Shaq, this is how you do my bacon?

soremekun

Show some compassion, we are in the middle of a bacon crisis that has been going on for going on 2 years exclusively on Carnival ships.

That looks like a stop on the botulism train to me though.

Edited by mz-s
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

Show some compassion, we are in the middle of a bacon crisis that has been going on for going on 2 years exclusively on Carnival ships.

Nitrite is a botulism inhibitor.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, soremekun said:

IMG_20230421_080604957.thumb.jpg.d83097e8b023343ce70d5f67299e89ea.jpg

4 hours ago, mz-s said:

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Leave it to Blerk to put an end to the ridiculousness with actual facts.  Party pooper. 😁 🏴‍☠️

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

So they give you free uncooked bacon but charge you for medical assistance resulting from ingesting it.

/sarcasm

/conspiracy theory 

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Did you ask for more crispy bacon?  I like ceviche but not with pork😅

There are some meats that should always be cooked properly (without needing to ask), pork and poultry are two examples.

• Like 8

They only had bacon at breakfast on the Panorama 2 days.  Mostly cooked though.  I like it crisp.

Pig and Anchor piled so much on top of their bloody Mary's that most people took it off and left it.

What a waste.  They should give more to the buffet to dispense. 

7 hours ago, soremekun said:

There are some meats that should always be cooked properly (without needing to ask), pork and poultry are two examples.

Cooked properly is different for different folks. Some like it crispy, some like what you pictured. The bacon pictured has been cooked to a high enough temperature to kill any cooties of concern (aka COC - technical term). It looks just a tad under my preferred range, which goes from a bit more well done than this to anything short of tasting burnt, but is not a health hazard; the translucence of the fat shows it has been "melted" and thus experienced high enough temps to kill any COC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

If unacceptable, why did you ACCEPT it? Then take it to a table & photograph it? Why didn't you hand the plate of food back immediately & ask for another, or for the bacon to be cooked more?

So they didn't ask you how you like your bacon cooked or you assumed they should know; That's not good enough.

Again, why didn't you simply hand the plate of food back immediately & request the bacon be cooked more? Or request another.

Personally I wouldn't have even touched the plate with anything other than my eyes.

Did you eat this? If not, why did you ACCEPT the unacceptable?

🍹

I accepted the food without inspecting it. 🧐 The bacon was mostly covered by the biscuit and I normally don't lift biscuits to inspect the bacon when receiving an order.

I did not request another.  I ate the sandwich without the bacon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Look, I ain't mad at it.  There is a very large range of how people like their bacon cooked.  There have been complaints of overcooked bacon to now raw.  I'd say on any given day, if they can make 50% of the people happy with that day's bacon preparation, it's a win. 

Personally, I don't mind how it is in the photo.  I prefer it to crispy.  

• Like 2