2024 Mediterranean

luv2camp04

We are looking into doing a Mediterranean cruise next year (possibly May/June or Sept/Oct).  We have only cruised Celebrity so far but I am looking at all options.  I am looking for the best itinerary for our needs since this is a bucket list cruise.  I've noticed that for HAL, the only ship in the Med is the Oosterdam.  Is this normal for HAL or have they not released all Med cruised for next year.  Other lines (Celebrity, NCL, Princess, etc...) seem to have multiple ships in the area.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Kelly

20 minutes ago, luv2camp04 said:

We are looking into doing a Mediterranean cruise next year (possibly May/June or Sept/Oct).  We have only cruised Celebrity so far but I am looking at all options.  I am looking for the best itinerary for our needs since this is a bucket list cruise.  I've noticed that for HAL, the only ship in the Med is the Oosterdam.  Is this normal for HAL or have they not released all Med cruised for next year.  Other lines (Celebrity, NCL, Princess, etc...) seem to have multiple ships in the area.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Kelly

Nieuw Statendam leaves Copenhagen early September and heads to the med. 

No more cruises will be added unless for some unexpected reason a ship's original schedule is changed. All HAL ships are assigned for summer of 2024.

HAL used to run 3 ships in the Med prior to Covid. But they sold 4 ships during Covid, and there is significant crowding in the Med ports. HAL also has at least one less ship in Alaska as well.

• Thanks 1

We were on the Oosterdam last August for a 14-day cruise of Greece from Venice. We also chose this cruise for the bucket list itinerary. Other than getting Covid the last 5 days of the cruise, it was a great cruise. This cruise followed one we did from Rome on the Celebrity Reflection which we also loved. Both had pros and cons but accomplished what we wanted to see and do.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 11:11 AM, luv2camp04 said:

Kelly

well I know this is a HAL forum, but check out NCL EPIC doing Greece next year.

And RCI will always have an Oasis ship out of Barcelona but this year I picked the Edge as l liked the ports better and no need to stop in Naples.