Specialty Restaurant Confirmations

Keith1010

A couple of months ago, I made reservations through the Captain's Club Desk for the restarant on the Summit for an upcoming March 26th cruise. They said that we would receive a confirming e-mail closer to the date of the cruise. Does anyone know approximately how many days prior to the cruise we should expect the confirming e-mail?

Keith

About one week before our last cruise, I received a call from a CC representative. We reqested Ocean Liners for the day of embarkation. She said that they usually do not make reservations for that night but she would send it though. As soon as we boarded, we made reservations on our way to the buffet. Later, we found that we had double booked because they had received the reservation request from the CC.

We never got an email so I called to confirm the date. They said everything was taken care. On the night we were supposed to have our reservations, we got to the the restaurant and lo and behold...no record of any reservation. They did find a table for us. My advice to you would be to go to the restaurant as soon as you can after boarding and reconfirm.

We find this to be hit and miss. Our last cruise we received the email and they had the reservation onboard but the cruise before I checked when we boarded and there was no record of our reservation. Good advice to check when you get onboard.

We never got an email so I called to confirm the date. They said everything was taken care. On the night we were supposed to have our reservations, we got to the the restaurant and lo and behold...no record of any reservation. They did find a table for us. My advice to you would be to go to the restaurant as soon as you can after boarding and reconfirm.

We had many discussions about this on our roll call for the Dec 10th, 2005 sailing of Constellation. As you said, if you try to make a reservation for embarkation night, they will email you saying either that the restaurant is closed that night (which is what they told me:mad: ) or that they can't make reservations for that night:confused: . The specialty restaurant is open on embarkation night and usually if you've requested it, you'll get onboard and find the confirmation in your cabin. You won't get a confirmation of it via email.

I don't know why Celebrity has gone to this new system of email confirmations when the people who are assigned to do this cannot do it in a timely manner. There's always an excuse that "their system was down". :rolleyes: Don't waste a minute worrying about it and don't bother to call because you'll get a different answer everytime that you do. The email confirmation will come, but not until about a week before you sail. Celebrity needs to find a better way. The current system is just causing people to worry needlessly and yes, you should always check when you first come onboard!

In January I made reservations for Ocean Liners and was told I would receive an email confirmation about a week prior to sailing. I was not given any confirmation number at that time, though in the past ten X cruises I have always been provided with one. Last week I called Captain's Club and was told to wait a few days. Not satisfied with that response, I called again the following day and was told I never made any reservation! So I made another reservation and asked that Captain's Club make note of this lapse in service with documentation to appropriate parties to prevent further problems. Of course, the minute we board, I plan to reconfirm the reservation. Luckily, I have the names of each person I spoke with, date and time.

One individual at Captain's Club said that they can't confirm reservations until the manifest is set! I don't buy that excuse.

Oh, we leave in three days and still no confirmation.

Darcy

We never did receive an E-mail confirmation for the speciality restaurant on Infinity (2/19) alhtough I had called Captain's club several times. We went directly to the restaurant when we boarded to confirm (we were confirmed for our orignaly date) and actually change the date - no problem - seemed to be plenty of openings if you go when you first embark (and this was a holiday week as well).

Previous to our 1/2/06-Summit cruise, I called Captains Club to make our Restaurant reservations (1 month prior), and was told, that they email the request directly to the ship. We were noticed about 1 week prior to sailing that our reservation was set. We did reconfirm when we boarded.

Karyn

In our case, they sent an e-mail confirmation about a week before but it didn't come from the usual celebrity address and got blocked by the AOL spam filter. Even when we checked the spam mail box and saw the sender's name, it didn't appear as a celebrity or rccl address and looked like spam. That may be why some e-mails don't get through.

It took me 2 calls and 2 e-mails to finally get a response from the Captain's Club for our Normandie reservations. Then I got a message stating that their largest table would only hold 6 people and we were a party of 8. As it happened, they put us all together and it worked out fine.

I called Captains Club about 6 weeks from our departure date and made my request for the alternative rest on Consellation. I was given a choice of being notified by phone or by email. About 3 weeks later I called Captains Club to check on my request and was told that I wouldnt hear from them until about one week before cruise. The woman I talked to was not very friendly so I called back and talked to another representative. This person asked me my name, date I requested, ship etc. She also asked me the name of the person I made my initial request with (I had not written it down) She then checked on my request and told me she had no record of my request so I made a new request through her. She told me her name and to write it down. I did receive a call about 8 days before our cruise confirming date, time and a confirmation number.

My advice to you is to write down the name of the person who makes your reservation for you and then to follow it up with a phone call to make sure that you do have a reservation in place with them. Good luck and enjoy!

I hope it works for me. I called CC last week for a May 8 Infinity sailing. I don't think the CC rep had ever done a reservation before. First she told me that Celebrity no longer has the SS United States. Then she wanted to know what ship I wanted a reservation for. After explaining about the specialty restraunt to her she excused herself and came back 10 minutes later and seemed to ask the right questions.

Do you think I should call back and try again? Or should I wait until closer to the sailing?

The problem if you call now is that they don't keep a record of the e-mails. That is what they told me when I checked with them a month ago. So, I think at this point I would wait and if you don't receive a confirmation e mail from them 10 days before, then I would call them.

I really don't understand why they don't automate this process just as they've done with so many other things on the web site. You should have the ability to request a reservation via the web and get a confirming e mail from them. Seems like it would cut down on all of the staff that needs to make these reservations and cut down on all of the anxiety that the passenger's have.

Keith

Archived