The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday April 14th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Just too beautiful not to share. Goodnight.

image.thumb.jpeg.153cc3ebf62e8f8be6d54f94e4c7b572.jpeg

Wow, Bruce.  That sunset is spectacular.  

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Wow!  Reading the last two pages was like an action movie.  Had to laugh at Rovers name.  

@ger_77 @JazzyV @kazu  I am no where near saint hood.  I do this because I am not very good with money -2 didnt marry money- 3 I love to cruise. Cruising is an addiction for me, the absolute best vacation, where once I am on board, I have no worries, no cares, no chores, no jobs, and my self centered side takes over.  I'm the queen of the seas.   And I spend most of my time people watching or sea watching, or food watching.  I could have gotten addicted to motor cycle riding.....and had a garage full of bikes.  ( I already have a room full of guitars).

I have been in customer service for a very long time, or as I call it "cussed out service", and my greatest joy is when I can make a jerk happy.  He will walk away, and then come back and buy again, but I have never met a larger dweeb than the one last night. And the sad part was,  he was right about me not knowing much about Friends of Lincoln Center.  When the bosses have all worked it for years, they simply pull from past  history of the place, I haven't lived in the tri state area since 1979, and back then I was more interested in walking in the woods, than dancing under a disco ball in the middle of a city.  And I am still the same way.  So I need to understand exactly what we do, not draw from "during covid" or back in the 1990's....Luckily, I didnt have to work that "gig" today, but will be back tomorrow morning with them.  I worked my second to last day at the bowl, and talked to one person.  Who I helped, but didn't sell to.  And that is still OK, because, like a gardener, I "Planted a seed". 

Annie, helping some one is often as important as making a sale, except, for your bank account.  And they will remember your kindness.

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Just got call from United, confirming his bag is on its way and due in at RSW a little after 10:00p. We’ll get back on the shuttle and pick it up.

The plane was FULL, so we think they just ran out of space.

Now we’re heading to get dinner.

It sounds like you will have a happy, if late, ending.  Once you get the bag, have a good night's rest.

Lenda 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, leerathje said:

Talk about timing.....Sailaway thread is up!  Hope all goes well tomorrow!

Leanne

11 hours ago, leerathje said:

Would love it if those Dailyites that are on the Volendam tomorrow could post on the sailaway thread if/where they will be on deck for wave, we'll try to catch you!!

Leanne

Thank you Leanne!  I’ll be at the Lido deck, Seaview pool area, port aft but I didn’t ask for a zoom either so just look there and I’ll wave. 

• Like 10