

9 hours ago, mahdnc said:

We've been in 8166 on Constellation, Summit, and Infinity (twice).  It is an excellent cabin with a balcony that is perfect for Alaska.  You will be very very happy with it and you will not regret spending the money.  For the same reason, I have 8166 on Summit booked for next year's Panama Canal cruise.  Enjoy.

We had 8166 on a Panama Canal cruise and it greatly enhanced our cruise especially when going through the locks!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, njsmom said:

I couldn't resist. We were booked in a sunset veranda for our upcoming Alaskan cruise on the Millennium, which is a great cabin, but one of the former family ocean view stateroom verandas, now called an "ultra deluxe veranda stateroom" on the corner with the gigantic balconies opened up so I grabbed it. Cost me an extra $900 pp, but it seemed like a fun splurge for an Alaskan cruise. 

So, no move up bid will be placed from me. I did it myself. To a steep price. But the photos I'm seeing of this balcony make it seem worth it. Thoughts, anyone? I haven't found many details about this particular stateroom. It's cabin #8166 in the photo. We were in cabin #8170 on this same deck. 

Screenshot 2023-04-09 at 8.59.02 PM.png

Great move!  Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

On our Alaska cruise in September our ship, Eclipse, got as close to Hubbard as the expensive tour boats…may not happen every time but could be a much better use of your dollars to upgrade your cabin! The Captain spun the ship around slowly so everyone got a great view. Your veranda will keep winds to a minimum so you’ll be able to enjoy the view in private comfort! Nicely done, enjoy!

• Like 2

Congratulations on scoring such a great cabin for Alaska!  M-class corner FVs, or whatever they're designated now, are my all-time favorite cabins.  Their balconies are the best in the fleet, second only to M-class PH.  Great views and excellent protection from wind/rain.  BTW, its interior size and layout put sky suites to shame (and better yet, it doesn't have that pesky sky suite tub/shower combo). 😉 You're going to love it!  

• Like 5

I do not like the Revolutionized changes to the cabin interior.  However the changes to the balcony are an improvement--especially with the decking compared to the old style (photo).

image.thumb.jpeg.1affff0bf45cdf45a5506e28d9e42d8e.jpeg

Unrevolutionized balcony for FV 8166 on Constellation somewhere near Florida (Nov 5 2022).

• Like 1