Can a bottle of champagne be ordered from room service.

1 minute ago, acuprulez said:

Not liquor, but probably wine or champagne. Same as if you bought a bottle in a restaurant. 

Thanks. Sorry about the topic title. I tried to edit it and hit submit by mistake and now I don’t know how to fix it! 

4 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

I feel like such an idiot but I don’t see where the report option is. Help please. Thank you 

See the 3 dots in the top right corner of your post? Click on those 3 dots and a drop down menu will allow you to “report” the post. There you can ask the mods to edit the title.

3 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

I know that alcohol bought at the store onboard the ship is held for you until you are about to disembark. But what if you wanted to have people over to your stateroom for cocktails?  Can you order up a bottle from room service?

If you know you might want to do this you can each bring about of wine onboard when you board.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

See the 3 dots in the top right corner of your post? Click on those 3 dots and a drop down menu will allow you to “report” the post. There you can ask the mods to edit the title.

Thanks so much I just followed your instructions and requested the edit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

If you know you might want to do this you can each bring about of wine onboard when you board.

Thanks the hubby and I usually do bring 2 bottles of wine but we are in a large group and we will need more than 2 bottles to have the group over for a drink. 

26 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thanks the hubby and I usually do bring 2 bottles of wine but we are in a large group and we will need more than 2 bottles to have the group over for a drink. 

Sorry.  Still think there has to be a way to host a party.

2 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Have everyone in the group BYOB of wine.   

7 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

If you are in balcony cabin there really isn't much space to host a party for a large group.    Seating would be number issue.  

Usually 2 balcony chairs and small sofa that would hold 2 people.   Others standing or sitting on bed would be awkward.

Plenty of better places to meet and hang out on a ship.

6 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Many places to meet on the ship. A standard room would prob not be a place you would want to all meet in. 

We are in a crown loft, but the rest of the group is not in a suite, which is why we wanted to do something in our stateroom. Just a champagne toast for a special occasion we are celebrating on the cruise 

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you are in balcony cabin there really isn't much space to host a party for a large group.    Seating would be number issue.  

Usually 2 balcony chairs and small sofa that would hold 2 people.   Others standing or sitting on bed would be awkward.

Plenty of better places to meet and hang out on a ship.

I should have mentioned from the start that we are in a crown loft. My son is celebrating a special occasion so we wanted to toast to him with the family and friends in our group of 10

16 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

I should have mentioned from the start that we are in a crown loft. My son is celebrating a special occasion so we wanted to toast to him with the family and friends in our group of 10

A Crown Lot is plenty spacious enough to o what you want to do. You can order champagne pre cruse via their gifts site, and there are a few limited alcohol packages available there as well that will be delivered to your suite when you board..

Edited by orville99

As a suggestion, speak with the concierge in the suite lounge (or a manager in the MDR), explaining what you'd like to do.  They will place you in touch with the manager who oversees Room Service  I'd expect them to be happy to cater your get-together in your suite.  Of course it will cost more than a BYOB, but if this is an important event, they'll do it right and make it nice.  Speaking with the manager may give you more options and ideas:  calling directly  to room service and speaking with the "order taker" probably won't yield the desired results or creativity.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, orville99 said:

A Crown Lot is plenty spacious enough to o what you want to do. You can order champagne pre cruse via their gifts site, and there are a few limited alcohol packages available there as well that will be delivered to your suite when you board..

Thanks, I went on the website and am considering it. Does anyone know if the price through the gift’s department is the same as the price through room service? Any way I can find out?

2 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thanks, I went on the website and am considering it. Does anyone know if the price through the gift’s department is the same as the price through room service? Any way I can find out?

We are onboard right now, and give me a few minutes to pull up the room service options.

just went out to the app and there are no room service alcohol options visible. Not sure if that is even an option once you are on board.

Edited by orville99

• Host Carolyn changed the title to Can a bottle of champagne be ordered from room service.
16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We are onboard right now, and give me a few minutes to pull up the room service options.

just went out to the app and there are no room service alcohol options visible. Not sure if that is even an option once you are on board.

Thank so much for checking 

24 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thank so much for checking 

No problem. We will be in the lounge later this afternoon and I will ask the concierge if what you want can be arranged. Also, you will be contacted by your concierge about a week before you sail, and you can ask them at that time if they can accommodate your request.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

No problem. We will be in the lounge later this afternoon and I will ask the concierge if what you want can be arranged. Also, you will be contacted by your concierge about a week before you sail, and you can ask them at that time if they can accommodate your request.

That is nice of you! Thanks so much!!! I haven’t gotten the letter from the concierge and I know it won’t come until closer to the sail date. I’m just trying to get a jump on things. I’m also so excited for the cruise I can’t think of anything else! 

• Like 1