Has anyone ever stayed on deck 5 under The Manor on the Scarlet Lady?

Jezo

Only one room left in the price category and it's directly under The Manor on deck 5.  The Manor is quite the party place going to 2 or 4am so wondering how bad the noise is down there staying under it.  I have read some bad stories of people staying above it so now wanted to know if it's just as bad staying under it.

8 hours ago, Back to school said:

Lots of bookings for me, but only one booking I4 Social Insider.  I am assuming a noisy cabin but I’d like of late night Manor!  

I would avoid it. The Manor gets SO loud it’s unbearable even with 30db earplugs. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Any updates from folks who have actually stayed in this cabin category in the recent year on any of the ships? Is the the noise level truly unbearable? Any tips or recommendations for this area? 

Thanks 

I don't have that personal experience but I do advise all my friends to avoid staying under or above The Manor. It's the bass that comes through the below and above cabins. How bad it will be depends on the ship construction, but it's nearly unavoidable.

We just came off Icon of the Seas and while sitting in Surfside my chair was vibrating so bad I was almost sliding across the floor. It was the bass from the Absolute Zero ice rink below us while they were rehearsing. That's an extreme example and that show is LOUD, but it's near impossible to prevent bass from going up or down from the venue. 

• Like 3

A good rule, as Cine said, is to put yourself in a little box with guest cabins above, below, and on each side of you (unless you have a totally amazing balcony on one side). And if you can arrange a guest cabin across the hall, that can help as well.  It doesn't guarantee quiet--in 50+ cruises, we had 2 episodes of horribly noise neighbors, but that can't be predicted.  THe goal is to put space between yourself and any ship operating or entertainment noises.  On Virgin, THe Manor would probably be the worst.  Leave the potential noisy places to people who do gty cabins or who don't know better and take what they are assigned.

On my first Scarlet cruise my cabin was on deck 14 directly under the weight room. I read posts about that area being very noisy with weights being dropped on the floor at 6 AM. I decided to keep the room any way and see. Although I did hear one klunk one morning, that was it. The potentially bigger problem was the bass from the DJ at the deck parties. I can see it being a problem if you retire early and sleep lightly. I'm an iPhone surfer at night and stay up to about 3 AM before I doze. Deck parties wound down at midnight, so for me it was fine. I imagine The Manor would be pretty bassy and foot clumpy and go on much longer, so I'd probably avoid that if possible ....but a day of cruising beats a day at work...so if that were my only choice available I'd take it in a heartbeat 🙂

• Like 1

Hi - yes, we are seasoned travelers and understand the importance of cabin selection.  However, hearing from those who have actually stayed in this location makes a difference in assessing and preparing ourselves. It may be horrible or it may be perfectly ok.

Though cabins may be located in an "undesirable " location, does not always equate to a "bad" cabin in reality. You hear this often from those who choose a "guaranteed cabin". They anticipate noise and they report back it was quiet and or minimal issues.

Thanks again for feedback. 

On 1/27/2024 at 4:32 PM, cantgetin said:

A good rule, as Cine said, is to put yourself in a little box with guest cabins above, below, and on each side of you (unless you have a totally amazing balcony on one side). And if you can arrange a guest cabin across the hall, that can help as well.  

On this, a friend on VV also had a different experience as well. There is a structural beam through a section now and again that works like a tuning fork. So base or loud music was amplified up through the side of the cabin they were in towards the front of the deck. They were in deck 9 around cabin 350.

I am booked on a sold out sailing and was “forced” to take the last available cabin 8294A which is in line with the elevator, right above The Groupie and dangerously close to the Manor 😱.   This is also a limited view sea terrace so not ideal to say the least.   A few cabins have opened up recently (very few) but they are THOUSANDS of dollars more expensive.  We are committed to going and are excited about it, but has anyone had experience with cabins above the karaoke space?  How far does the Manor noise travel?  I’ve tried scouring the internets for info but have found very little.  

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 2:57 PM, chefchick said:

I am booked on a sold out sailing and was “forced” to take the last available cabin 8294A which is in line with the elevator, right above The Groupie and dangerously close to the Manor 😱.   This is also a limited view sea terrace so not ideal to say the least.   A few cabins have opened up recently (very few) but they are THOUSANDS of dollars more expensive.  We are committed to going and are excited about it, but has anyone had experience with cabins above the karaoke space?  How far does the Manor noise travel?  I’ve tried scouring the internets for info but have found very little.  

You should put in for an upgrade bid.  Usually the minimum bids from Limited to standard or Central are not too bad.  There are always no shows and cancellations that might allow your upgrade to go through. 

On 2/3/2024 at 3:29 AM, gsutiger2 said:

I'm sure there are some who would give it a go for free.

👋 Me me....I'll even write a review and provide a photo of myself wearing a red cape on scarlet night.

• Haha 1