No More Veuve, No More Grey Goose

gmbhardy

1 hour ago, Arrow34 said:

Ok, this the last time I am posting in this thread.  People aren't getting it.  1. It isn't about going cheaper 2. It is the bait and switch.  3. Getting a package before your sailing and finding out something you bought the package for is no longer offered and an alternative isn't offered.  4. If those that bought the package wanted to pay more we wouldn't have upgraded to the p+. We wanted what was listed to be included. Now they are not.

I'm with you. I really am. It's upsetting...says he who has never, and probably will not ever upgrade to the Premium Plus package. But! I get it. Especially for those that don't know of the change.

Here's the one issue I have with this "bait and switch." You can cancel the upgrade to Premium Plus. Now that folks know, they can cancel. For those folks who are cruising right now, it could absolutely be a bait and switch. But for those that aren't, well...at least you can cancel. That would send a stronger message than just discussing the change here. But, please! Keep on discussing it. I totally understand the disappointment and I'm not going to argue that folks should/shouldn't be disappointed, because I feel like you should be! 

• Like 4

I'm disappointed as I love champagne but not the rose version. However, I will upgrade my package as the upsell for me was Starbucks and "premium" wines and bottled water. Veuve was a nice surprise. But I do completely understand how the Veuve lovers feel as I would like to go back to grinding on my complaint of the lack of Miller Lite. Which I won't even mention to my husband until we get onboard.😡

Edited by depplep
Addition
  • Like 3

On 5/4/2023 at 12:29 PM, bkrickles1 said:

Thanks for informing us of the revolutionary, adult decision you made at 15 and how the rest of us are just brainwashed and dumb!

Since we're sharing, at 15 I was hanging out in the park drinking Colt 45 and hoping my gf would kiss me. I do miss Colt 45! Lmao!!!!

I found this quote below and thought it was applicable.

"Condescending people tend to be very judgmental and intolerant towards anything that doesn't match their high standards or beliefs. They will always be looking for ways to prove that others are wrong and inferior."

How is Colt 45 malt liquor made? - Quora

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 4/28/2023 at 12:35 PM, rather be in Hawaii said:

I sail Monday May 1st on getaway when these changes start. I agree that I feel sorry for the bartenders that. Will be hearing complaints when it is out of  their control. My husband upgraded to the premium plus package as a gift to me since I really wanted the Veuve. We will be in Haven so I’m curious if they will have any leftover from current cruise. A current passenger on getaway said that they were still pouring Veuve. (Though changes would not have been in place yet)

Now that your sailing is done, can you report back your experience with veuve/haven and veuve throughout the ship.

22 hours ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Now that your sailing is done, can you report back your experience with veuve/haven and veuve throughout the ship.

Their cruise isn't over until Thursday! (when I get on the ship!)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WexIrl said:

Anyone know what the additional cost is per shot/measure/pour of Grey Goose for someone on the the

Unlimited Open Bar but not on the Premium Plus Beverage Package ?

I don't believe Grey Goose is an extra charge on the regular drink package.  It wasn't a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

I don't believe Grey Goose is an extra charge on the regular drink package.  It wasn't a couple of weeks ago.

Don't tease me like that 😆

I thought I had read on here that Grey Goose was being transitioned onto the Premium Plus Beverage Package in May?

A couple of weeks ago would have put you in the pre transition period.

But I would love for you to be correct because the other Vodka offerings I seen in place of it are just a headache in a bottle from my experience.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WexIrl said:

I thought I had read on here that Grey Goose was being transitioned onto the Premium Plus Beverage Package in May?

You are correct. Grey Goose moving to plus. Belvedere remove, too. Have not seen a new May 1 menu yet, so don't know. Expecting somewhere between $18-$20 plus 20% service charge plus 8-10% sales tax if docked in a US or European port that charges such a tax.

Just off the Sky today and had no problem getting Veuve by the glass with P+ in Le Bistro.  We did not try to get it in other bars but did ask for other P+ wine by the glass choices. Several lounge  servers kindly got the wine from another bar or the dining room if they didn’t have it in their bar/lounge.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seas2mountains said:

Just off the Sky today and had no problem getting Veuve by the glass with P+ in Le Bistro.  We did not try to get it in other bars but did ask for other P+ wine by the glass choices. Several lounge  servers kindly got the wine from another bar or the dining room if they didn’t have it in their bar/lounge.  

The rumors of specific liquors/wines/beers being dropped always makes me wonder how these rumors actually gain traction.

I didn’t put much stock in these latest reports.  

Thanks for confirming they had no traction!  

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

The rumors of specific liquors/wines/beers being dropped always makes me wonder how these rumors actually gain traction.

Dated 04/2023

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Beverage_Package_Flyer_04_23.pdf

• Like 1

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

It is far from confirmed that these changes have no traction.

These aren’t rumours, they are based on the new list of beverage issued by NCL in April.

It would have been amazing, knowing NCL, if the change happened immediately on every ship. When changes happen it is very common for reports to appear saying that they weren’t applied on some ships.

All that Seas2mountains report shows is that it hasn’t changed on the Sky yet (in Le Bistro at least). We need far more than that to conclude that the changes aren’t happening and even then it would be a reversal of policy rather than the reports were just rumours.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

This is the 2023 drink menus and what comes in each package…

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Beverage_Packages_01232023.pdf

Grey Goose was the well vodka on the Bliss a couple of weeks ago!

Hi. This was the January 2023 version. A revision happened effective May 2023. Grey Goose will not be the well vodka going forward.

14 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

Thank you for reporting back. Hope you had a lovely cruise!

22 minutes ago, dachengdao said:

This is from January.  The newest one from April is here:

Beverage_Package_Flyer_04_23.pdf 2.55 MB · 0 downloads

The one I linked is the one they used for my Bliss cruise 2 weeks ago.  So, sounds like they are offering Grey Goose and Veuve even though it's May.  No one on my cruise at any of the bars knew of any changes to the liquor choices except they didn't have any Bailey's, which they said they hadn't had for a while.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 11:26 AM, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Still on my cruise. It is a 10 day. Veuve mysteriously showed up by the glass for me midway through the cruise. (Haven only) pommerey has been available but they haven’t been bringing a bottle. They just will refill it as much as you want to indulge. Ocean blue Veuve was only available to purchase by bottle ( 40% off if you have premium plus. Even though the Veuve has not been available as I had hoped my husband is making up for it with the Johnnie walker blue. I have tried lots of cocktails I don’t usually order. All I drink at home is red wine. If you ever have the opportunity to do Haven it is amazing. It is a splurge. The ship is crowded but not at max. Zero children in haven very few on the ship so early May might be a good time after the spring break crowds and pre summer crowds. 😊🍾

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

The one I linked is the one they used for my Bliss cruise 2 weeks ago.  So, sounds like they are offering Grey Goose and Veuve even though it's May.  No one on my cruise at any of the bars knew of any changes to the liquor choices except they didn't have any Bailey's, which they said they hadn't had for a while.

Of course, that is because your cruise started in April, not May. The change is supposed to be effective for cruises embarking on or after May 1.

• Haha 1

Just got off the Prima on Sunday, but it did set sail on April 30th if that matters.  Wife and had the P-plus drink package.  She practically took a bath in the Veuve. So these possible changes were clearly not in effect on that sailing.  They were out of the Sinatra Jack Daniel's (I made do anyway!).  Had a great cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1