Just off the Summit

horseymike

Just back off 4 night Summit cruise , I will be brief. My thoughts:

Embarkation was a cake walk. ( Miami )

Food was excellent in both MDR for dinner, Oceanview for breakfast and lunch. We did not dine in the specialty restaurants.

Cafe Al Bacio was outstanding.

Entertainment was good , one evening We thought is was great. ( I know this is subjective)

Crew was wonderful in each and every venue and interaction. Bar service , waiters , Ocean View staff …..

Debarkation was also a cake walk , facial recognition rocks. Once again ( Miami )

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise 🚢 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, horseymike said:

Just back off 4 night Summit cruise , I will be brief. My thoughts:

Embarkation was a cake walk. ( Miami )

Food was excellent in both MDR for dinner, Oceanview for breakfast and lunch. We did not dine in the specialty restaurants.

Cafe Al Bacio was outstanding.

Entertainment was good , one evening We thought is was great. ( I know this is subjective)

Crew was wonderful in each and every venue and interaction. Bar service , waiters , Ocean View staff …..

Debarkation was also a cake walk , facial recognition rocks. Once again ( Miami )

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise 🚢 

Sailing on the Summit out of Bayonne, NJ on May 15th.  We usually sail Royal Caribbean but liked the itinerary on this ship.  What kind of entertainment did they have?  Assuming they had a band, how were they?  Also, what is Cafe Al Bacio?

Al Bacio is a specialty coffee tea place( expression, etc) for a charge however the pastries are free.  Al Bacio does serve drinks but it isn’t really a bar.  
The band is good. They also have other musicians and a DJ playing around the ship.

Hi ,

On our 4 night cruise there was a comedian , a high energy production show , a female vocalist who we really enjoyed singing classic hits of Award winning female artists. Finally another high energy production show on the last night.

They were several different musical groups performing, bands , duets and a solo .

Also 2 DJ ‘s who were very good.

Cafe Al Bacio is the specialty coffee bar and cafe , if you are a coffee, espresso , tea or hot chocolate fan you don’t want to miss this venue. They also have a nice selection of baked goods and treats available at no charge. 
I hope you enjoy the Summit as much as we did. 🚢

Edited by horseymike
Omitted word
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

Sailing on the Summit out of Bayonne, NJ on May 15th.  We usually sail Royal Caribbean but liked the itinerary on this ship.  What kind of entertainment did they have?  Assuming they had a band, how were they?  Also, what is Cafe Al Bacio?

Do you have the loyalty club status with RC? If so it transfers to Celebrity. Not sure if it transfers on the very first sailing (can't remember), but worth asking. Depending on loyalty tier, you may be able to get complimentary specialty coffee at Cafe Al Bacio, as well as other perks.

7 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

Do you have the loyalty club status with RC? If so it transfers to Celebrity. Not sure if it transfers on the very first sailing (can't remember), but worth asking. Depending on loyalty tier, you may be able to get complimentary specialty coffee at Cafe Al Bacio, as well as other perks.

We are Diamond on RC so Elite on Celebrity.

10 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

Complimentary specialty coffee perk doesn't start until you reach Elite Plus. The highest level you can get by matching RC status is Elite.  But as Elite, they will get free bag of laundry, 5-7 happy hour, Elite breakfast (where you can get your free latte/cappuccino) and a few other things.

2 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

Complimentary specialty coffee perk doesn't start until you reach Elite Plus. The highest level you can get by matching RC status is Elite.  But as Elite, they will get free bag of laundry, 5-7 happy hour, Elite breakfast (where you can get your free latte/cappuccino) and a few other things.

That's interesting. I'm pretty sure we had complimentary cappuccinos and lattes at El Bacio last time we cruised a few years ago and we were only Elite. I guess there is one way to find out, when we sail again this July.

1 hour ago, SSFrance69 said:

That's interesting. I'm pretty sure we had complimentary cappuccinos and lattes at El Bacio last time we cruised a few years ago and we were only Elite. I guess there is one way to find out, when we sail again this July.

If you had a beverage package then that would cover the cappuccinos and lattes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tsixr said:

We will be on our first celebrity cruise in June. Is cafe El Bacio the only place on the summit to get specialty coffee and teas?

Pretty much. I believe you can get them in the MDR and specialty restaurants during dinner hours.

On 4/27/2023 at 10:52 AM, jelayne said:

If you had a beverage package then that would cover the cappuccinos and lattes.

Thank you. We didn't have a package. My memory might be confusing the cappuccinos and lattes at al baccio with the ones served at the elite breakfast which are free.