Seattle Flight

CPL1979

We are sailing on the Encore 8/20/23-8/27/23 and I'm thinking I booked the wrong flight.  I have recently heard about Seattle traffic & Sea Tac airport being a disaster but we're debarking on a Sunday so maybe that will help.  I have a flight at noon and I'm staying Haven so I can carry off bags off right at debarkation.  Does anybody know if that's enough time to make the flight?  NCL schedule says arrival at Seattle @ 6am.  Also I was planning to take Seattle Express but I'll have to wait for bus to fill so now I'm thinking Uber or car service.  We'll have four people, six suitcases & a wheelchair, does anybody have recommendations on the travel and any companies we should look at?

Thanks in advance.

If you have TSA Precheck and Clear if you use Checkpoint 1 you will be through in less than 5 minutes. If ship ship isn't late to port you should be able to get to the airport at least by 9am. 

Edited by fastpitchdad

SeaTac could be a nightmare.  Besides The Encore, The Discovery Princess and HAL Westerdam will also be disembarking.  August 27th is also the weekend before Labor Day.

Depending on your airline, you might qualify for the Port of Seattle's Port Valet Program.  With this, you recieve special luggage tags AND your flight boarding the day before arriving back into Seattle.  You put your luggage out the night before as always.  It is gathered, send directly to your airline at SeaTac and pick it up at your destination.  It is a free program offered by the Port of Seattle not Norwegian.  You can get more information from the ship's Guest Services Desk once you are on board.  You go from the ship directly through Security at the airport to your gate.  If you qualify, it saves you time and hassles.

Have a great curise.

@CPL1979, as you mentioned Seattle Shuttle, have you been able to contact them and get a response? We used them in 2021 and they were great, so I wanted to book them from SEA-TAC for our cruise next month, but I've tried to contact them via phone messages, email and their website but without success. We're now looking at Premier Airport Shuttle instead. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good shuttle service from SEA-TAC? (Or should I finally break down and try uber?) Also, I can vouch for how great Port Valet is!

Edited by NikiPinkston

I live south of Seattle and have only cruised from there once, but have flown out of Seatac many times. Rule of thumb for Seatac is to arrive at the airport at least two hours before your flight. TSA Precheck, Clear, or other services are absolutely worth paying for, especially with multiple people in your party. Security at Seatac is always long and it's a big airport, so you'll want plenty of time to ride the trams/walk to your gate. If you book an Uber or taxi, it can easily be $75 or more since the airport is about half an hour south of the cruise terminal. Debark asap, hop into a vehicle, and you ought to be fine!

• Like 1

TSA Pre-Ck - Global Explorer - CLEAR and any airline perks/upgrades First/Business class

will certainly help get you by the TSA security gauntlet mess.

But do give these the time to work - you still must pass GO (security) to get to your gate/flight.

LOOK for the signs - ask for help for the most direct clearance point/lane - - -

Realize after security that some departure gates may require an underground tram ride to

a satellite. where your flight awaits -

The B-I-G airlines operating at SEA-TAC have more than several gates -

it is not a walk in the park !

Flights departing after Noon doesn't make a difference what mode of transportation is used

from the cruise ship dock to the airport - relax go with the flow - - -

BUT the flights departing before Noon - -OR- time critical before 11am need everything

going your way -

Don't wait for a motor coach bus load to load and leave for the airport at a leisure pace.

Take a smaller shuttle bus if offered -

BEST - a cab/taxi Uber/Lyft speedy jitney/Limo and be on your way !

Don't forget to factor in weather and flight delays working maybe in your favor - OR NOT !

NCL Pier 66 is a short distance ride to SEA-TAC but a congested starting point -

Knowing as much about the trek from dock to airport maybe helpful.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it was very helpful!  Since we can get off the ship first we've decided to get a car service so they are there waiting for us.  That plus having pre check we should be ok.

17 minutes ago, CPL1979 said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it was very helpful!  Since we can get off the ship first we've decided to get a car service so they are there waiting for us.  That plus having pre check we should be ok.

Go to checkpoint 1, it is at the end past the international checkin gates and Pre, Pre+Clear only. I have flown millions of miles out of SEA and it is always the quickest (but it closes early afternoon). If you add Clear it would be like 2 minutes. It puts you in the A gates (DL and UA) near a Priority Pass Lounge, United Lounge, and the Delta Lounge. If you need to get to the N or S gates there is a train nearby, B, C, or D are a 5 to 10 minute walk. The Amex lounge (if you have that) is in the central area between all the gates. 

Edited by fastpitchdad

6 hours ago, CPL1979 said:

We are sailing on the Encore 8/20/23-8/27/23 and I'm thinking I booked the wrong flight.  I have recently heard about Seattle traffic & Sea Tac airport being a disaster but we're debarking on a Sunday so maybe that will help.  I have a flight at noon and I'm staying Haven so I can carry off bags off right at debarkation.  Does anybody know if that's enough time to make the flight?  NCL schedule says arrival at Seattle @ 6am.  Also I was planning to take Seattle Express but I'll have to wait for bus to fill so now I'm thinking Uber or car service.  We'll have four people, six suitcases & a wheelchair, does anybody have recommendations on the travel and any companies we should look at?

Thanks in advance.

No problem at all. You don't need to carry your own luggage off. Let the porters do it. Or, better yet, use Port Valet and let the ship take your luggage to the airport and check it in for you. 

22 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

No problem at all. You don't need to carry your own luggage off. Let the porters do it. Or, better yet, use Port Valet and let the ship take your luggage to the airport and check it in for you. 

My flight is literally 2 minutes too early for Port Valet. We take off at 11:58am and they don’t take any bags for flight before noon.  It’s frustrating 

3 minutes ago, CPL1979 said:

My flight is literally 2 minutes too early for Port Valet. We take off at 11:58am and they don’t take any bags for flight before noon.  It’s frustrating 

I agree with your earlier post where you thought you may have booked the wrong flight.  With the four people, luggage and wheelchair I'd suggest you try to find something a little later in the afternoon to reduce all the stress and, possibly, rushing to keep a tightish schedule

32 minutes ago, CPL1979 said:

Sigh... O.k. you can still let the porters take your bags down and collect them in the baggage hall. The Concierge will get you to security and off the ship. We normally take the NCL transfer to the airport (which ends in the parking structure). If you want something more personalized and direct, use a taxi. There is really no pick-up area and the street in front of the Bell Street Terminal is packed with cars and lines of trucks with provisions for the next cruise. 

52 minutes ago, CPL1979 said:

Is that the AA flight to Philly? I’m booked on that in September after my cruise on the Sun.