[Equinox] Brown water from stateroom faucet

6 minutes ago, CelebrityBrownWater said:

An honest statement of what happened, what was in the water, and an apology would be a good start.

I am glad you and all the others on board made it through this ordeal. Again, did you ask any nearby cabin mates if they had an issue? Did it run clear after letting it run a while? I wouldn’t have put up with it for long myself. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I am glad you and all the others on board made it through this ordeal. Again, did you ask any nearby cabin mates if they had an issue? Did it run clear after letting it run a while? I wouldn’t have put up with it for long myself. 

I brought it up with a couple neighbors and fellow poker players, and felt pretty terrible, like I was putting a downer on their vacation. Those I talked to had not experienced the same issue. But, they were most likely off the boat at the time, since it was a port day and the gangplank was dropped at 8am.

After that i just tried my best to not think about it for the rest of the trip. It was our honeymoon and we were determined not to let this completely ruin things. Until day 9 we still thought celebrity would do the right thing. That was before we talked to the higher ups. 

The water was running clear again by the time they finished running the water for an hour or so.  Most likely it had been running clear for awhile before they stopped. We did not use the sink water for the rest of the trip, though I did check from time to time and did not notice the issue after day 5. 

Glad it was resolved after an hour or so. At the most, I would have asked for bottled water if I didn't have a beverage package that included it. Happens at home too when there is a water line break or a hydrant is flushed. If it is going to be a long outage they set up water buffalo's in a convenient area. 

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Glad it was resolved after an hour or so. At the most, I would have asked for bottled water if I didn't have a beverage package that included it. Happens at home too when there is a water line break or a hydrant is flushed. If it is going to be a long outage they set up water buffalo's in a convenient area. 

Water bottles were demanded immediately and provided. 

Edited by CelebrityBrownWater

So, a single occurrence where  the problem cleared up within an hour, bottled water was provided when you asked for it, you were offered OBC, you now know what likely caused the issue, and you are still stewing about it?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, mom says said:

So, a single occurrence where  the problem cleared up within an hour, bottled water was provided when you asked for it, you were offered OBC, you now know what likely caused the issue, and you are still stewing about it?

I know what likely caused the issue because of a single helpful individual in this community. Not because of celebrity. After being told it was rust. After being told it was from flushing the lines. After they denied everything and insinuated I was lying. After the cruise.

OBC means nothing to me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mom says said:

Another thing to note, if you’re willing to admit it likely happened. If this substance was coming into our room, it was almost certainly happening elsewhere. At one point they even said “it’s not just you, it’s happening everywhere.”

Think about that. And ask yourself why they switched to denial at the end. 

Not knowing what the brown substance was, I spent way too much time on this cruise wondering if the same potable water is used for other essential things like cooking and cleaning.

You’re right, we only witnessed the issue ourselves for “less than an hour”. That may give you the warm fuzzies, but it did little to comfort me or my wife during the second half of our cruise.

Are we dead or sick? Not yet.

Did we swallow something harmful? I hope not. Probably not.

Did we and possibly others consume a mystery brown substance? Yes.

Did celebrity do a good job handling this situation? Decide for yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got off 19 days on Equinox and no problems with water - looked and tasted fine.  Probably one circuit that they had been working on. Same thing happens at home if I work on a line.  Just run it for a while and it clears up.

Did have toilet water inlet valve leaking.  Came close to overflowing five times but never actually did.  Plumber checked it first day I reported it and said just flush again (didn't help).  Have had overflows before and a pain for the steward to clean up.

TV remote didn't work on several days - could change channel only once every two minutes.  Worked better after I beat on it for a while to slide the batteries around.  Would have changed batteries myself but they have the compartment locked with a security screw.  Worked fine for steward.  However internet was pretty poor when this was going on so could have easily been satellite issues.

Cruise was one of the calmest, smoothest sailings we have had since restart.  Great friendly crew always around and cleaning.  Good food (although why donuts at lunch instead of breakfast didn't make much sense).  Senior officers always around.  Lower than normal chair hogs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Just got off 19 days on Equinox and no problems with water - looked and tasted fine.  Probably one circuit that they had been working on. Same thing happens at home if I work on a line.  Just run it for a while and it clears up.

Did have toilet water inlet valve leaking.  Came close to overflowing five times but never actually did.  Plumber checked it first day I reported it and said just flush again (didn't help).  Have had overflows before and a pain for the steward to clean up.

TV remote didn't work on several days - could change channel only once every two minutes.  Worked better after I beat on it for a while to slide the batteries around.  Would have changed batteries myself but they have the compartment locked with a security screw.  Worked fine for steward.  However internet was pretty poor when this was going on so could have easily been satellite issues.

Cruise was one of the calmest, smoothest sailings we have had since restart.  Great friendly crew always around and cleaning.  Good food (although why donuts at lunch instead of breakfast didn't make much sense).  Senior officers always around.  Lower than normal chair hogs.

We wondered the same thing about the donuts, lol. 

I concur. Aside from the brown water and other less worrisome stateroom issues, the cruise was pretty great.  I think my wife and I even used the word “perfect” for the first few days of our honeymoon.

Unfortunately the cruise lasted 10 days.

32 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What about the other issues you experienced that you said in your initial post? 

fairly minor stuff like the tv not working. Toilet not flushing. AC barely cooling the room on embarkation day. Water on ground around toilet. Steward leaving obvious trash items like discarded wrappers and empty drink glasses on counter, etc. 

Our veranda stateroom was not updated, like some of the nicer rooms on this ship. and it was certainly showing its age. 

8 minutes ago, CelebrityBrownWater said:

fairly minor stuff like the tv not working. Toilet not flushing. AC barely cooling the room on embarkation day. Water on ground around toilet. Steward leaving obvious trash items like discarded wrappers and empty drink glasses on counter, etc. 

Our veranda stateroom was not updated, like some of the nicer rooms on this ship. and it was certainly showing its age. 

I realize that, but I was wondering how the other issues were handled that you stated in your first post. All you've mentioned in your follow up posts is the brown water. 

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

I realize that, but I was wondering how the other issues were handled that you stated in your first post. All you've mentioned in your follow up posts is the brown water. 

Ah, sorry. 

We did not complain about any of the minor issues beyond reporting the toilet stuff to our steward. Frankly, trying to deal with customer relations was the worst part of our trip, so we were not inclined to report these other issues. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, CelebrityBrownWater said:

Ah, sorry. 

We did not complain about any of the minor issues beyond reporting the toilet stuff to our steward. Frankly, trying to deal with customer relations was the worst part of our trip, so we were not inclined to report these other issues. 

But now you've become part of the problem, not the solution. So the next guest, like you will have to deal with tv not working, AC barely cooling the room and a lazy stateroom attendant. Hopefully you mentioned and rated accordingly on your PCS. 

Just now, davekathy said:

But now you've become part of the problem, not the solution. So the next guest, like you will have to deal with tv not working, AC barely cooling the room and a lazy stateroom attendant. Hopefully you mentioned and rated accordingly on your PCS. 

Sorry, I wasn’t going to spend even more hours of my vacation struggling with customer relations. Not even for you, random stranger on the internet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CelebrityBrownWater said:

Sorry, I wasn’t going to spend even more hours of my vacation struggling with customer relations. Not even for you, random stranger on the internet.

Nice attitude! 🙃You come on CC and whine about your problems. 🤣 Simple phone call or a request to speak with the HD. Well worth it to me. 

Edited by davekathy

12 minutes ago, CelebrityBrownWater said:

I know, the audacity of someone being critical of their cruise on…. Cruise Critic.

You being critical of your cruise had nothing to do with my comment. My point was pay it forward. Apparently the last guest that had your stateroom had the same attitude you did. Karma. 🤣 How's the staff to know when something is broken or doesn't work or work properly if we all don't address the issue(s) to the correct people. 

Edited by davekathy

20 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You being critical of your cruise had nothing to do with my comment. My point was pay it forward. Apparently the last guest that had your stateroom had the same attitude you did. Karma. 🤣 

We complained about the major issue we encountered, not the small ones. If your take away is that we didn’t complain enough, well….. ok.

You also seem to take pleasure in our misfortune. Careful, I’m not sure if you actually know how karma works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CelebrityBrownWater said:

We complained about the major issue we encountered, not the small ones. If you’re take away is that we didn’t complain enough, well….. ok.

You also seem to take pleasure in our misfortune. Careful, I’m not sure if you actually know how karma works.

Your assumption is wrong. I (we) believe if it's broke, get it fixed. We don't accept broken or not working properly at home so we aren't going to just live with it on a cruise. No matter how major or minor for the entire length of the cruise. That's how we roll but I shouldn't expect others to do the same. Luckily for us no matter the cruise line we've never experienced all the issues you did on one cruise. Maybe a burned out light bulb or a squeaky balcony door when opening or closing. But they were reported and fixed. Maybe your next Celebrity cruise will be without issue. 

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Your assumption is wrong. I (we) believe if it's broke, get it fixed. We don't accept broken or not working properly at home so we aren't going to just live with it on a cruise. No matter how major or minor for the entire length of the cruise. That's how we roll but I shouldn't expect others to do the same. Luckily for us no matter the cruise line we've never experienced all the issues you did on one cruise. Maybe a burned out light bulb or a squeaky balcony door when opening or closing. But they were reported and fixed. Maybe your next Celebrity cruise will be without issue. 

It may sound ludicrous to you, davekathy, but I never considered blaming the previous guests for my stateroom issues. I doubt I will next time either.

If they found something wrong their cabin, nobody (including davekathy) would be shaking their fist at the sky yelling "damn you, previous guest"!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CelebrityBrownWater said:

It may sound ludicrous to you, davekathy, but I never considered blaming the previous guests for my stateroom issues. I doubt I will next time either.

Ludicrous, no. Not amusing at all. I consider it helping out the stateroom attendant if something got over looked that will effect our comfort and enjoyment of the stateroom and cruise and the next guest.  Paying it forward. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1