HMC Villas are listed as $999.99 now?!?!

missholly24

50 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

That's unfortunate, used to be out favorite port. Wish they would open something bigger and sell me HMC🤣

Just go on the smaller ships like I do and then crowding won't be a problem!

• Like 1

I have a funny update to this post. I have a lot of extra time at work so I check the Villas daily to see availability. Three times so far they have been "sold out" only to be available again the next day ("2 remaining"). I'm wondering if they mark them as sold out to create a little urgency for the booking. LOL...maybe not, but I find it weird. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/5/2023 at 2:12 PM, icft said:

I think most did indeed get your point and enjoyed the way you presented it. I know it made me chuckle.

I got it also, hence my equally tongue-in-cheek "Take THAT, Regent Seven Seas!" comment.  🙂  

On 5/7/2023 at 11:31 AM, balcony bound said:

Half Moon Cay used to be one of our favorite places and if I had a choice of itineraries where one had HMC that would be the one I chose.  That's not the way I feel anymore after my last two visits (11/22 and 5/23).  The ships are now so big that there are just too many people... going to the beach with 3908 of my new friends just isn't the same as it once was.  Still beautiful, but oh so very crowded. The beach has eroded a bit as well, leaving even less space for the lounge chairs.

Sadly, I feel the same.  I've had a cabana for each of my four visits (out of 8 attempts) and it has been one of my favorite places to cruise.  I just can't rationalize the new pricing for cabanas and so, while the port isn't quite "dead" to me, it isn't the same itinerary-maker that it was.   

It's still better than Freeport or Falmouth, though.  😄  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Pellaz said:

I got it also, hence my equally tongue-in-cheek "Take THAT, Regent Seven Seas!" comment.  🙂  

Sadly, I feel the same.  I've had a cabana for each of my four visits (out of 8 attempts) and it has been one of my favorite places to cruise.  I just can't rationalize the new pricing for cabanas and so, while the port isn't quite "dead" to me, it isn't the same itinerary-maker that it was.   

Feel exactly the same way, we used to LOVE HMC because we would get a Cabana and relax for the day in "luxury" (use that term loosely here).

Now, at these prices, don't think we will be looking for trips that stop there.

Also agree on Freeport and Falmouth!

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 6:27 AM, missholly24 said:

I have a funny update to this post. I have a lot of extra time at work so I check the Villas daily to see availability. Three times so far they have been "sold out" only to be available again the next day ("2 remaining"). I'm wondering if they mark them as sold out to create a little urgency for the booking. LOL...maybe not, but I find it weird. 

My guess is that they become available as people change their mind and cancel their booking.

On 5/5/2023 at 8:49 AM, KmomChicago said:

Yes it does @1kaper, thankyouverymuch.

I’m adding now that the fact that I booked a cabana a couple years ago at $399 is basically proof that they were underpriced. Thriftiness is practically baked into my personality.

I thought your point was pretty obvious and it made me chuckle.

For me, $400 was an option as a splurge. I have MS and other health “stuff” making too much heat and sunshine not an option. Having the cabana turned what would have been a short, very hot day into a full day of fun and relaxation. I will miss having that option and will most likely just enjoy an empty Serenity deck if we go there in the future. My first sailing after the restart, I was solo and went to HMC. A cabana for one person was not happening so I got a clamshell. Never again. SO HOT! And so hard to get out of. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 1:18 PM, wemjam said:

Curiosity got the best of me, so went to see exactly what is left for our sailing in just over 2 weeks.

3 Villas

6 Cabana's

1 Private Oasis

Think the increased pricing really is impacting it, I can't recall ever seeing any Cabanas or Villas, or even the Private Oasis open this close to sailing.  If it didn't mean walking the entire length of the beach I would would see how many sit empty the day we get there lol.

I hope, since I love these, they find they have priced people right out of buying and bring it back down a notch.

So just 5 days to sailing and checked and the gauge hasn't moved much, still left:

2 Villas

7 Cabana's

Private Oasis sold out now

• Like 2

On 5/14/2023 at 1:50 AM, Pellaz said:

On 5/14/2023 at 1:50 AM, Pellaz said:

I AGREE to all of the above. 

On 5/12/2023 at 6:27 AM, missholly24 said:

Not sure about that, but we have been following a Valor cruise in November.  For a week or two it had been showing only a few cabins available and none on our favorite deck 7.  After a week or two, one showed up as available so we went ahead and booked it.  I went on today to compare prices and after another couple of weeks all of a sudden there are 15 cabins available on deck 7.  Definitely seems suspicious since the final payment date is months away.

1 minute ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Not sure about that, but we have been following a Valor cruise in November.  For a week or two it had been showing only a few cabins available and none on our favorite deck 7.  After a week or two, one showed up as available so we went ahead and booked it.  I went on today to compare prices and after another couple of weeks all of a sudden there are 15 cabins available on deck 7.  Definitely seems suspicious since the final payment date is months away.

I believe she is talking about villas on HMC, not cabins on the ship.

• Like 2

Just now, staceyglow said:

I believe she is talking about villas on HMC, not cabins on the ship.

Yes, I know.  That's why I said not sure about that.  But, it's certainly the same principle if they want to create an "urgency" for booking, whether it's a cruise or a villa.

41 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Probably a travel agent releasing a block of cabins that were on a group hold. :classic_cool:

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

So with cabanas sold out for my August 6 cruise, I'm debating what to do. We are a family of 6 and have had one on each of our trips to HMC... but I missed out this time and at $699 will probably not bite even if one becomes available. I'm going to buy masks and snorkels for the kids at Target, and maybe bring an inflatable raft or two (or splurge the $20/ea to rent them). Just worried about finding some shade (I know the clamshells are an option but I hear they oversell them, hard to find one, etc.)

1 hour ago, CorrieCJ said:

So with cabanas sold out for my August 6 cruise, I'm debating what to do. We are a family of 6 and have had one on each of our trips to HMC... but I missed out this time and at $699 will probably not bite even if one becomes available. I'm going to buy masks and snorkels for the kids at Target, and maybe bring an inflatable raft or two (or splurge the $20/ea to rent them). Just worried about finding some shade (I know the clamshells are an option but I hear they oversell them, hard to find one, etc.)

I did see someone bring an umbrella, in fact I've seen umbrellas at HMC a couple times.

HMC beach.jpg

31 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I did see someone bring an umbrella, in fact I've seen umbrellas at HMC a couple times.

That might be an option, especially since we are driving to port rather than flying. I had thought about it but didn't know if it was allowed or practical to schlep 🙂 I'm considering it now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CorrieCJ said:

That might be an option, especially since we are driving to port rather than flying. I had thought about it but didn't know if it was allowed or practical to schlep 🙂 I'm considering it now!

I'm thinking of doing that too. I have a Nov 20 cruise and April 27, both have HMC. I was going to get a cabana when they were 500 (begrudgingly). Than I'd just rent one float and we'd be set.

The first time we went to HMC we rented a cabana for $200 and we thought that was expensive!  If you walk down the beach there are lots of trees with plenty of shade, there are beach loungers and a whole lot less people!  When we were there in April we saw people who had brought Sun Ninja beach shelters, they looked like they worked very well.  Look them up on Amazon.

• 2 months later...

Way back in April when I booked the Villa it was sold out within a few days.  Then it became available again.  Now four months later and 11 months before the cruise, the Villa is still available but limited.  Looks like the price hike to $999 really made a difference.  Still glad we reserved it because it will limit sun exposure for the vulnerable young children with us.

Edited by Cinnamon2

There are still over 10 cabanas left for our April Vista cruise.  These used to sell out quickly after being released for sale. They have been available since March. Though we are cabana people,  no way we're paying $700. We know where to find shade and make do without one. 😎

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Our next cruise is in two months... just noticed there are still poolside cabanas available in Amber Cover for the low low price of $519.  Unheard of to be available but definitely not worth the price.

We have a poolside cabana booked for our January and April cruises which we reserved before the price increase. It's a no go moving forward unless we split the cost with another couple. 😎

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

We have a poolside cabana booked for our January and April cruises which we reserved before the price increase. It's a no go moving forward unless we split the cost with another couple. 😎

Guess we need to start cruising with you on the same date😃

• Haha 1

To add to the price increase in the villas, I just got this email about the removal of the AC

The rental is for June 2024

-----------------------------------------

Our records indicate that you have purchased tickets for the following tour for your cruise:

Beach Villa Rental in the port of Half Moon Cay.

Kindly note that the Island’s operational team just advised us that from the 1st of October, 2023 the Villas on Half Moon Cay will no longer be air-conditioned.  

If this change in the amenities no longer fits your needs, you can log into your portal and cancel your booking for a full refund. Please note that refunds are processed to the original form of payments and in case of Credit cards it takes 7-10 days to process.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

CARNIVAL ADVENTURES TEAM

Carnival Cruise Line

CHOOSE FUN®

Edited by Moparfiend
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Moparfiend said:

To add to the price increase in the villas, I just got this email about the removal of the AC

The rental is for June 2024

-----------------------------------------

Our records indicate that you have purchased tickets for the following tour for your cruise:

Beach Villa Rental in the port of Half Moon Cay.

Kindly note that the Island’s operational team just advised us that from the 1st of October, 2023 the Villas on Half Moon Cay will no longer be air-conditioned.  

If this change in the amenities no longer fits your needs, you can log into your portal and cancel your booking for a full refund. Please note that refunds are processed to the original form of payments and in case of Credit cards it takes 7-10 days to process.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

CARNIVAL ADVENTURES TEAM

Carnival Cruise Line

CHOOSE FUN®

That's just... wrong!!