Where & When Was Your Best Cruise

mcrcruiser

We can honestly say that our best cruise was to Hawaii before covid on Koningsdan  . 2nd Best was 2 weeks in Alaska ,one week cruise & one week land which we did on our own with a rented car .There is nothing like the USA  . 

The last cruise of the Prinsendam.  We went up to Norway and the Arctic Circle.  Nothing like watching whales at 2AM in the morning from the Crow's Nest. Many of the older captains were also on the cruise with us so we got some great lectures about Holland America's history.  

5 hours ago, JeffElizabeth said:

The last cruise of the Prinsendam.  We went up to Norway and the Arctic Circle.  Nothing like watching whales at 2AM in the morning from the Crow's Nest. Many of the older captains were also on the cruise with us so we got some great lectures about Holland America's history.  

That is a incredible cruise . From what I  have read here people would really like that ship back in the fleet 

We've loved every one of our cruises, starting with a Princess cruise/tour to Alaska in 2003 and including several great ones on HAL. Our all-time favorite, though, was on Viking, starting in Bergen and following the coast of Norway northward above the Arctic Circle, then across to the Shetland and Orkney islands before terminating in London. Next up: return to Alaska on HAL this summer!

For me it was the Rotterdam inaugural cruise, Amsterdam to Fort Lauderdale. And it wasn’t because of the itinerary. It was because about six months before the cruise we started Zooming on a weekly basis. This eventually whittled down to a core group of about 25 people. So, when we finally got to the ship it was like having a reunion of old friends. We’d do things together. Not the entire group but we’d always have little groups going to this or that on board. Then, last October a bunch of us were on the Rotterdam again for the 150th cruise. Many of us still Zoom once a month just to keep in touch.

Mediterranean on Koningsdam 2018.  First time in Tuscany and we went to a vineyard.  The views were spectacular and I wept with joy.  We’ve done 40+ cruises on many different lines, but this one stays in my heart.