Medallion App

Good Afternoon,

Booked  Round Australia Oct 23 on Coral. Haven't cruised since 2019. Do we need Medallion  App? Just looked on Princess board and there is a 208 page board on it. Will take me until October  to read it all.

Husband doesn't have a phone and I'm not that tech savvy, and don't want to be. 

Seems you can book Anytime Dining preferred time and table size before embarking with the App what if I dont have it, is that just tough luck for me?

So excited to be cruising again and trying to ignore all the negative comments.

Appreciate any help,

Anjo. 

You can do a fair amount of the required stuff through the webpage Personalizer but not all. 

- you can't pick your arrival group but that doesn't seem to make much difference in Australia.

- you can't book dining but you can just go to the MDR at whatever time you like and they'll find you a table even if you have to wait a short while. Try to avoid the busy times though (hint - booking slots are every 20 minutes, on the hour, twenty past, and twenty to).

Things like showing vaccination certificates and photos of RAT tests can be done at the terminal during check-in.

However the App is really useful once you're onboard. You can check what's on where abd when. You can order drinks and food through it and it will be delivered to wherever you are. You can check your onboard account. You can buy Future Cruise Deposits. If you're intending to use the internet once onboard I think you need the App to make the initial connection to MedallionNet.

Don't be scared of the App. This is from a person not at all tech savvy. I found the information you have to fill in for the first part not much different from the old Cruise personalizer. Being able to book dining at a time and table makes for stress free dining and no waiting, very easy to do.

The App does make boarding easy and quicker, but I think you can get paper copy of all you need from your TA, if you have one.

One problem I had for our first cruise was caused by me putting my name in and it telling me I had no cruise, when I put my husbands name in first all was good.

Juls

6 hours ago, anjo said:

Good Afternoon,

Booked  Round Australia Oct 23 on Coral. Haven't cruised since 2019. Do we need Medallion  App? Just looked on Princess board and there is a 208 page board on it. Will take me until October  to read it all.

Husband doesn't have a phone and I'm not that tech savvy, and don't want to be. 

Seems you can book Anytime Dining preferred time and table size before embarking with the App what if I dont have it, is that just tough luck for me?

So excited to be cruising again and trying to ignore all the negative comments.

Appreciate any help,

Anjo. 

Not essential, but much easier - so I would suggest yes, you will need it. Assigned dining is one reason. If you want an early boarding slot, that would be a second reason.

You can do both your and your husband's check-in on one phone. Just one step at a time, and we have our our version of a topic here that would be 50 pages max 😉 There is some variation to the way check-in looks here vs overseas, due to vaccine and pre-test requirements.

Do you have a younger family member handy who could put the app on their phone to do the few things you can't do on line? It's useful to have but not essential. I've cruised with the medallion and app, I didn't want to carry my phone around on board and cruised happily with it locked in the cabin safe.  A tip, if the medallion app doesn't seem to be working properly, uninstall and reinstall it, that fixes any glitches.

Another tip:  if you have any questions or concerns about the app once you are onboard the Coral Princess, stop by the Ocean Now kiosk in the hallway on deck 6 near the Explorers Lounge.  The staff is eager to help you.

We are finishing our Round Australia cruise this Saturday 😢.  It and our week spent on the New Zealand’s South Island have been wonderful and truly the trip of a lifetime.  

• Like 1