Live from Sky Princess 6 May

Eglesbrech

Disappointing to hear about the lack of seating in the lounges. That is one of our favorite parts of cruising. IMO that is a huge problem caused by adding private/pay areas and decreasing public areas. I guess I better move Sky down my list 😪

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Glide said:

HI - Sailing on the Sky Princess on the 13th May, in a day and a halves time and I Just noticed that I need a Jacket dry cleaned. I don't want to chance next day cleaning here in my village in case it is not ready to pick up tomorrow..

Does any one know  if there's a dry cleaning (rather than laundry) service aboard and if so how much for a Mans Suit jacket to be dry cleaned?

Thanks in advance

This is not my photo ( sorry it might be fuzzy )and the price may be different than what’s on the Sky Princess,but they do indeed have laundry and dry cleaning that you can send out. I would expect if you turn in your jacket the first day of the cruise you might have it back in two days. I’m assuming you’re not elite otherwise you would know about the complimentary dry cleaning .

DD733BB4-8B22-42A4-9CF0-532DEE5F1733.jpeg

52 minutes ago, RNRcruisers said:

Disappointing to hear about the lack of seating in the lounges. That is one of our favorite parts of cruising. IMO that is a huge problem caused by adding private/pay areas and decreasing public areas. I guess I better move Sky down my list 😪

We had that problem with RCI last October. Too many venues that were too small for a ship of 3500 passengers.

It meant that we ended up in the same few areas each evening because we don't like early dining.

10 minutes ago, Glide said:

@arizonaperson

Thankyou for the reply. 

No wer are not Elite - It's Our first time with Princess

xxx

This is my laundry/dry cleaning form ,so I expect 2023 prices to be different than this ,but  I would say for a suit jacket under $10 for current prices. Don’t know if UK cruises they charge in US dollars ,but at least you have an option if you couldn’t get your suit jacket cleaned already .B4C3CEBD-A207-44DF-AFDF-2D49458041B6.thumb.jpeg.bf75ce473436c5e91f4d743aceb1883c.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 11:35 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I hope they get these issues ironed out, both for your sake AND ours!  We are on the next sailing!

Ship is just out of dry dock, never ideal sailing after drydock

57 minutes ago, antsp said:

Just heard that the Sky has had a Medivac 

Yes off the coast of Brest. Let’s hope the poor soul who was evacuated recovers.

All aft cabins were cleared in zone 7 for the helicopter pick up. Some folks were not up and dressed so left in their bath robes. Thankfully I was showered and dressed as we heard the first message, the world does not need to see me in my jammies!😀

For those on the next cruise the Captain has said it won’t affect timings as he can catch up enough to get into Southampton as planned on time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2023 at 6:00 PM, lucas34 said:

Would anyone be kind enough to take a picture of Sky Princess' senior ship staff board? I am looking who is currently the Food&Beverage Manager and the Executive Chef?

Food and beverage director - Clara Lachaine

Executive Chef- Naveen Quadros

22 hours ago, Glide said:

We had that problem with RCI last October. Too many venues that were too small for a ship of 3500 passengers.

It meant that we ended up in the same few areas each evening because we don't like early dining.

Yeah we also had that issue on NCL Encore. Bad enough that we said never again. I worry that it will become a more common issue with the newer ships of all lines.

@Eglesbrech Do you know how much longer the cruise director Paul will be onboard? Also is it possible that you could take a picture of the portal screen that has all of the current officers onboard. Much appreciated.

Edited by Jeter02

The internet is now provided by Starlink and we were seeing around 2.5-3Mbps down. Very reliable, no up and down speeds. I’ve seen speculation on another thread that the speed is throttled so that everyone gets more or less the same service all the time rather than one person being able to hog all the bandwidth. 

I managed to stream tv on my iPad with only a few buffering pauses. Very happy with the internet on board. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tacticalbanjo said:

The internet is now provided by Starlink and we were seeing around 2.5-3Mbps down. Very reliable, no up and down speeds. I’ve seen speculation on another thread that the speed is throttled so that everyone gets more or less the same service all the time rather than one person being able to hog all the bandwidth. 

I managed to stream tv on my iPad with only a few buffering pauses. Very happy with the internet on board. 

Great to hear this.  Thanks

Cheers

Just back myself. Nice break overall, and we met some fantastic people who we'll hope to catch up with again. 

Good:

- inside cabin, big space for hanging clothes with plenty of hangers, small but well laid out bathroom, nice space each side of bed, tv with decent enough live/movie/show selection

- MDR only went in twice, but seated and served quickly, decent choice and food

- some great, fun staff who joined in with our mad tribe

- enjoyable comedian (only saw first one), a ventriloquist, and Spotlight Bar production show

Not as good:

- as mentioned elsewhere, trying to get a seat in venues was quite often impossible (as bad as our experience on RC), so we missed out on a few things we'd have joined in with

- service for drinks was slow at bars, almost non-existent out on deck (except from our lads out the back) 

First Princess. Our best cruise experience. No. Put off? No, we just enjoy being away 🙂 Would we go Princess again? Sure. 

We are just off this one too. We got seats in Vines when wanted, Take 5 most nights after dinner and the Mix and Wakeview bars never had a wait when we were there. Ordering from the app was slow though, if it ever showed up. Admittedly when there was any 'events' on in the piazza we watched from 6 or 7

Queued the first night for Estrella, but then our waiter suggested we ask the hostess to book the same one each night, we did and never queued again as we would be seen and just told it was ready.

Overall cannot complain about the ship, the staff were all excellent as was the food, however, the location of The Catch is terrible. We were sat, but then there was no chance of a conversation due to the noise from the piazza, so we were moved to Crown Grill instead. It was handled well but we won't chose to dine there again unless it's closed off some how.

13 minutes ago, Devoncruiser82 said:

I think 11pm but we would go up there in the afternoon usually. Though it wasn't the warmest trip. 

we are off to the top of Norway in June...Summer Solstice...would be great to be able to dress up warm and grab a whiskey and see the Midnight sun   ......us Cornish beys love a late night 🙂

8 minutes ago, gah_cruise said:

we are off to the top of Norway in June...Summer Solstice...would be great to be able to dress up warm and grab a whiskey and see the Midnight sun   ......us Cornish beys love a late night 🙂

Ha, enjoy! You can probs pick them up in Take 5 or Princess Live and take them up or order on the app.