Boardwalk Cafe

babs135

All of our voyages on the QM2 have been in the winter which means that the Cafe on deck 12 has never been open. However, we are sailing to the Mediterranean in July so what are the chances of it being open?  I understand that it serves fast food but I've also read that there is no seating. If the latter is correct am I expected to eat my burger standing up; seems rather odd to me.  Or maybe there's seating elsewhere on the deck?

I've also seen the Boardwalk open during TAs on nice summer days .  It was closed (as would be expected) during our recent November voyage to Norway.  Wooden tables with umbrellas and chairs are set up on the Deck 12 area forward of the cafe.  You go through the cafe, get a tray with your food and drink, and take it outside to the tables.  It requires both warm temperatures and a relatively calm wind, as the seating area is more exposed on QM2 Deck 12 compared to the outdoor Lido grill on QV/QE's Deck 9 aft.

image.png.902f618c3fc1a679a3752c8fa0a9ad4b.png

• Like 1

Sorry, I don't have a better picture of the Boardwalk Cafe table setup. You can find better images elsewhere online using a google image search for QM2 Boardwalk Cafe. But I can offer this photo showing some of the deck area where the tables are set up when the Boardwalk Cafe is in use. This shot was taken with my back near the Boardwalk Cafe entrance. This does show some of the tables used for the Boardwalk Cafe stacked up in their stowed position when not in use.

QM2Deck12.thumb.jpg.93bd217c70b1e0beb6e672850a841947.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks everyone who replied.  We did manage to sit out on deck on our Queen Victoria cruise in December to the Canary Islands which was a pleasant surprise so fingers crossed for the same experience in July on the QM2.

• Like 1

In about a dozen or so crossings, it's probably only been open on 6 or 7 days in total,

Even on warm and sunny days, there is always a breeze. I only ate there once on a TA.

The Lido Grill is probably better as it's more sheltered. Same food.

We're doing the round trip in August so if its open I'll let you know.

The Boardwalk Cafe was open yesterday on QM2. The umbrellas were closed due to the wind, but usually they are open. You can get hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, salad, and fries - as well as soft serve ice cream. It's a great place for lunch on sunny days, and I am sure it will be open in the Med if the weather is good.

Boardwalk Cafe.jpg

• Like 8