Entertainment on the Summit

OCVTSGIRL

Sailing on the Summit in May.  Has anyone sailed that ship recently and can you tell me what the theater show was?  Also, how is the band on board?  We usually sail RCCL and this will be our first Celebrity cruise.  How is the other entertainment?

We are boarding on Saturday but we rarely go to the production shows.  The others entertainers change frequently so the comedian, magician, vocalist/group could be different.  I will try and post what production shows are currently there.  When in May do you board?

• Like 2

BTB starting tomorrow.   Will let you know when we get back, as wife will surely have me attend all shows etc. We move around during the day, so should see and hear, any daytime music.    ...

Edited by Hawkstar33
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawkstar33 said:

BTB starting tomorrow.   Will let you know when we get back, as wife will surely have me attend all shows etc. We move around during the day, so should see and hear, any daytime music.    ...

We are also B2B starting tomorrow.  The dailies are now in the app so you can see who the entertainers are.

Edited by jelayne
Typo
  • Like 2

It’s unfortunate that many of us X regulars stop going to shows because generally speaking, they’re the same shows fleet-wide.  You get one night of a comedian, one night of magician and the rest are musicals…The production shows have some dancing or props and the guest entertainers are concert style.  I’ve been on a 12 night sailing last spring where there was no comedian at all, the magician did two nights of shows and the rest were musicals

Additionally they have live music all over the ship but they tend to play the music, even rock, in a light and soft style.  I do see more and more in the evening in the atrium that they’re using a DJ more often than a live band as was the case recently on the Millie and Solstice.  All and all, if you like shows, X doesn’t have the best nor the most 

25 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It’s unfortunate that many of us X regulars stop going to shows because generally speaking, they’re the same shows fleet-wide.  You get one night of a comedian, one night of magician and the rest are musicals…The production shows have some dancing or props and the guest entertainers are concert style.  I’ve been on a 12 night sailing last spring where there was no comedian at all, the magician did two nights of shows and the rest were musicals

Additionally they have live music all over the ship but they tend to play the music, even rock, in a light and soft style.  I do see more and more in the evening in the atrium that they’re using a DJ more often than a live band as was the case recently on the Millie and Solstice.  All and all, if you like shows, X doesn’t have the best nor the most 

Have you seen the shows on the E class ships?  We rarely go to any of the shows ( production, comedy, vocalist, etc) but the shows on the E class ships were excellent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Have you seen the shows on the E class ships?  We rarely go to any of the shows ( production, comedy, vocalist, etc) but the shows on the E class ships were excellent.

Valid; we were on the 5th Edge sailing since the restart (last sailing before they mandated Covid testing but had bubble tours) and recall the shows were a bit better 

20 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I agree the shows on Apex were better. E class is where Celebrity is putting their time, money, and attention. Unfortunately though the theater was too small for the crowds. On many nights there were no available seats and people standing at the rear of the theater, two to three rows deep. Made it severely difficult for our traveling partner in a scooter to get around or find a place to park.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jelayne said:

We are boarding on Saturday but we rarely go to the production shows.  The others entertainers change frequently so the comedian, magician, vocalist/group could be different.  I will try and post what production shows are currently there.  When in May do you board?

May 15th.

On 4/21/2023 at 5:19 PM, phoenix_dream said:

I agree the shows on Apex were better. E class is where Celebrity is putting their time, money, and attention. Unfortunately though the theater was too small for the crowds. On many nights there were no available seats and people standing at the rear of the theater, two to three rows deep. Made it severely difficult for our traveling partner in a scooter to get around or find a place to park.

I was never that impressed in the past with celebrity shows , but on beyond 6 months ago there show was amazing as good as any rccl or any other cruise line , many shows we’re standing room only.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

And (sadly) these shows have been running on the Summit for over 8 years now.  Time to swap a new one or two in.

Yes but Broadway  Cabaret is different every time. Different cast, different songs etc I always enjoy it !  
I also enjoyed brand new shows on the Edge Class ships.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have found the entertainment much like the buffet , somethings we enjoy more than others.

With that said , on a 4 night Summit Cruise in late April of 2023, There was a lady who sang the hits of some of the All Time Great female artists, her name was Gen Maldonado.

We thoroughly enjoyed her performance.

Hope you have a great cruise 🛳️

• Like 1