Live: Beyond TA: April 23 - MAY 7; 8 Day Adriatic: May 7 - May 15 & Sorrento

Lastdance

3 hours ago, Ayewash said:

Really enjoying reading your discussion and seeing your great photos!

We’re on the Fall Transatlantic on Beyond. Our last cruise was years ago. A couple of questions, if you can answer:

Would you be able to take a photo of the wine list to include prices of glasses? We’re primarily wine drinkers and the Celebrity website isn’t all that informative. Still trying to decide whether to get a drink package which will mostly depend on how much we would have to pay for a “decent” glass of wine. If there’s a cocktail menu with prices that would be great as well, should we have those on occasion. DH likes his Johnny Walker. I might have a martini.

How was the internet connection with Starlink on the crossing?

Were the seas ever rough enough on the crossing to warrant seasickness remedies?

Thanks!

I only had trouble with the internet once; the service has been very good, IMHO.  No seasickness at all, but we also enjoy all types of weather onboard.  

Bellow is their Sunrise Menu…I will get you more, but someone may be interested in this…

IMG_2133.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

This is one of those ahhh-ha moments.  I keep trying to post this video, as it captures the essence and beauty of lovely Old Town in Kotor, Montenegro.  This video posts easily on FB and Instagram, but I am having so much trouble on Cruise Critic, so I will add some beautiful photos...just give the video time, as it is so worth the wait!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Tomorrow, we head to Kotor, Montenegro.  Rain chances are 50%, so the beautiful views on the way in may not be available like they were the first time we were here.  Time will tell the story.  Now, I believe this has posted twice…my apologies!

Edited by Lastdance

Thank you for sharing your travels with all of us!  Your photos are amazing.  I have a question about your SV on this portion of your journey.  I have heard sailing in to some of the Adriatic ports can be breathtaking.  Are you able to enjoy the sail in or would you have to go to a different area of the ship to get a good view?

3 hours ago, NBliving said:

Thank you for sharing your travels with all of us!  Your photos are amazing.  I have a question about your SV on this portion of your journey.  I have heard sailing in to some of the Adriatic ports can be breathtaking.  Are you able to enjoy the sail in or would you have to go to a different area of the ship to get a good view?

There are lots of great viewing ports, but this is our third visit, so we enjoyed seeing where we had been, or in reverse. It was very cloudy early in the morning, but still has the same excitement, as our very first time.  the sun came out after we threw down the anchor.  Thank you for your kind words.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Photos of Kotor, Montenegro...we have been here previously, so took the small tender into Kotor for some early morning photos and walking.

IMG_2171.jpeg

IMG_2174.jpeg

IMG_2180.jpeg

IMG_2179.jpeg

IMG_2164.jpeg

IMG_2163.jpeg

IMG_2155.jpeg

IMG_2152.jpeg

IMG_2151.jpeg

IMG_2150.jpeg

IMG_2181.jpeg

Beautiful photos thank you. This region has hovered on and off our bucket list for many years. Firmly back on now!

• Like 2

May 11, 2023:  Welcome to Corfu, Greece!

This is a new port for us, so we were excited to see it for the first time, but a little sad that it was cloudy with a great chance of afternoon showers.  Well, we made it before the afternoon downpour.  Actually, I had wanted to take a boat tour, but knew there was a lot to see in Old Town, along with the fort, saint George’s Church(with the columns)and Old Town.  Corfu was a great place to walk(large with tons of shopping, along with so many cute restaurants and pastry shops…we made it back to the ship before the pouring rain!

IMG_2201.jpeg

IMG_2207.jpeg

IMG_2203.jpeg

IMG_2209.jpeg

IMG_2210.jpeg

IMG_2211.jpeg

IMG_2202.jpeg

IMG_2214.jpeg

IMG_2215.jpeg

IMG_2219.jpeg

IMG_2216.jpeg

IMG_2221.jpeg

IMG_2220.jpeg

IMG_2223.jpeg

IMG_2213.jpeg

IMG_2212.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 11

Tomorrow is my big day, as Shipwrecked Beach has been on my radar forever.  I have a private tour scheduled for just the two of us; right now I am eagerly waiting for my specific information, as to the exact place to meet my driver.  This is a tender port, so thankfully both of us are able to disembark early.  So, stay tuned for what I hope will be a great day for photos and drop-dead gorgeous scenery!

My apologies for abstracted randomness in posting, as I know many of you would prefer this to be better organized, along with more specific information; however, this is a vacation and not for a specialized audience except for those who love to travel the world and enjoy photos!  I assure you that I can be very detailed and concrete sequential…this photo, outside Cyprus(restaurant)reminds me of my mind at times!

IMG_2059.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 12

Thank you so much for sharing your journey and experiences! We will be on next year’s crossing and your pictures and descriptions have been invaluable ❤️ 
Is there any chance you have time to snap a photo of the spa pricing? We cannot find it anywhere. Have fun today!

Shipwrecked Beach, Zakinthos, Greece Photos…so, the weather was exceptional, along with our guide, Eraldo.  We had a seven hour tour including an exceptional lunch and fantastic boat tour with Captain George.  Hope you enjoy seeing these beautiful places through the eyes of my iPhone 12 Pro!  First set is the boat…

IMG_2330.jpeg

IMG_2325.jpeg

IMG_2320.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2599.jpeg

IMG_2306.jpeg

IMG_2293.jpeg

IMG_2285.jpeg

IMG_2292.jpeg

IMG_2319.jpeg

IMG_2298.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

More photos will be forthcoming, along with an answer to the spa question regarding prices.  I am just so enameled with the entire day and really tired too!

Michelle, I haven’t forgotten you!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Bluebunny123 said:

Thank you so much for sharing your journey and experiences! We will be on next year’s crossing and your pictures and descriptions have been invaluable ❤️ 
Is there any chance you have time to snap a photo of the spa pricing? We cannot find it anywhere. Have fun today!

IMG_2364.jpeg

IMG_2363.jpeg

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

IMG_2364.jpeg

IMG_2363.jpeg

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these! Seeing the prices makes budgeting so much easier.

Your pictures are stunning! I hope you have an entire hallway devoted to the beautiful places that you travel to. Have a wonderful rest of your trip.!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Shipwrecked Beach, Zakinthos, Greece Photos…so, the weather was exceptional, along with our guide, Eraldo.  We had a seven hour tour including an exceptional lunch and fantastic boat tour with Captain George.  Hope you enjoy seeing these beautiful places through the eyes of my iPhone 12 Pro!  First set is the boat…

Gorgeous pictures.  I will have to find out how to get to that beach and locations near.  😊

Edited by Texed

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Hmm,  no Mimosa on the breakfast drink menu..but I know I got them somewhere

Perhaps you had them at the Captain’s Club breakfast? They offer Mimosas & Bloody Marys each morning at the CC breakfast. 

13 hours ago, Texed said:

Gorgeous pictures.  I will have to find out how to get to that beach and locations near.  😊

By boat is fantastic; to get above, you need to walk a very rocky, but short path.  There is also a memorial to a person who died getting too close to the edge.  The path is really closed, but you can get through the fence.  In the summer, you cannot get through, as it is too dangerous with the crowds.

One Beach shot was off Xigia Beach.  There are steps/path to walk down; the view is stunning!  There are also small caves on either side and depending on water level, you can enter.  The water color is very light and so awesome.  There is a great little restaurant for a snack and coffee.

IMG_2248.jpeg

IMG_2249.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 3

Our stop for an early lunch, at Orizontes-Restaurant and Sky Bar, was just excellent, as we were the only ones there for most of the time.  It is very picturesque and even the somewhat outdoor restroom is done so well.  Our lunch of salmon and a burger cost 38 Euros!  The view was worth the price, along with the restaurant itself.  My salmon was so fresh and grilled perfectly!

IMG_2257.jpeg

IMG_2258.jpeg

IMG_2256.jpeg

IMG_2259.jpeg

IMG_2264.jpeg

IMG_2265.jpeg

IMG_2266.jpeg

IMG_2267.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 5