Live from Millennium Panama Canal East-to-West April 21 - May 6, 2023

DaKahuna

Dinner tonight in Luminae was as delicious as always.

Our Amuse Buche was the best one so far — watermelon and goat cheese with pesto.

IMG_8954.thumb.jpeg.a806c4618ace57c2c500a15b1bb299e4.jpeg

I did not get a picture of our appetizers but DW had the tuna tartare and I hade the pear and  raddicchio  salad 

For her main my DW had the roasted pork tenderloin 

IMG_8956.thumb.jpeg.9b9f55d07b54543e4cde8f2660772c3d.jpeg

and I went with the Tarragon-Balsamic Glazed Poussin (yes game hen) 

IMG_8955.thumb.jpeg.5fd4a249d8abacce26a6ce7d94c42475.jpeg

for our desserts my wife selected the Lemon Chiboust

IMG_8957.thumb.jpeg.c9bc9e1158510e069dea5d3d55e524e4.jpeg

while I had the chocolate sphere

IMG_8960.thumb.jpeg.2ce4a2b1a98e9bdecc569db607ec2fc8.jpeg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I think there was a recent thread where people overall agreed that photographers should not be in the restaurants anymore. It disturbs the environment and pictures with half finished plates look just ghastly.

Photo packages are pretty expensive. I’d love to have some destination pictures not chewed up veal loin. 

With the reconfiguration of the MDR, it's hard enough to move around those tables for 6 they call 3 tables for two. Adding photographers to the mix trying to get the shot of a single couple does not reinforce any success.

• Like 2

Good morning and thank you for the numerous canal photos yesterday.  I presume you enjoyed it?

BTW, if it is not too much trouble, could you please take a photo of the Celebrity Today that was distributed last night?

38 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Good morning and thank you for the numerous canal photos yesterday.  I presume you enjoyed it?

BTW, if it is not too much trouble, could you please take a photo of the Celebrity Today that was distributed last night?

we thoroughly enjoyed yesterday.  We found one of the most comfortable places to watch was on the TV in the room and our balcony 🙂

IMG_8966.thumb.jpeg.ecb95039e0e5d07f095c6d80a3391fe6.jpeg

IMG_8967.thumb.jpeg.33d97711a80e0f787c9f63dd66699897.jpeg

IMG_8969.thumb.jpeg.7ec3a93d881b9544724e696a866ecddc.jpeg

IMG_8969.thumb.jpeg.7ec3a93d881b9544724e696a866ecddc.jpeg

I assume you do not want the advertisement insert. 

IMG_8968.jpeg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I do not have a sophisticated palette but found it interesting that one of my favorite wines, Pinot Noir, goes great with just about anything.  

I liked the Primivito I had in Lumina and again last night in Tuscan.  There are two others onboard and I am determined to try both before we disembark.  Should be easy to do.

We’ve seen a photographer in Luminae, twice, and in Tuscan.  

There were a couple of stations set up on the first Evening Chic night iirc.  It has not been like before when they were everywhere though.

We were on the Beyond for 2 weeks doing a B2B. We never seen a photographer in Luminae, embarkation, or on the piers when in a port, and I don’t remember seeing any photo stations set up.   The ship was at capacity along with over 300 kids.   We didn’t go out of the way looking for them either,

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

No, I don't think all of us were screaming kids at one point.  Some of us were raised properly and taught how to behave in public.

And my dad would always say if we don’t stoping screaming or crying he would give us something to scream and cry about. 😢 and more when we got home. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, miched said:

And my dad would always say if we don’t stoping screaming or crying he would give us something to scream and cry about. 😢 and more when we got home. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸

I heard that multiple times as well.  It also applied to crying .  I even believe I used the same threat / warning with my own kids.

• Haha 2

I finally broke down and am using a few of my streaming minutes to contribute to the thread. The basic didn't even allow me to reply to any of the comments. I am not a professional you tuber so I don't care about views. This is just a time lapse of part of our trip yesterday...

Leading up to the locks at Pedro Miguel

Pedro Miguel and Mira Flores locks

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I think there was a recent thread where people overall agreed that photographers should not be in the restaurants anymore. It disturbs the environment and pictures with half finished plates look just ghastly.

Photo packages are pretty expensive. I’d love to have some destination pictures not chewed up veal loin. 

we have been  generally happy with the photograhy on E Class ships We bought a few small albums..

Disappointed on Beyond b/c at the end, the  packages were cancelled.  We bought a few nice shots and a portfolio frame  so it worked out okay.

we never leave with just a link..always get out prints to go!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Well, we were ALL screaming kids at one point, right? 😀

not really.. and many of us do not want to cruise with them! 

Most kids on Celebrity are  properly dressed, well behaved,  and supervised by  their parents.  They seem to enjoy cruising with class!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

I finally broke down and am using a few of my streaming minutes to contribute to the thread. The basic didn't even allow me to reply to any of the comments. I am not a professional you tuber so I don't care about views. This is just a time lapse of part of our trip yesterday...

Sorry that you have not been able to use the Basic WiFi.  It would be interesting to see what type of speeds you have been getting vs the ones I posted. 

Thank you for uploading and linking those time lapse video’s.  The were wonderful.  

25 minutes ago, hcat said:

we have been  generally happy with the photograhy on E Class ships We bought a few small albums..

Disappointed on Beyond b/c at the end, the  packages were cancelled.  We bought a few nice shots and a portfolio frame  so it worked out okay.

we never leave with just a link..always get out prints to go!

Prints aren't included for Amethyst only digital BUT you can download all pictures while on board.

1 hour ago, RTShaker said:

Very cool time lapse videos. Thank you so much for sharing.

16 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Prints aren't included for Amethyst only digital BUT you can download all pictures while on board.

that's not a plan we are familiar with

what does that cost?

24 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Sorry that you have not been able to use the Basic WiFi.  It would be interesting to see what type of speeds you have been getting vs the ones I posted. 

Thank you for uploading and linking those time lapse video’s.  The were wonderful.  

I think my cabin location is the culprit when it comes to the bad wifi speeds. I ended up using my cellphone and roaming provider for the last few days.

I finally caught up on your review!  I am enjoying your review and pictures.We did the full transit on the Infinity in 2018 and loved it and it is still one of our favorites.

We are in Puerto Vallarta now and the weather has been 85 and sunny for a few weeks now 🙂

Edited by sdnich

2 hours ago, hcat said:

not really.. and many of us do not want to cruise with them! 

Most kids on Celebrity are  properly dressed, well behaved,  and supervised by  their parents.  They seem to enjoy cruising with class!

Reminds me of the guy that was screaming at a baby for crying on a recent flight (HE was the real baby).  Babies cry, kids scream sometimes.  We ALL did when we were kids.  Remember, those screaming and unruly kids will be changing our diapers one day. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1