LIVE * Prima * April 30 – May 7, 2023 * Aft OS

HBCcruiser

13 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

So they USED to give you Moet Champagne in OS. Now we get Prosecco.🤮 Sorry bubble snob here. Luckily I brought the Veuve onboard! 

IMG_2973.thumb.jpeg.b6c376ea7833a5b87067d146cb7a5b2d.jpeg

IMG_2974.thumb.jpeg.6710fc177af6a8d84a6f9426f0efa8b7.jpeg

They have been cheaping out for ten years and more for OS and higher.  Perks say Champagne yet sparkling wine is what they sub.  Even had one trip they 'forgot' it and that was with Jefferson.

• Like 1

@Sailing12Away A few other things about this suite:

- The walls in the bedroom creek. Bring earplugs or headphones. It gets loud as the seas get rough.

- There are no shelves in the shower.
- There are very few storage areas in the bathroom or suite 

- There are no tissues in the bathroom

- There are very few towel racks 

- The bed and the sofa bed are comfortable.

- The TV pulls out from the wall which is nice.

- The room could use more storage and hooks

- The closets are not large. I’m using the one in the hallway and DH is using the one in the bedroom.

The ship is beautiful. We love the decor. The Haven is top notch!

I’ll keep you updated as we explore and learn more. 😀

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Dinner last night at Onda was very good. I had the burrata which was excellent and the filet which was cooked perfectly. 10/10 forks. 

IMG_3016.thumb.jpeg.fc6d931bb2b2a018cbabe6dd5a95cf72.jpeg

IMG_3015.thumb.jpeg.f0acfa9c79713c36ca21682f14ff54d1.jpeg

IMG_3018.thumb.jpeg.c2f1a09366e488b845e058ddb5f3fb6b.jpeg

IMG_3020.thumb.jpeg.a107ed98844f0849faa3d6b1060a14ad.jpeg

IMG_3021.thumb.jpeg.c02ef0c470be2ee4559b47272286af99.jpeg

Oh, thank you for posting this! I guess my next NCL ship needs to have Onda. I just absolutely need my burrata. I so miss it being off the menu in La Cucina. Your entire meal just looks yum!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oh, thank you for posting this! I guess my next NCL ship needs to have Onda. I just absolutely need my burrata. I so miss it being off the menu in La Cucina. Your entire meal just looks yum!!

Another vote for Onda here. It was scrumptious on the Prima and the Encore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

@Sailing12Away A few other things about this suite:

- The walls in the bedroom creek. Bring earplugs or headphones. It gets loud as the seas get rough.

I like the Prima but the creaking on the transatlantic last year drove me close to the edge of madness. It was a balcony cabin on Deck 10 forward. However, there was no creaking when I sailed in March in a studio on Deck 13. We experienced rough seas on both sailings.

I am enjoying your live review and fondly reminiscing the details that warmed me to the Prima. 

Have a great time!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

So they USED to give you Moet Champagne in OS. Now we get Prosecco.🤮 Sorry bubble snob here. Luckily I brought the Veuve onboard! 

IMG_2973.thumb.jpeg.b6c376ea7833a5b87067d146cb7a5b2d.jpeg

IMG_2974.thumb.jpeg.6710fc177af6a8d84a6f9426f0efa8b7.jpeg

I can't believe that they think a crappy bottle of prosecco is anything close to real champagne... I'd chuck it straight overboard! (***I most definitely would never litter from a cruise ship, or anywhere else for that matter, but, I do think you got jipped)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I can't believe that they think a crappy bottle of prosecco is anything close to real champagne.

I agree 100%. It’d be best if they skipped it altogether. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

👋No cruise wine has ever been too cheap for me to drink! I'll take it!

I’ll send it to cabin. What’s the number? In all seriousness I’m an admitted wine snob and plan to give the Prosecco to people who appreciate it. It’s great that we all have different tastes. It’s what makes the world go round.🥂😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I’ll send it to cabin. What’s the number? In all seriousness I’m an admitted wine snob and plan to give the Prosecco to people who appreciate it. It’s great that we all have different tastes. It’s what makes the world go round.🥂😊

We got a bottle of some free swill for something or other on the Carnival Vista last year and we brought it with us to trivia one afternoon where we made short work of it. I used to think I understood better and worse boozes and beerzes and winezes of all kinezes but really I find it all rather vile and don't drink much anymore in any case. I like water at home and everywhere else. Just plain room temp tap water.

The worst was when we did a (paid but very reasonable) martini making class on Adventure of the Seas a few years back and started with the carefully made, gently stirred classic martini made with some decent call gin (Bombay Sapphire comes to mind but might not be right). 

It was about the most horrible batteryacidish thing I've ever taken in but with my cheapness that wasn't going down any drains.  The lavender lemon drop vodka martini was a lot better and the chocotini was of course all gooey sweetness but by that point I was barely conscious, not being a drinker, and my husband had to drink both of the espresso martinis that came last. I tell you the ice show was very very weird after that!

• Haha 4