Have iIt All package - Not Eligible???

WaterSky

Hello.  We are about 29 days away from our cruise on the Oosterdam.  We were considering the Have it All package however when we select it on HAL"s web page it indicates that our booking number is NOT eligible.  I can not think of any reason that this would make a difference but we are 4 star mariners and have booked an SC guarantee Neptune.  Anyone have an idea why we can not get the package?  Thanks for reading this.

I booked a May2024 Norway cruise without the HIA just the plain fare with the $1 deposit and in my manage my booking section, it says that I am not eligible to book the HIA. It has the different pieces to book like internet and the various drink packages. I wouldn’t book and pay for them this far out. But you should be able to buy those pieces of the package on the website. 

I figure that it is something about the $1 deposit and the booking code associated with it. 

We have an Alaska cruise this summer that has signature drink, internet, excursion, one specialty restaurant in its package from the big box store. I figure that I will see about how much we drink and what we drink to see what drink package we need or don’t need for Norway. 

I had been watching and thinking about the Norway cruise and the $1 deposit pushed me to book it. 

I booked a private fare on the Oosterdam without HIA.  I did not want to pay for it at the time of booking.  My PCC said I could add it later.  When I tried to add it, I got the same message, not available for this cruise.  I called my PCC and she was able to add it.  Don’t know if this would work for your $1 deposit sale but it is worth calling your PCC or TA.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WaterSky said:

Hello.  We are about 29 days away from our cruise on the Oosterdam.  We were considering the Have it All package however when we select it on HAL"s web page it indicates that our booking number is NOT eligible.   Anyone have an idea why we can not get the package?  Thanks for reading this.

Simple fix: Call HAL and ask if they can do it for you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WaterSky said:

Hello.  We are about 29 days away from our cruise on the Oosterdam.  We were considering the Have it All package however when we select it on HAL"s web page it indicates that our booking number is NOT eligible.  I can not think of any reason that this would make a difference but we are 4 star mariners and have booked an SC guarantee Neptune.  Anyone have an idea why we can not get the package?  Thanks for reading this.

I had this happen for my b2b upcoming cruise. I switched to a different browser and was able to add it.

• Like 1

I booked a 2024 cruise with this recent Anniversary $1 deposit sale.  The HIA was already included in the booking.  And it was the Elite package that included a better Drink and Internet package, plus Crew Appreciation, along with the other HIA properties.

I recently booked a Baltic cruise May 2024 with $1 deposit as a solo. The have it all price was ridiculous! It was over $200 extra per day! So I booked the basic fare, thinking I'd add HIA online later. Doesn't seem available.

Still a long time till my cruise, so I'll bide my time and see if I can add closer to the cruise.

Edited by cavecreekguy

In February I booked an Alaska Cruise that had special pricing under my husband's Mariner number, we booked a Neptune Suite. I had assumed I could add the special pricing of the $50.00 per person for the HIA, 9this also showed on the web site I could add this) it would not allow me so called in. HAL would not allow me because I was booked under a special pricing of which the Mariner prices at that time did not allow this. So I had the choice of not having it or paying $100.00 per person, which ironically came to the exact price that booking the regular HIA would cost so I ended up doing that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cavecreekguy said:

I recently booked a Baltic cruise May 2024 with $1 deposit as a solo. The have it all price was ridiculous! It was over $200 extra per day! So I booked the basic fare, thinking I'd add HIA online later. Doesn't seem available.

Still a long time till my cruise, so I'll bide my time and see if I can add closer to the cruise.

On another thread many have said that for some reason the HIA is often much more expensive if you include it when booking, than if you get it later.

I tried to add HIA about 3 weeks before we sailed and was told we would have to cancel and book again and the difference was $5000 on an inside 15 day Panama Canal.  Needless to say we didn't.

Less than a week before we sailed we got an email saying its not to late to add HIA which we did for the normal $50.  

2 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

At some point, HAL may stop selling HIA for a cruise, or the specialty restaurants will be overbooked. I've seen posts about people having trouble booking Pinnacle because of limited availability of time slots.

they are already overbooked if the ship is full IME.  Very difficult to book anything unless you want to prepay.  My friends stayed on the K for another segment after I got off and could not book a single specialty restaurant on board.  

4 hours ago, cavecreekguy said:

Some of HAL's special promotions/fare codes are for new bookings only, so there's no going back and adding it later. The options are to wait it out (there will be more promos) or cancel the original booking and rebook under the promo you couldn't get before.

I booked one of the "Free inside stateroom" offers Holland keeps sending us though I did upgrade to a NS (for a very reasonable charge.)  When I first made the reservation, I noticed the HIA package was available, but now that it is made and paid for, I also have the "HIA package not eligible" message.  

So I'd guess it has to do with the base rate for our reservation (which for me was free except for taxes/fees/gratuities plus the upgrade charge.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hhoope01 said:

I booked one of the "Free inside stateroom" offers Holland keeps sending us though I did upgrade to a NS (for a very reasonable charge.)  When I first made the reservation, I noticed the HIA package was available, but now that it is made and paid for, I also have the "HIA package not eligible" message.  

So I'd guess it has to do with the base rate for our reservation (which for me was free except for taxes/fees/gratuities plus the upgrade charge.)

I was able to add the HIA to 2 free inside stateroom cruises that I have booked. When it came up as HIA package not eligible, I logged in on a different browser, safari instead of chrome, and it was there and I was able to add it. If that hadn't worked, I would have called my PCC to have it added.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My experience booking promo fare without HIA is afterward the website said I wasn't eligible to add HIA. Several weeks later I got an email wanting me to add HIA. Following the link from the email, the website said it wasn't available. Another email from HAL a couple of weeks later gave the same result. A week after that I proactively checked the website, it was available and I purchased it. My cruise is still months in the future so I didn't mind doing battle with HAL's computer. With sail date approaching I'd call your PCC/TA.

2 hours ago, hhoope01 said:

I usually use Chrome.  So I tried on my laptop using Edge and still had the same issue.  But after your comment, I tried from my phone and it worked.  Thanks for the information.  👍

your welcome, I'm glad it worked for you.

AUNTMEG:  Yes, we did prepay for the internet service which may be the reason I can't get HIA.  As well, we did get a very good promotional rate for the cruise through a mariner email.  My primary concern was that I may have done something wrong but that's obviously not the case given the information provided in this thread.  Our thanks to everyone who commented.

I booked my inside cabin on Cyber Monday when HAL had a $25 deposit sale.  I didn't book HIA at the time.  I tried to add it but got the dreaded "This cruise is not eligible" message. A couple months later I got an email offering me the HAI package to I tried to add it then. Once again I got the dreaded "This cruise is not eligible" message so I call customer service to add it over the phone. They weren't able to do it either.  I would like to have added it since I booked a HAL shore excursion that cost more than $100 and booked Tamarind for dinner so I would use all the the benefits of HIA. Alas, no one can figure out how to do it. I think it has to do with what promotion you originally booked it under.

• Like 1