JFK Jet blue and Delta term ?

bones774

My 2 daughters will disembark on a Sunday and make their way to JFK, one is flying Delta and the other is JetBlue. Does anyone know if they have a common area either prior to security or after where my daughters can kill a few hours together before their flights?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, bones774 said:

My 2 daughters will disembark on a Sunday and make their way to JFK, one is flying Delta and the other is JetBlue. Does anyone know if they have a common area either prior to security or after where my daughters can kill a few hours together before their flights?

Not airside-- JetBlue is at Terminal 5 and Delta is at Terminal 4 and there is no post security connection to them. 

If they wanted to hang out before security-- and had the time to do so-- there is the TWA Hotel at Terminal 5 that has several restaurants, lounges, and bars they could utilize. The JetBlue daughter would have a short walk to security. The Delta daughter would need to take a short AirTrain ride over to T4- it takes about 15 minutes with the train ride and the walking involved. 

Hi, Thanks for the quick response, i'm familiar with what you are saying (Actually flew on a Connie from there in my youth with family). Good idea about the hotel. maybe walk over to Delta if possible?

Edited by bones774

You cannot walk from the hotel to the Delta terminal. I just stayed there on Friday night and had a flight home Saturday morning. You need to take the Air Train to the Delta terminal. (I flew Delta).

39 minutes ago, bones774 said:

maybe walk over to Delta if possible?

As Lois said-- not walkable-- they won't let you and there is no sidewalk outside. They would both enter the JetBlue Terminal 5 together-- the Delta one would then go upstairs to the top level and follow signs to the AirTrain while the JetBlue one would go to the departures level for security. 

It takes about 15 minutes, with most of it walking to the AirTrain, to get from the TWA Hotel to Terminal 4. 

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

There is a lot more to do (restaurants/shops) at Terminal 5, from which it is easy to get to Terminal 4 by AirTrain.

Airside not pre-security at both terminals. T5 has a Dunkin Donuts before security departure level and T4 in baggage claim has a Hudson newsstand, nothing else.

AirTrain from T4 to T5 take the Jamacia or Howard Beach train one stop. T5 to T4 take the terminal-only train on the opposite side one stop.

JFK Hotel is accessible from the Baggage Claim level. After the "Skyway" walk from the AirTrain take the escalator down twice or the elevator on the left. In baggage claim a different elevator that is right near the exit from Customs, you may even see people waiting behind rope lines on people exiting customs, you can cross those rope lines to access the elevator to the hotel. 

Edited by Brighton Line