HAL's Laundry Service

mcrcruiser

My DW loves the way her blouses come back o hangers from a HAL laundry .Other items nicely folded . On our recent Celebrity cruises the laundry came back in the bag not like HAL .Although we got free laundry on  Celebrity ,we prefer paying &v get the way HAL send it back  .That was the only downside of our cruises on Celebrity 

Edited by mcrcruiser

• mcrcruiser changed the title to HAL's Laundry Service
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, lextsy said:

Does anyone know if they do cold water only laundry?

Yes they do.  Just put it in the comments section.  If you just need certain things in cold - I circle them and put it in my comments with a circe aroud the cold.  Has worked for me just fine 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ocean sounds said:

Do they have low dryer temp?   We don’t use high heat on our clothes. 

Yes - just put it in your comments and it will be done.  I’ve never had a problem.

• Like 3

On 5/22/2023 at 3:10 AM, crystalspin said:

They will even air-dry things!

Good to know.  

My guess is if you request air drying, it might take an additional day, but I like idea of cold water and air dry.  None of my stuff sees the inside of a dryer and only a few things of DW.  

• Like 4

Wow, that really sounds terrific. I don’t like to put my things in the dryer either. Could someone explain how you go about telling them to air dry? You just write it in the comments?  And how long does it take to get those things returned?  I get free laundry, and my partner uses it like crazy but I always hesitate being afraid my clothes are going to be beat up and shrunk.  This would make a world of difference for me, as I am going on longer cruises in the next year.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, HollDoll said:

Wow, that really sounds terrific. I don’t like to put my things in the dryer either. Could someone explain how you go about telling them to air dry? You just write it in the comments?  And how long does it take to get those things returned?  I get free laundry, and my partner uses it like crazy but I always hesitate being afraid my clothes are going to be beat up and shrunk.  This would make a world of difference for me, as I am going on longer cruises in the next year.

Just write it in the comments.  If there’s only certain things you want air dried - just circle the items and then write in the comments that the circled items need to be air dried please.

I don’t ask for air dry so can’t tell you about turnaround time but I do ask for cold water and low heat for many of my items and they are all done accordingly.  I’ve had no clothes shrink on a HAL cruise 👍 

• Like 4

We had the Unlimited Laundry pkg on our 21 day Rotterdam cruise this past Feb/Mar. I asked the cabin attendant for an extra laundry bag, and then would write cold water/air dry on one of the order sheets for that whole bag. Worked great. We sent several bags of laundry and had no problems. We noted the laundry service specifically on the post-cruise survey, because it was so good! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Agree, HAL does a great job with the laundry.  I wish they would add laundry to their HIA pkg, we would be more inclined to purchase HIA if unlimited laundry was included.  On a recent 14 days onboard NS, we had our laundry sent out 3-4 times, never had an issue.  Loved the way they hung things on hangers, then had a basket for folded items.  

Just remember those tags they attach- I find them when we are out & about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Banditswife said:

Agree, HAL does a great job with the laundry.  I wish they would add laundry to their HIA pkg, we would be more inclined to purchase HIA if unlimited laundry was included...

LOVE their laundry service!!

Am aligned on wishing it would be offered in HIA; suspect it isn't because it represents actual hard cost expense for HAL (labor doing the laundry, resources for water/fuel/soap/etc) vs potential profit from overinflated prices of drinks/drinks not used on drink packages...see where I'm going here?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Banditswife said:

I love when I have something washed on the ship and then not wear it again onboard. When I’m home and end up wearing it again days,weeks,months later, I find that little tag and it brings a smile to my face!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cruisin'mama said:

I love when I have something washed on the ship and then not wear it again onboard. When I’m home and end up wearing it again days,weeks,months later, I find that little tag and it brings a smile to my face!

Me Too! 🙂

14 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

4 and 5 star Mariners get free laundry service.  Maybe that's why it's not in the HIA pkg?

Don't think that's why - 5* also receive some internet and dinners, yet both internet & specialty dining are part of HIA pkg. 

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Don't think that's why - 5* also receive some internet and dinners, yet both internet & specialty dining are part of HIA pkg. 

I hope they don’t add it.  If they do, we will wait days for the laundry to come back.  😉. I’m basing that on my experience with specialty dining with HIA prevalent on a cruise - getting a dinner reservation on board for specialty dining took some sweet talking when we succeeded and was for naught in a many cases. (And yes we had pre-booked some but there was very little to be had - so much for 5* benefits)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, cruisin'mama said:

Looks like they are changing tags to one's that go through your clothing, like price tags, and you have to cut them off. Some of the ship passengers have reported it. Not sure why.  Everyone should be complaining as the sticky tags worked fine. 

3 minutes ago, REOVA said:

Looks like they are changing tags to one's that go through your clothing, like price tags, and you have to cut them off. Some of the ship passengers have reported it. Not sure why.  Everyone should be complaining as the sticky tags worked fine. 

While the sticky tags sometimes hang around a little too long (ie they stick really well, lol), I don't want anything poked through the fabric. That is definitely not progress, if it's more than just a test. And if it's a trial/test, I'm with you that people Ned to make their displeasure known. That's one test that needs to fail.

Edited by Haljo1935

10 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

While the sticky tags sometimes hang around a little too long (ie they stick really well, lol), I don't want anything poked through the fabric. That is definitely not progress, if it's more than just a test. And if it's a trial/test, I'm with you that people Ned to make their displeasure known. That's one test that needs to fail.

This is what someone posted 😒

FB_IMG_1685241442340.jpg

9 minutes ago, REOVA said:

This is what someone posted 😒

FB_IMG_1685241442340.jpg

Wiping brow - not what I pictured when you said they had to be cut off, so I feel a bit better. I've had them use those on bras and some sheer fabrics. They're actually staples with the paper looped around a belt loop, for example, and you just cut or tear the paper. Nothing pokes through the fabric.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, QuattroRomeo said:

We had the Unlimited Laundry pkg on our 21 day Rotterdam cruise this past Feb/Mar. I asked the cabin attendant for an extra laundry bag, and then would write cold water/air dry on one of the order sheets for that whole bag. Worked great. We sent several bags of laundry and had no problems. We noted the laundry service specifically on the post-cruise survey, because it was so good! 🙂

We are first time HAL cruisers and are thinking of buying the laundry package for our 35 night cruise in February. The website states wash, dry and fold however others have said their clothes come back ironed! Will we have to purchase the separate pressing package too or are the clothes pressed in the unlimited laundry package? 

24 minutes ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

We are first time HAL cruisers and are thinking of buying the laundry package for our 35 night cruise in February. The website states wash, dry and fold however others have said their clothes come back ironed! Will we have to purchase the separate pressing package too or are the clothes pressed in the unlimited laundry package? 

Welcome to HAL!!

You will not have to purchase the pressing pkg in addition to the laundry pkg; laundry includes pressing. You designate if you want clothes folded or hung; you can mix in each order so what needs to be hung gets hung and what you want folded gets folded.

They sell the pressing pkg (you can also do it by the piece) for items that are clean and just need to lose their wrinkles.

HAL does a great job w/laundry. They will accommodate special requests such as don't dry this item but do dry these or wash these in cold water, for example. I appreciate the special hand written notes that come back w/the clean clothes and always tip them at the end of the cruise.

Also, unless you really need something expedited, no need to pay for same day service  - if you have it out by breakfast you usually get it back same day w/no additional fee.

Edited by Haljo1935
  • Like 1