Extraordinary Savings Sale

Flatbush Flyer

On 4/24/2023 at 4:08 PM, mauibabes said:

@Gangway

IMHO, if you can move up to a Riviera Penthouse for what you already have spent for your current booking, GRAB IT.   The benefits of the PH are very nice and Riviera is beautiful and you are out no more $. 
Again, JMHO, 

Mauibabes

Had a 30 day grand cruise booked, past final payment. Both legs of the 30 day cruise worked out to half of what I paid. I suggested that an upgrade from B3 to PH2 would be acceptable to me, or if not, some obc. 

Through my TA, O originally said No. Possibly because the grand cruise is not considered the same as the two segments b2b. I called O directly and asked for an upgrade, and got "I'll ask the revenue department for you as a courtesy." My TA pushed some more and finally got us the upgrade to the PH2. 

I know some have been getting full credit for the far difference, but how do you spend $12k in obc? I also think just the room upgrade is a good compromise, even though I still paid about $6k more than if I could have booked today. I'm satisfied.

• Like 1

Has anyone heard Oceania’s radio advertisement?

Is anyone at all somewhat concerned about this sale? Thousands of dollars less. Upgrades and FCC to those beyond Final Payment. Makes me think back to Renaissance Cruise Line when prices were being reduced every few weeks and every time you called you received a refund check.   

• Like 1

Our cruise is totally sold out. Was told that the sale ends Sunday April 30th.

We are in an Oceania Suite which is NOT included in this sale, according to the guy I spoke with at Oceania. I asked to be waitlisted to a PH1 for our cruise and the next one, in case there are cancellations over the weekend. Both cruises would be less with this 40% off sale than one in the bigger Suite. Still think we will just go on the one since it is very unlikely that a PH1 would open up this weekend.

Hope all is well with O. 

Not sure how the sale will impact the actual cruises. On an Azamara ship, when many paid rock bottom price due to a big sale, every thing was different. Different food, short staffed, etc, to make up for losses.

Cant imagine O would do that, not a way to attract future cruisers. I also hope the fire sale does not attract the kind of crowd that exists on other lines. Hope the price is still high enough to keep it classy, no kids, no rowdy families. 

Love the classy atmosphere of O, no belly flopping contests, no newly not so newly wed games...all typical of Celebrity. Please keep sailing Celeb if you enjoy that. 

Edited by jonthomas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jonthomas said:

Hope all is well with O. 

Not sure how the sale will impact the actual cruises. On an Azamara ship, when many paid rock bottom price due to a big sale, every thing was different. Different food, short staffed, etc, to make up for losses.

Cant imagine O would do that, not a way to attract future cruisers. I also hope the fire sale does not attract the kind of crowd that exists on other lines. Hope the price is still high enough to keep it classy, no kids, no rowdy families. 

Love the classy atmosphere of O, no belly flopping contests, no newly not so newly wed games...all typical of Celebrity. Please keep sailing Celeb if you enjoy that. 

We have been on several lines, including regent Seven Seas.

I agree, thrilled to have adults, no formal nights, small ship. The difference is in what is included, and what is not. Booking a hotel at the beginning which had transportation included, until they removed the hotel from the list. Sales, sales, sales. Finding that our Suite was NOT included in the best sales after we booked. We will learn after this experience, and hopefully will enjoy enough to become loyal.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

Interesting.

This is our first Oceania experience.

Very confusing.

@SATaxman It is my first trip on Oceania as well.  This sale for me came out of the blue and I learned about the sale and how to access it here on this blog on CruiseCritic.com.  Seems to be unusual.  For me, I booked using a promotion in September 2022.  The four category upgrade promotion.  I had no idea we could also use this sale.  I simply called my TA and it was done.  

The key for anytime you are cruising on a new brand is the CruiseCritic.com blog for that brand.  Ask any questions here as I have been.  It all becomes clear after a while.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

12 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@SATaxman It is my first trip on Oceania as well.  This sale for me came out of the blue and I learned about the sale and how to access it here on this blog on CruiseCritic.com.  Seems to be unusual.  For me, I booked using a promotion in September 2022.  The four category upgrade promotion.  I had no idea we could also use this sale.  I simply called my TA and it was done.  

The key for anytime you are cruising on a new brand is the CruiseCritic.com blog for that brand.  Ask any questions here as I have been.  It all becomes clear after a while.  

I was not checking often enough. Booked through Oceania, not a TA. The guy at Oceania was working on getting the Ultimate benefits for us, which he was able to do. We thought that was great. Who knew that 40% off had been available. We are sticking with our Oceania Suite. Hoping to find "friends" to share our 6 bottles of booze! 

16 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

This sale for me came out of the blue and I learned about the sale and how to access it here on this blog on CruiseCritic.com. 

As the guy who started this thread and, on behalf of all who have posted accurate info (as the situation has unfolded, you’re welcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

We have been on several lines, including regent Seven Seas.

I agree, thrilled to have adults, no formal nights, small ship. The difference is in what is included, and what is not. Booking a hotel at the beginning which had transportation included, until they removed the hotel from the list. Sales, sales, sales. Finding that our Suite was NOT included in the best sales after we booked. We will learn after this experience, and hopefully will enjoy enough to become loyal.

Yes  the  sales on Oceania  can be confusing

But  in the fine print it does say your cabin category  must have availability  to get the  deal

Yes paying big $$$ for a suite  & not get any compensation on  a sale like this is most annoying I am sure

The top suites & insides  are usually the first to go

All you can do is keep asking your rep to get something off or FCC for you 

Unfortunately your cruises is  in the middle of 2 Grand voyages  so cabins  will  be held to see if others book the GV & not the single segment

The Hotel was probably removed as they are no longer docking in Venice

They do have a  pre cruise hotel in Trieste listed  

They  probably will have  transfers from VCE to Trieste  

do get your rep to check  as many will be flying into VCE 

They did have transfer  last year & maybe are still doing them for  cruises out of Trieste

JMO

11 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

I was not checking often enough. Booked through Oceania, not a TA. The guy at Oceania was working on getting the Ultimate benefits for us, which he was able to do. We thought that was great. Who knew that 40% off had been available. We are sticking with our Oceania Suite. Hoping to find "friends" to share our 6 bottles of booze! 

My wife and I are available.  LOL

13 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

... Hoping to find "friends" to share our 6 bottles of booze! 

Though if by "booze" you mean "hard liquor" you may need them, but if you mean "wine", shouldn't be a problem on a 10 day or longer cruise.

I tend to enjoy more beer and hard liquor. Not much for wine. Love to see what I can find that is interesting or unique in the various ports. I do wonder when, if ever, I'll drink the 169 proof (84.5%) Sunset rum I bought in St. Vincent. The bottle sits to my right, along with the other overproof Caribbean rum I brought back off Sirena (11/2022).

28 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Though if by "booze" you mean "hard liquor" you may need them, but if you mean "wine", shouldn't be a problem on a 10 day or longer cruise.

I tend to enjoy more beer and hard liquor. Not much for wine. Love to see what I can find that is interesting or unique in the various ports. I do wonder when, if ever, I'll drink the 169 proof (84.5%) Sunset rum I bought in St. Vincent. The bottle sits to my right, along with the other overproof Caribbean rum I brought back off Sirena (11/2022).

With the Ultimate package, we have glasses of wine Lunch and Dinner at all restaurants included.

39 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Yes  the  sales on Oceania  can be confusing

But  in the fine print it does say your cabin category  must have availability  to get the  deal

Yes paying big $$$ for a suite  & not get any compensation on  a sale like this is most annoying I am sure

The top suites & insides  are usually the first to go

All you can do is keep asking your rep to get something off or FCC for you 

Unfortunately your cruises is  in the middle of 2 Grand voyages  so cabins  will  be held to see if others book the GV & not the single segment

The Hotel was probably removed as they are no longer docking in Venice

They do have a  pre cruise hotel in Trieste listed  

They  probably will have  transfers from VCE to Trieste  

do get your rep to check  as many will be flying into VCE 

They did have transfer  last year & maybe are still doing them for  cruises out of Trieste

JMO

There is transfer available. $319 for the 2 of us. Found out yesterday.

2 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

There is transfer available. $319 for the 2 of us. Found out yesterday.

YIKES

Is this from Oceania?

Would be looking for private transfers or take the train

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

We are sticking with our Oceania Suite. Hoping to find "friends" to share our 6 bottles of booze! 

Your butler can arrange  a party in your suite    just invite  your roll call  members 😃

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

With the Ultimate package, we have glasses of wine Lunch and Dinner at all restaurants included.

And at quite the price per day, which is why we do not buy any such package but bring our own alcohol. I can't imagine spending $70 per day per PP when our room is $175 per day PP.  That's 40% of the price of our B3 veranda later this year on Riviera (10 nights).

19 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

And at quite the price per day, which is why we do not buy any such package but bring our own alcohol. I can't imagine spending $70 per day per PP when our room is $175 per day PP.  That's 40% of the price of our B3 veranda later this year on Riviera (10 nights).

Not everyone is like you

Other people will spend their money the way they want

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2