Playmaker's Bar Question

I am sure you will be able to get the sports that you want. I was on the Oasis last MArch during the NCAA BB tourney and they had all of the games on the various TV's. We were sitting outside having drinks one night and the closest TV didn't have the game we desired on and upon asking the wait staff there we were able to get it switched to our desired game. 

31 minutes ago, mrsd2fan said:

What sports do they normally show on the TVs? We were hoping to catch the NHL Playoffs (Go Leafs  Go!) Thank you

We enjoyed the NFL playoffs and the Super Bowl in Playmakers! We also saw soccer and NHL on some of the TV's, so you should be fine! Enjoy! The wings and tower of onion rings are a great price and delicious! Cheers!

As mentioned, you will likely be able to watch the NHL playoffs.

I'll throw in a recommendation for the burgers that come with garlic parm fires. Also a big fan of their Goalpost Margarita (jalapeno & pineapple) if you like spicy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nyguyrw said:

NCAA tournament is on tbs and tnt so they can get those channels, unless the subscrib to international feeds which I would expect then still to have nhl playoffs

NCAA tournament is syndicated on the ESPN Caribbean networks which the ships get.

I use a VPN and a laptop to watch CBC Hockey on Saturday nights.  Otherwise hockey is difficult to find on US TV without cable channels or regional sports networks on cable.   I've seen more hockey on ships compared to regular US TV channels.  ESPN+ jacked up rates 40% this year so I dumped them.

Edited by twangster

14 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

I think it depends on what channel the games are on.  I doubt they are getting TBS and TNT on the ship.  ABC and ESPN are more likely.  

Most Royal ships have ESPN, ESPN International & Sport 24. You can check the schedules by going on line.

1 hour ago, OldSeaDog1969 said:

Most Royal ships have ESPN, ESPN International & Sport 24. You can check the schedules by going on line.

They have added additional channels/packages for Playmakers. There's more there than what we have experienced on cabin tv over the years.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

They have added additional channels/packages for Playmakers. There's more there than what we have experienced on cabin tv over the years.

Yeah if a ship has Playmakers they usually have multiple ESPN channels which sometimes includes the College games specifically plus sometimes 2 Channel 24 channels. With no Playmakers some ships have less options.

• Like 1

So I dropped into Playmakers and ordered a gold post margarita. I’m not gonna lie, I’m not sure I’m going to like this one but I’ll try it. 

i didn’t realize they have an owners box you can reserve. It is $100 and is good for one game with 10 person capacity. It includes 2 pitchers of beer and 2 appetizers. If you are a big sports fan and your game will be on during your cruise seems like a great deal. The box has two large screen tvs in it.

D918041D-166C-49A4-9A73-CB9B1754B65A.jpeg

77D8B6E4-6156-4469-A59F-1596DF5A4E60.jpeg

1198C289-280B-4B31-84C5-59345BAEC770.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, sabrefan15 said:

So I dropped into Playmakers and ordered a gold post margarita. I’m not gonna lie, I’m not sure I’m going to like this one but I’ll try it. 

i didn’t realize they have an owners box you can reserve. It is $100 and is good for one game with 10 person capacity. It includes 2 pitchers of beer and 2 appetizers. If you are a big sports fan and your game will be on during your cruise seems like a great deal. The box has two large screen tvs in it.

D918041D-166C-49A4-9A73-CB9B1754B65A.jpeg

77D8B6E4-6156-4469-A59F-1596DF5A4E60.jpeg

1198C289-280B-4B31-84C5-59345BAEC770.jpeg

This from another post.

1 hour ago, sabrefan15 said:

Yes, we did rent that "private sports fans" place at Playmakers for the NFL playoffs, and had a blast! The bar got so crowded, so we were ecstatic to have our own private viewing area with a huge TV screen! There were 10 of us and we all had Dx beverage packages, so, instead of the pitchers of beer, they swapped it out for more appetizers!! OMG! Lots of food and no one went away hungry! Since no one had that space rented out for the following game, they even let us all stay in there for that one at no extra charge! This was on the Wonder of the Seas! Fabulous crew and friendly Playmakers' staff! If this is for you, be sure to rent it as soon as you board the ship! Happy cruising and cheers!