Israel

envy4u

On the Cunard 2020 world cruise we used www.guidedtoursisrael.com  We were docked in Haifa for two days and they had a two day itinerary.  They do service other ports.  I have no idea if they're still in business of course.

We did it as a private group tour, meaning others from the ship could sign up for the same tour independently (no one was running the show).  They kept the group small and the vehicle was very comfortable.  

Just as an aside, with the confirmation they sent a 'must read' section that basically told you to lower your expectations of Israel in general.  Places are crowded, traffic is bad, etc.  They were right.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, envy4u said:

Don’t know where to start on booking a private tour in Ashod and Haifa.  Recommendations please. 

@envy4u

To help you out your new topic titled Israel has been moved to the correct forum. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

Happy sails,

Host Kat

I second Guided Tours Israel.  I used them for four different ship excursions. Very efficient, reasonable prices, small vans, etc. and great guides. I used Bein Harim for two days, and there were SO many problems, including the worst tour guide we have ever experienced.

I can also recommend Moti Bar-Tuv for a highly personalized experience. GTI tends to sell their more generic small group tours and are less willing to personalize for a truly unique experience. If the GTI tours meet your needs, they are fine. But if you have certain interests or must sees, or just want an unforgettable experience, go with a true private guide.

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2023 at 9:33 AM, Markanddonna said:

I second Guided Tours Israel.  I used them for four different ship excursions. Very efficient, reasonable prices, small vans, etc. and great guides. I used Bein Harim for two days, and there were SO many problems, including the worst tour guide we have ever experienced.

Keep in mind that for 2024, they have changed their tours to accommodate 20-40 people. Since Israel tours are very popular, I anticipate the maximum number of 40 people will be reached. This is an increase from 6-16 people this year (NOTE: They have NOT updated their website for 2024). This is what Leo wrote to me in an email:

Sorry for the confusion.

The rates in our website is valid until 2023 – that is why we cannot update it yet

Semi-Private tour are for guest with hotel pick up and drop off only that is why there is a separate section for shore excursion

Semi-private tour with 6-10 persons: US$159 per person (subject to minimum 6 persons)

Group-tour with 20-40 persons: $89 per person (subject to minimum 20 persons.

Rate does not include meals, applicable admission fee, gratuity and other personal expenses.

Alan