The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday April 14th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Animal news for the weekend:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A 1-year-old Australian shepherd took an epic trek across 150 miles (241 kilometers) of frozen Bering Sea ice that included being bitten by a seal or polar bear before he was safely returned to his home in Alaska.

https://apnews.com/article/alaska-dog-returned-bering-sea-ice-6f0fd32a87d17da49d2423eebefd680e

BERLIN (AP) — German officials seized cooked bats and nearly a ton of unrefrigerated fish after police stopped a van that had entered the country from Belgium, authorities said Wednesday.

https://apnews.com/article/germany-police-seize-bats-fish-190e8308f49ccdbfa6c288b4c9cf9aba

BERLIN (AP) — Firefighters say they have freed an “uncooperative” squirrel that was stuck in a manhole cover in western Germany — echoing a similar incident that happened in the same city four years ago.

https://apnews.com/article/germany-squirrel-rescue-manhole-dortmund-a2e58aaf5238a0fd0dd13512c051a72c

(Quite a few weird animal stories come from Germany. Maybe there's an editor at the AP in Berlin who likes them.)

YUBA CITY, Calif. (AP) — Meet Percy, the police rabbit. Yes, that’s fur real.

Some bunny — also known as Officer Ashley Carson — found a lost rabbit last year in the middle of Percy Avenue in Yuba City, California.

The Yuba City Police Department — about 40 hopping miles (64.37 kilometers) north of Sacramento — announced the rabbit’s promotion to the rank of “wellness officer” just days before Easter Sunday.

https://apnews.com/article/california-police-bunny-wellness-d9b3eabff43d82d60c38b022b37092a4

(In 2001, Fergus learned about police dogs and wanted to become a police cat. He was ready to sue the LAPD for species discrimination, and maybe also age discrimination, since he was already close to feline retirement age.)

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Roy and Lenda, thanks for the photos of Prince Rupert and the ferry. I had a friend who bicycled to Prince Rupert from Colorado,  in 1980, then he ferried to AK, touted AK and ferried and biked back!  I always wanted to take the ferry but I’m glad I got to drive to AK in 1984, a couple of lifetimes ago!  

@luvteaching thanks for the update, encouraging!  Safe drives for you, and hoping it won’t be for long. 🤞

@JazzyV, hoping for good healing for your knee. Then happy travels. Thanks for keeping track of all of us, we can be a pretty unwieldy herd!  

Blessings to all in need!  🙏
Cheers to all celebrating 🥂

🍀🍀🍀 much good luck to those making their way to FLL and Port Everglades… and your luggage 🫣

@ger_77 Gerry, please extend our warm regards to your Ukrainian family tomorrow!  And I hope you are doing better and better!  

I’m off to pick up friend for pool exercises. Her car was rear-ended… what a nuisance!  But she’s ok and will figure it out. 
Maureen

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

No ex-spouse here. I'll celebrate international moment of laughter and looking up at the sky. Cute quote. Pass on the meal (fish), maybe on the drink (in cold weather) and no to the wine. I like @rafinmd Roy's meal better.

I haven't been to Prince Rupert, Kaien Island.

Wow, it's 80F here already. No time to adjust slowly to the temperature. But it'll be cooler this weekend. So, I saw the Ortho guy. He called it "weird", and I told him I am the Queen of weird medical stuff. He's only seen something like it in 1 or 2 people post knee surgery (which I haven't had). The fluid was not coming from the injection site, but an inch or so below that. I'm to take antibiotics, try to keep my knee straight when walking (not  very doable), and keep a 4x4 gauze and ace wrap on it for now. So nothing to stop my travels, although my mobility may be an issue. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. I did a couple of errands after, and am just sitting down to my "morning" coffee.

While I was sitting in the waiting room of the doctor, my outdoor cameras kept notifying me of movement. I look, and sweet BFF is there cutting my grass! He couldn't finish because it was so tall and he ran out of battery power, but he got about 2/3 done. I was so touched by this gesture.

@StLouisCruisers As usual, thank you for starting our day. 

@TiogaCruiser Wow, this has turned into quite the adventure! I'm glad you made it to ORD with your luggage.

@richwmn Sorry you have to miss Le Havre.

@kazu Thanks for the memes. I'm trying to decide about putting my cacti out before I leave. Usually they go out the beginning of May, so it's close.

@cruising sister My condolences to you, your friend and her family. So sad. (((Hugs)))

@tupper10 Good to hear you're doing better and that good night's sleep is a bonus! 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Nice photos from Prince Rupert and your ferry experience.

@marshhawk I don't know how you do that job, when people are like that. 

@Lady Hudson Sadly new appliances don't last like the old ones. I had a 40 year old dryer at one point.

@smitty34877 This old house is toasty too. I wasn't sure I could sleep last night, although I do have a ceiling fan in the bedroom. I had central air installed, but didn't want to turn it on yet.

@ger_77 I hope you're feeling better. Thanks for the update on @Sharon in AZ. That's nice of the Ukrainian couple to invite you over for a meal. 

@rafinmd Nice photos.

@luvteaching I'm glad DH is settled at the rehab. I hope they can get him situated to come home. And great that he could participate in the reunion by Zoom.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Be well everyone.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

42 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

No time to read now. Just deplaned in ORD. AirTags we’re tracking along with our plane and said “with you”.

I hope you're on UA 1092 and there should be time for both you and bags to get to the gate on time.

Roy

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  It is now 72F, but with the the heavy cloud cover and the strong wind, it feels cooler.  I think I'll wait until tomorrow or Sunday to do more of the yard work.  I survived W-M and for once got almost everything on my list and only a couple of things not on the list.

4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!

@cruising sisterI am so sorry for this current heartbreak for you , and your best friend.

@JazzyVI hope all goes well at your appointment today.

@ger_77I hope you are feeling better, and the throat is not as painful today.

And to all who are heading out on a cruise, with the wacky weather-I just saw the most recent update on Ft. Lauderdale's rain.  The average rain amount for the month of April is 3 inches, not 20+ inches in 7 hours. The ground being porous sucked it up until it could not any more, so more rain on top of that has no where to go.  Stay safe!

th?id=OIP.ZYpu6FwNA7_lxRZ2Uj49TgHaLG&pid=Api&P=0

I am going to Prince Rupert, will be there on the18th of May.  My plan is to wander around the port area, where there is a garden, and then wander down to a coffee shop, and if I'm lucky, one of the food trucks will be open, and I can get a  plate of fish and chips.  I looked on line to research what restaurants were good, and McDonalds came in 8th.  The food trucks came in 2nd. I'm sure though that the country side and harbor scenes will feed my soul.

Arctic char is always at our farmers market, but while @dfishsays it is a flacky fish, in the display area it looks as hard as a rock.  DH has been curious, but now that I know the flavor?  I'm going to try it.  I hope it bakes well.  ex spouse # 2 supported my ability to fish, and trout is one of my favorite meals.  But I agree with @StLouisCruisers they are ex's for a reason.  I do check obituaries once in a while, ex #1 is now deceased.  The thing that these two had in common, was that they talked their new honey into signing my name to paperwork to obtain things that they wanted, #1 it was a new house on a lake in North Georgia, #2 forged checks all over town.  I  celebrate leaving them every day.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of being told what an idiot I was by a patron regarding my new campaign.  He was right, and it was something that i had pointed out to my boss earlier in the day. If you want me to ask for money, tell me what I am asking for, why is this a non profit, when all the information makes it sound like the patron pays for private concierge services.  The boss did send me something, and I did tell the man what we did, "why didn't i start out with that information"  "you stink at this job"  any way this man babbled on for so long, for all his hatred towards telemarketers, all begging at the same time.....I get it.  It's true, when telemarketers cant sell subscriptions, we ask for money.  Any way he wanted a name and number of who he could contact to be able to sell his advertising marketing items to, and I got a number, and called him back.  1-he was amazed that i actually called him back with information, 2- i gave him an idea on how to sell to the Lincoln Center, and 3-I can call him back before the cut off date and ask again for a donation.  But after 2o minutes of this man berating me, i was wiped out. Even though we both ended up with a resolution.

I was supposed to go to a noon concert today, but am opting out for lunch out, walk dog, and chill out until I work again this evening.  I noticed that The Birds was on Netflix, and as I have been thinking about this movie for a while, I watched it again.  It had been years, and I think I never really saw the ending, so when it was over, I looked at DH and said, well that was a waste of time.....glad I didn't buy it for my Hitchcock collection.  I think that he made the film because he had something for Tippi Hedron, and she was beautiful, but I liked her better in Marnie.

Have a great day all!

Annie, you have a lot more patience that I do.  I also would not last long in your job.  I'm glad you could help the patron.

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. As @aliaschief, Bruce stated , I am grateful for my ex husband in that we had an incredible son. I refuse to honor him and had experiences similar to Annie @marshhawk.I was alone and all of 21 with DS and there was no assistance at all. However, I met my precious DH several years later and we blended our families. Somehow things always work out for the best, right? 
I hope all the Ft Lauderdale travelers are able to get to their cruises. 
We are sweltering. It has been in the high eighties for three days now and the old house is toasty! DSIL is putting in the two air conditioners that usually manage to keep things comfortable in a little while. We worry about Tana too as the oxygen machine keeps things warm as well.Help is on the way.

All the best to all of you.

Terry

Terry, the weather this year is crazier than it has been in the past few years.  I hope the a/c units will help, and will help Tana keep more comfortable.

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We don't speak about she-who-shall-remain-unnamed without usually adding in a bad word that would end up having to make a contribution to the swear jar.  We both tend to laugh every day, most times it's unintentional; I'll try to think of something to make DH laugh today.  We love looking up at our sky because most of the time it's a clear, brilliant blue, except when there's a celestial event happening, then it's usually cloudy.  Go figure.   I like today's quote.

@cruising sisterI can't begin to imagine how you feel, but please know I reach out to you in prayer for comfort.

@marshhawk you have the patience of a saint!  I'd last about 30 minutes in your job.

NOTE:  I just heard from @Sharon in AZ who has landed in Miami.  She's had great service from the HAL reps and was met at the luggage carousel by the driver who took her luggage straight into his car.  She's now on her way to the hotel for some much needed sleep.

We had a busy day yesterday, but didn't accomplish everything we wanted.  The deck still hasn't been touched, but I did get a week's worth of laundry done and put away all in one day, so that was newsworthy!  LOL  While we were our getting groceries I had a message from our young Ukrainian couple who have invited us over for a traditional Ukrainian meal on Saturday.  We are pleased to have been invited, and do look forward to getting together to see how they've progressed while we were away.

Friends are coming over for coffee this afternoon, so I think I'll put a brownie in the oven to have something to serve.  We haven't seen this couple for almost a month, so there will be lots of catching up to do.  I'm sure the visit will go late, so because it's Friday and nobody wants to cook, we'll check the online sites to see what kind of pizza everyone wants.  It's looking like it'll be friendship and pizza around the dinner table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, thank you for telling us that @Sharon in AZ  Sharon made it safely to Miami, and that the HAL reps were there to meet her and get her on her way to the hotel.  How nice of the Ukrainian couple to invite you to dinner.  I hope your throat is feeling better.

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

@cruising sister my condolences as well on the loss of your son's friend.  How sad.

For those on the Zuiderdam I have a suggestion if you don't have plans for the port.  Close to the port is the Dover Castle

castle1.jpg

It has an interesting network of rooms and tunnels and served as an a communication and information center in World War II.  I don't think HAL stops there often but I have twice boarded the Crystal Symphony there,

Roy

Roy, I agree Dover Castle and the war tunnels are a good way to spend time in Dover.  Another choice is the local bus to Canterbury and seeing the town and the Cathedral.  We did the castle in the morning and Canterbury in the afternoon.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Lenda, interesting photos of your "cruise" on the ferry to Prince Rupert.  Amazing that some passengers slept in the lounge.

Sandi, I was going to mention people also sleeping in the solarium and in tents on the open decks, but @kochleffel  Paul beat me to it.  The ferries can carry more passengers than the available cabin space.  While it was three days from Haines to Prince Rupert, and another three days on to Bellingham, WA, when in Alaskan waters, the ferries stop at many of the coastal communities, so many passengers don't need a cabin.  Then, there are the passengers who either don't want to pay the additional daily fee for a cabin, so they sleep in public areas, along with those who booked too late to get a cabin.  It took us a couple of tries to find a ferry that had space for the motorhome and a cabin for us.  It was nice to have a bathroom with a shower in the cabin.  For those without cabins or who are in cabins without bathrooms, there are public restrooms and showers on all but one vessel, and I'm guessing it is the one that makes short runs between the smaller islands.

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

On the Alaska ferries, it's also allowed to sleep on loungers in the solarium, which is roofed but open-air, and to pitch tents on the open part of the top deck. This was on the Matanuska.

P8030051.thumb.JPG.0024f58650f2f094fb71ff3abe671ccb.JPG

Paul, thanks for giving Sandi @StLouisCruisers the information and sharing the picture of the tents.

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

As noted earlier I visited Prince Rupert twice, both times arriving by train and leaving by ferry.  The first was way back in 1995 when I arrived by train and departed  for Vancouver Island on BC Ferries former Queen of the North (sadly, ran aground and sank in 2006),  Absolutely no photos from that era.

The second time was part of an eclectic trip.  I arrived in Prince Rupert by train August 26, 2010 and left the next morning on the Matanuska (my first ever shipboard night in 1991) for Wranell the next morning.  After 1 night in Wrangel I boarded sister ferry Columbia for a night in Haines, and then on to Juneau on another sister Malaspina.  From Juneau I boarded Cruise West's Spirit of Columbia, their very last voyage before going belly up, ending in Seattle.  Very few photos from that trip:

Of course I HAD to include this

IMG_2539.thumb.JPG.951b8c47935635d74074418902106bdf.JPG

Prince Rupert from the Ferry Dock:

IMG_2540.thumb.JPG.f98aaad6db0fa0e442a79cc7d9ba0460.JPG

There is only one ferry dock so while we loaded, Northern Adventure, replacement for Queen of the North, hung out in the harbor:

IMG_2541.thumb.JPG.c89ac7fca810a0d6aa81cbb551082962.JPG

Not actually Prince Rupert but this lighthouse marks the point where we entered US waters:

IMG_2544.thumb.JPG.145230e32f8de789fc84610ae16c5874.JPG

Roy

Roy, I enjoyed your pictures of Prince Rupert and the area.  You had a lot better weather than we did.  We've also taken the Columbia from Haines to Skagway, and the highspeed ferry roundtrip from Skagway to Haines.  That time it was to pickup our mail that did not arrive before we left for Skagway by road.  Naturally, it came the next day.  In 1992, along with our DDs we took Tustemena from Homer to Kodiak and then back to Seward after spending one night in Kodiak.

2 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning, 

We have sun shining and blue sky at the moment so a nice start to the day. 

DH is settled in the new rehab facility. The drive down was just about an hour and the drive back about an hour and 15 minutes due to traffic and I left just after 4:00. Today I'm hoping to be out by 3:30. I'll leave here by 9:30 at the latest. The people I've met so far have been very nice and very caring. He's in a room with one other gentleman who is quite gregarious so that's good. We were able to do DH's 65th High School Reunion on Zoom yesterday using my phone and he enjoyed that. His lunch was good and he did OT and PT evaluations before I left. That tuckered him out. Currently (next few days) he'll get therapy almost daily. Then, when we have to go to private pay, it goes to 3-4 days a week which I'm going to ask questions about as that doesn't seem right. There's always something! 

Take care and have a lovely Friday everyone! 

Karen

Karen, I'm glad your DH is settled in the rehab facility and has a friendly roommate.  I don't know about the Medicare policy for OT and PT in an inpatient facility after the Medicare days are used, but for in home and outpatient OT and PT they paid for three times a week for DH.  It was good that your DH could join his 65th high school reunion on Zoom.

48 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Afternoon from a sunny and warm day at the beach

No ex's here-been married for 45 years. Funny this is look up at the sky day, as it is the start of the Air Show. It is actually Sat-Sun but they are practicing today. Simply amazing to watch!  

Been a very busy week. The painters are done and everything is put back. Looks great. The shelves in the garage are installed and DH is out there putting things away. 

We did  not get any of that rain that South and North of us received. Other than very high winds for 3 days, nothing. 

I went out this morning to do all my errands and get groceries. I am now in until Monday. Between the air show, a triathlon and all the cruise ships, traffic will be a nightmare! Best to stay put!

@cruising sister I am so sorry to hear about the death of your friends son. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

@luvteaching Glad that DH is settling in. Hopefully he will continue to improve and return home. Be careful with all that driving. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Charlene, your area during the air show sounds like Quartzsite during the three big events in January.  Fortunately, some of the main streets have been widened, so it is easier to get around.

14 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

No time to read now. Just deplaned in ORD. AirTags we’re tracking along with our plane and said “with you”.

Laura, that is good news you made it to ORD and that your air tags said the luggage is with you.  I hope the rest of the trip is less eventful.  You are certainly getting a tour of the country.

29 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Roy and Lenda, thanks for the photos of Prince Rupert and the ferry. I had a friend who bicycled to Prince Rupert from Colorado,  in 1980, then he ferried to AK, touted AK and ferried and biked back!  I always wanted to take the ferry but I’m glad I got to drive to AK in 1984, a couple of lifetimes ago!  

@luvteaching thanks for the update, encouraging!  Safe drives for you, and hoping it won’t be for long. 🤞

@JazzyV, hoping for good healing for your knee. Then happy travels. Thanks for keeping track of all of us, we can be a pretty unwieldy herd!  

Blessings to all in need!  🙏
Cheers to all celebrating 🥂

🍀🍀🍀 much good luck to those making their way to FLL and Port Everglades… and your luggage 🫣

@ger_77 Gerry, please extend our warm regards to your Ukrainian family tomorrow!  And I hope you are doing better and better!  

I’m off to pick up friend for pool exercises. Her car was rear-ended… what a nuisance!  But she’s ok and will figure it out. 
Maureen

Maureen, we've driven to Alaska seven times in our motorhome, and it never gets old.  The drive from Fort St. John to Tok is some of the prettiest scenery.  We first drove the Alaska Highway in 1992 for the 50th anniversary of the Alaska Highway.  Our last trip was in 2017, and they have really improved the road.  They've also made some of it easier too.

8 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

No ex-spouse here. I'll celebrate international moment of laughter and looking up at the sky. Cute quote. Pass on the meal (fish), maybe on the drink (in cold weather) and no to the wine. I like @rafinmd Roy's meal better.

I haven't been to Prince Rupert, Kaien Island.

Wow, it's 80F here already. No time to adjust slowly to the temperature. But it'll be cooler this weekend. So, I saw the Ortho guy. He called it "weird", and I told him I am the Queen of weird medical stuff. He's only seen something like it in 1 or 2 people post knee surgery (which I haven't had). The fluid was not coming from the injection site, but an inch or so below that. I'm to take antibiotics, try to keep my knee straight when walking (not  very doable), and keep a 4x4 gauze and ace wrap on it for now. So nothing to stop my travels, although my mobility may be an issue. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. I did a couple of errands after, and am just sitting down to my "morning" coffee.

While I was sitting in the waiting room of the doctor, my outdoor cameras kept notifying me of movement. I look, and sweet BFF is there cutting my grass! He couldn't finish because it was so tall and he ran out of battery power, but he got about 2/3 done. I was so touched by this gesture.

@StLouisCruisers As usual, thank you for starting our day. 

@TiogaCruiser Wow, this has turned into quite the adventure! I'm glad you made it to ORD with your luggage.

@richwmn Sorry you have to miss Le Havre.

@kazu Thanks for the memes. I'm trying to decide about putting my cacti out before I leave. Usually they go out the beginning of May, so it's close.

@cruising sister My condolences to you, your friend and her family. So sad. (((Hugs)))

@tupper10 Good to hear you're doing better and that good night's sleep is a bonus! 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Nice photos from Prince Rupert and your ferry experience.

@marshhawk I don't know how you do that job, when people are like that. 

@Lady Hudson Sadly new appliances don't last like the old ones. I had a 40 year old dryer at one point.

@smitty34877 This old house is toasty too. I wasn't sure I could sleep last night, although I do have a ceiling fan in the bedroom. I had central air installed, but didn't want to turn it on yet.

@ger_77 I hope you're feeling better. Thanks for the update on @Sharon in AZ. That's nice of the Ukrainian couple to invite you over for a meal. 

@rafinmd Nice photos.

@luvteaching I'm glad DH is settled at the rehab. I hope they can get him situated to come home. And great that he could participate in the reunion by Zoom.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Be well everyone.

Vanessa, it seems the problem with your knee is more annoying than very serious.  I hope the antibiotics help and it is not a big problem on your cruise and trip.  How nice of your BFF to mow your yard for you.  Last year, we bought an extra after market battery for our mower, so now I don't lose time waiting for a batter to recharge.  The battery was quite a bit less than the OEM battery and works as well.  We found it on Amazon.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I hope you're on UA 1092 and there should be time for both you and bags to get to the gate on time.

Roy

Roger that.

IMG_0059.thumb.jpeg.f3f9e98a2e1be8a318b615307d7e414b.jpeg

They have different last update times. But those are our tags.

And now:

IMG_0060.jpeg

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 20

So glad you made it alright to Chicago WITH the bags and your flight seems to be leaving on time.  Have a good night's sleep and a safe drive to Fort Lauderdale.  Will be watching the sailaway.  I hope some of you plan to wave at the camera and let us know where you are.

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So glad you made it alright to Chicago WITH the bags and your flight seems to be leaving on time.  Have a good night's sleep and a safe drive to Fort Lauderdale.  Will be watching the sailaway.  I hope some of you plan to wave at the camera and let us know where you are.

And now taxiing for takeoff.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aliaschief said:

@kazu As mentioned the two Chef’s dinner are $69.00 per person. Saw yesterday the David Burke was $89.00. Sarah the Pinnacle Grill Manager had no idea about the $100.00 dollar Chefs dinner with Dom Perignon. Probably being offered only on special 150 year Anniversary cruises?

thanks kindly, Bruce and thank you @Vict0riann for the clarification on he $100 dinner on the 150th.

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@marshhawk you have the patience of a saint!  I'd last about 30 minutes in your job.

I so agree with you.  I couldn’t do what @marshhawk does either 😱 

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

NOTE:  I just heard from @Sharon in AZ who has landed in Miami.  She's had great service from the HAL reps and was met at the luggage carousel by the driver who took her luggage straight into his car.  She's now on her way to the hotel for some much needed sleep.

Thank you SO much.  Great news, indeed!

I hope your throat/glands are improving 🤞 

4 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Málaga is a cruise port and is in my itinerary for the fall, so here is a relevant article:

"Were he to turn up in Málaga today, Picasso might be shocked to find a museum bearing his name — the Museo Picasso Málaga opened in 2003 and now draws nearly 700,000 visitors a year. Then again, given his reputation for having an outsize ego, maybe he wouldn’t be surprised at all by the museum, though he’d likely be charmed to find his childhood home, the square where he used to play, the church where he was baptized, as well as the art academy where his father taught — not to mention the city’s famous bullring, cathedral and other landmarks — pretty much just as he left them."

I wasn’t surprised to see the museum since it is Picasso’s birthplace.  If this is your first time to Malaga, it is worth a visit and not hard to find.  (Excellent signage) and easy walking distance.

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

YIPPEE 🙂.  Great news and safe travels for your last leg.

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Maureen

I’m glad your friend is ok.  How kind of you to help her with rides ♥️ 

3 hours ago, luvteaching said:

DH is settled in the new rehab facility. The drive down was just about an hour and the drive back about an hour and 15 minutes due to traffic and I left just after 4:00. Today I'm hoping to be out by 3:30. I'll leave here by 9:30 at the latest. The people I've met so far have been very nice and very caring. He's in a room with one other gentleman who is quite gregarious so that's good. We were able to do DH's 65th High School Reunion on Zoom yesterday using my phone and he enjoyed that. His lunch was good and he did OT and PT evaluations before I left. That tuckered him out.

Such good news that your DH has settled in.  It sounds like he has good people around and caring for him. 👍. I’m sorry about your drive though.  It makes the day long, for sure.

54 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

So, I saw the Ortho guy. He called it "weird", and I told him I am the Queen of weird medical stuff. He's only seen something like it in 1 or 2 people post knee surgery (which I haven't had). The fluid was not coming from the injection site, but an inch or so below that. I'm to take antibiotics, try to keep my knee straight when walking (not  very doable), and keep a 4x4 gauze and ace wrap on it for now. So nothing to stop my travels, although my mobility may be an issue.

I am really glad to hear that fluid is not going to get in the way of your cruise and that you have been given antibiotics.  I hope that the problem can be resolved quickly though 🙏🏻 You don’t need mobility issues 😔 

54 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I'm trying to decide about putting my cacti out before I leave. Usually they go out the beginning of May, so it's close.

I don’t know how cold it can get in your area.  If there’s any risk that the temperature can drop too low for your cacti, I’d keep them in the house until you return.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I'm also happy to hear Vanessa @JazzyV that it isn't too serious a problem though a perplexing one.  The antibiotics should take effect quickly and you should be good to go!  Time to get packing!  And your BFF sounds like a real winner helping you with the mowing.  Hope there is someone there to cut the grass while you're away having a fabulous time!

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

For once I remembered to charge the batteries before I started mowing. I had chosen my starting time according to the weather forecast, but didn't allow for the bright sun, so it was a bit warmer than I really wanted. I also need to charge the trimmer, the hedge clipper, and the reciprocating saw but I'm not entirely sure where their batteries and chargers are. And the drill, but that's for an indoor project.

While I was mowing, I discovered that a package had been delivered--I don't know when--to the back door. Neither door of my house faces the street, but I think it's obvious that the paved walk with a light post leads to the front door. Apparently not, as this has happened before.

• Like 14

Thanks for the good wishes! We arrived in FLL about 45 minutes later than scheduled, and that was due to the plane being late to Toronto. Bags arrived, cabbed to the hotel, and just about ready to muster up some energy to go out and get something to eat. After little sleep last night, I’m hoping for it to be better tonight. I booked a shuttle to port tomorrow, and am ready for this ship to sail! 
Prayers for those who need them, and blessings to all! 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, Dismomx5 said:

Thanks for the good wishes! We arrived in FLL about 45 minutes later than scheduled, and that was due to the plane being late to Toronto. Bags arrived, cabbed to the hotel, and just about ready to muster up some energy to go out and get something to eat. After little sleep last night, I’m hoping for it to be better tonight. I booked a shuttle to port tomorrow, and am ready for this ship to sail! 

Yay!  One more safely there.  Let us know if you have requested a wave from PTZ and/or where you will be at sailaway.  

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad you arrived safely along with your bags.  Hope you sleep better tonight, and have a great cruise.

Lenda

• Like 11

What is wrong with people! At the shopping plaza near me, where I grocery shop, 2 cars ran the length of the plaza shooting at each other around 3PM, hitting several parked cars and a few storefronts. I was going to stop there after I picked up my antibiotics, but decided to just come straight home. Fortunately no one was injured, but people in the stores were shaken up.

I'm glad to hear of our Dailyites making it to Ft. Lauderdale!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 9

12 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

What is wrong with people! At the shopping plaza near me, where I grocery shop, 2 cars ran the length of the plaza shooting at each other around 3PM, hitting several parked cars and a few storefronts. I was going to stop there after I picked up my antibiotics, but decided to just come straight home. Fortunately no one was injured, but people in the stores were shaken up.

Could it be gangs?  Long before gangs became so prevalent in America I was on a jury where gang members were shooting across an intersection at each other, and struck a 19 year old college student in her parent's backseat as they drove through the intersection.  Her roommate was next to her and was missed but the first young woman died.  Such a tragedy.  I'm glad no one was hurt in your area but I can't blame people for being shaken.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Vanessa, I wish I had an answer, but some people are just crazy.  I'm glad no one was hurt for a change, and that you decided to just go home.

Lenda

• Like 11

Great news that @TiogaCruiser is in Ft Meyers, and that @Dismomx5 is in FLL.  What a relief that they're at their destinations for tonight; hopefully they'll be able to rest easy tonight and awake energized, ready to board tomorrow.  I do hope they'll let us know where they'll be so we can see them on the webcam at sail-away!

• Like 12