Passengers in Suites

39 minutes ago, Gitana said:

Can suite passengers go into Diamond Lounge or only Concierge Lounge?  Thanks!

Gitana

Only the concierge lounge unless they are also Diamond status. We watched the Diamond lounge concierge politely move a suite guest out of the lounge on Harmony last fall for that very reason.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

on oasis id rather be on 17 enjoying the view than deck 4 next to the ice rink anyway 🙂 im guessing other ships have better views from the diamond location.

Yes, DL is much nicer when it’s up in the Viking Crown on smaller classes.

On Oasis class I mostly only go down to the basement for the coffee machine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, topnole said:

This is true, but even still the SL is nicer on Allure.  

We are diamond plus and stay in suites , only time I will go to diamond lounge is if it’s closer to our suite to get coffee ️ in the morning. Diamond plus used to have access to concierge lounge also but I think that stopped on most ships.

12 minutes ago, George C said:

We are diamond plus and stay in suites , only time I will go to diamond lounge is if it’s closer to our suite to get coffee ️ in the morning. Diamond plus used to have access to concierge lounge also but I think that stopped on most ships.

Yes.   That is the nice benefit of being both diamond and in a suite.  Sometimes one lounge is more convenient for coffee or what ever else.  

I recall when the current Allure Diamond Lounge was the concierge lounge.  When we finally hit D+ we went to it and of course we loved it.  And you could get a limited lunch there with free beer and wine at lunch.  Our next time on Allure it was the diamond lounge and lunch was gone (and those free beers at lunch obviously).  As nice as it now for a diamond lounge, we were very spoiled when we had the old DL above the promenade and the concierge lounge (now the DL) on that one cruise.  

Obviously, on Allure being in a suite, the SL/CK is much nicer than the old concierge lounge.  

• Like 3

I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing the Diamond Lounge, yet, as we just earned it on our last cruise.  But, we do cruise Star (fact, not bragging) about 60+% of our RCCL cruises.  I'm looking forward to doing both the Diamond Lounge and the Suite Lounge/CK this coming Jan on the Harmony.  Hopefully sooner if we find an itinerary we like before then and a category we like.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing the Diamond Lounge, yet, as we just earned it on our last cruise.  But, we do cruise Star (fact, not bragging) about 60+% of our RCCL cruises.  I'm looking forward to doing both the Diamond Lounge and the Suite Lounge/CK this coming Jan on the Harmony.  Hopefully sooner if we find an itinerary we like before then and a category we like.

I normally book grand but sooner or later i will royal up to star . I do book higher end suites on celebrity but always suites on both. My like the free photos we get with diamond have a dozen or so of those . We are looking forward to harmony in November from Galveston.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

Not sure where your cabin will be on Harmony, but you will probably be one and done at the DL.  The SL is just much better.   I think I walked in their once in my times on Harmony (always been on a CLS on Harmony).  Of course, stop by and see for yourself how you like it.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, topnole said:

Not sure where your cabin will be on Harmony, but you will probably be one and done at the DL.  The SL is just much better.   I think I walked in their once in my times on Harmony (always been on a CLS on Harmony).  Of course, stop by and see for yourself how you like it.  

Aqua A2

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Don’t like movie night starting at 9 and showing a 145 minute Jurassic park…hopefully the noise doesn’t enter the room. 

This will be my second cruise in an Aquat Theater Suite.  The first time, on the Allure, the noise was never an issue and I'm a light sleeper.  The only minor issue, not for me, was the couple that slept in the living room said that the lights strobing and such did bother them a little. Apparently, the curtains didn't completely block out the bright lights.  

1 minute ago, topnole said:

Those are my favorite, but haven’t done one on Harmony.  I believe the set up is different than Oasis and Allure.   I love A2 on those two.  

Well, if you don't cruise in one on Harmony before Jan 2024, I'll give you a report/review.  I've stayed in Star Lofts, 4 bedroom Family Villa, and Aqua.  I can say that Aqua is my favorite.  But, the Family Villa was very nice with the Spa and wet bar on the balcony.   

22 hours ago, Gitana said:

Can suite passengers go into Diamond Lounge or only Concierge Lounge?  Thanks!

Gitana

Diamond Lounge is literally for Diamonds (and up) in the Crown and Anchor program only.  If you have earned Diamond status and above in that loyalty program...of course you are allowed in.  

If you have not joined that program...by all means sign up...costs nothing to do so.  Enjoy your cruise.  🙂 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Diamond Lounge is literally for Diamonds

Some rude Diamond members have also been known to slip into the SL when the DL coffee machine was broken just to grab some cappuccino to-go. The nerve of some people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Some rude Diamond members have also been known to slip into the SL when the DL coffee machine was broken just to grab some cappuccino to-go. The nerve of some people.

OH no...tell me it ain't so!!   😲🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Do not all DL give coffee cards out when the machine is broken? We were on Liberty recently and the machine was broken and the Diamond Concierge gave out cards to get coffee/espresso/cappuccino elsewhere.  

This was the first time we experienced a broken machine in the DL.

Edited by TheBucketLister

59 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

Do not all DL give coffee cards out when the machine is broken? We were on Liberty recently and the machine was broken and the Diamond Concierge gave out cards to get coffee/espresso/cappuccino elsewhere.  

Nope. The process seems to be different every time it happens. Sometimes cards, sometimes paper coupons, sometimes “go to cafe and say you are Diamond, sometimes SL. 

1 hour ago, TheBucketLister said:

This was a very temporary breakdown; it was fixed by the next day. I have read about the various scenarios already mentioned though. Glad I've never had to go through a full week of the machine not working.

What's the draw for the D Lounge Coffee?  Is it better coffee than what is offered elsewhere?  Is it because it's in a somewhat exclusive lounge?  How many venues that serve included coffee are passed on the way to the D Lounge?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Edited in;  BTW, that's an honest question, no agenda or trying to be a wise guy.  

Edited by Ret MP

8 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

What's the draw for the D Lounge Coffee?  Is it better coffee than what is offered elsewhere?  Is it because it's in a somewhat exclusive lounge?  How many venues that serve included coffee are passed on the way to the D Lounge?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Edited in;  BTW, that's an honest question, no agenda or trying to be a wise guy.  

You can get espresso based drinks... lattes, cappuccino, etc. It's a self-serve machine not just a giant coffee dispenser like elsewhere on the ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2