Unusual concern about air

alainciao

My first time using Regent air and have great nonstop flights.  The first one from Dulles to Barcelona is with United.  Somehow my name on the United site (in my account) is written (not my real name:)) Paultstephen Miller instead of Paul Stephen Miller. Same with DW. My very experienced TA with a professional TA firm tells me no worry, it happens to her and no problem.  I have uploaded my passport with picture on the United flight and have a hard copy "Ready to Fly" so I think I'm OK.  However, anyone had any experience with typos in their name when flying?

On 4/29/2023 at 10:12 AM, alainciao said:

My first time using Regent air and have great nonstop flights.  The first one from Dulles to Barcelona is with United.  Somehow my name on the United site (in my account) is written (not my real name:)) Paultstephen Miller instead of Paul Stephen Miller. Same with DW. My very experienced TA with a professional TA firm tells me no worry, it happens to her and no problem.  I have uploaded my passport with picture on the United flight and have a hard copy "Ready to Fly" so I think I'm OK.  However, anyone had any experience with typos in their name when flying?

It's coïncidental that you posted this.  To-day, I scheduled my flights through Regent's air concierge desk.  When I went to American Airline's website and checked the reservations I found entered in the space for my first name both my first and middle names, in this fashion: XXXXXX XXXX.  The space for my middle name was left blank, and the space for my last name contained my last name.  My wife's name was listed in the same way.  I wasn't able to change it on line.

Evidently, it came out this way because of how it was entered by the Regent air concierge.  (I've flown with American in the past, and our names were properly entered before.)  It's annoying, but not one of those things to take to the mat.  I did wonder, though, as you did, if it would be a problem when we present our documents at boarding time.  I figured it would not be an issue---even airline employees have to apply logic.  Still, I was glad to see so many responses here corroborate it.

Edited by CDR Benson

On 4/29/2023 at 10:12 AM, alainciao said:

Paultstephen Miller instead of Paul Stephen Miller.

Hmm...is it Paulstephen or Paultstephen? That extra "t" may be problematic?

Speaking of American Airlines, I see the pilots voted today to authorize a strike. Hopefully, just a bargaining ploy, but still worrisome if you happen to have flights booked in the near future.

4 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

Wanna add to the fun?  Be a II or a III...I've seen dozens of variations of "Parrishii", "Parrish Ii", just plain "Ii", you name it.  

Be a IV and my hubby has completely broken most sites both hotels and airlines.

Yup, the only time the mashup of my first and middle names seemed to make a difference was when trying to log into the ANA website to check on a seat assignment.  (I had to use the weird mashup of my first and middle names...)  Otherwise, on other recent flights, when checking in no problems..