What's the 1 thing you have to eat in the Carnivals main dining room at least once while on your cruise if offered?

Thad409

Escargot, Indian Vegetarian, Lasagna Bolognese, Cheese Plate

Things everyone else likes that I do not - WMC, lobster, Guy's Burgers, and the ice cream machine (I know these aren't all MDR, but I'm just saying!)

On 5/10/2023 at 12:29 PM, Frank12 said:

That Salmon Coulibiac is the BOMB!!

I’ve made salmon Wellington at home. It’s really easy with frozen puff pastry. It’s really delicious. If it’s still on Carnivals menu I’ll definitely try it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Baked Alaska (I will seriously throw a fit if I don't get it since I can't get it at home)

Creme Brulee

Tiramisu

Cocktail Shrimp

I've seen baked Alaska several times on this thread, what is it exactly. I may have to try it

1 hour ago, Thad409 said:

I've seen baked Alaska several times on this thread, what is it exactly. I may have to try it

Neopolitan ice cream, (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry) covered with a thin layer of sponge cake and then enrobed in  meringue which is blow torched.

On 5/23/2023 at 10:16 AM, jetteh22 said:

I get Shrimp Cocktail every day from MDR cause I like the shrimp cocktails with the smaller shrimp. I do NOT like the steakhouse's jumbo shrimp cocktail! 

But the one thing that I really will ALWAYS suggest to people are the Strawberry Bisque - it's SO good. 

I make the strawberry bisque at home all the time. Very easy.  Google it.  I usually cut recipe in 1/2 and keep a bowl in the fridge-take out every now and then for a few spoonfuls!  I defrost strawberries about 1/2 way first and double sugar (add a bit at a time per your taste) 

9 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I make the strawberry bisque at home all the time. Very easy.  Google it.  I usually cut recipe in 1/2 and keep a bowl in the fridge-take out every now and then for a few spoonfuls!  I defrost strawberries about 1/2 way first and double sugar (add a bit at a time per your taste) 

My DH's favorite!  I will also Google this.  

22 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Neopolitan ice cream, (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry) covered with a thin layer of sponge cake and then enrobed in  meringue which is blow torched.

Im in a 100%

I had the strawberry bisque on my first cruise in 2002 and fell in love with it. It's my "food memory" from that cruise. Fast forward to booking my second cruise for January 2024 cruise - I noticed it's still on the menu and do a little happy dance! 

• Like 1

Chicken quesadilla

Crab cakes

Alligator beignets (Although they resemble no beignet I am familiar with. Really they are more like fritters.)

Filet mignon from elegant night

Shrimp creole

Lasagna Bolognese 

Jerk pork tenderloin

Bitter n Blanc (And if you don't get the hype, just know that it used to be much better before they took it away and then brought it back with a slightly different recipe. It's still good though.)

And there are many more, but these are off the top of my head. Is it bad that I'm kind of sad my next cruise is on the Mardi Gras and I won't be eating in the MDR as much? I know I COULD, but I really want to try the new included places like Chibang and there just aren't enough nights on a 7 night cruise lol.

I really shouldn’t have read this thread just before I have to get up and make dinner. 

that baby spinach salad…. Idk why but I love it. Warm chocolate melting cake, and hope it’s right in the middle, not to loose, not over baked. 

On 5/29/2023 at 10:53 PM, DPTexas said:

Favs are:  the mussels, crab cake, short ribs (definitely), chocolate penna cotta (delicious beyond words so I search for it on the Hub menus), the root vegetable pie/tart (I search this entree, too), and the cold soups (appetizer or dessert).  I try to eat 1-2 vegetarian dinners each week, so I really enjoy the root vegetable pie/tart.  I tried the Indian vegetarian dish in January when we sailed on the Panorama, but it was too spicy for me.  We enjoy eating in the MDR and find a great variety of delicious choices.  

I love the root vegetable pie on the Freedom which serves it as a pie crust filled with a puréed veggie concoction. On the Pride, it is not puréed but original veggie form and not as much to my liking.

On 5/31/2023 at 1:39 PM, Indiansbaseball said:

I used to love the Baked Ziti. It was in an Alfredo sauce. Now it is in a red sauce and it’s terrible. The ribs were really good last cruise. I love the broccoli soup, the spring rolls, the fried mozzarella! Yummm…I’m getting hungry 🤤 

That's disappointing. I'm going on Carnival next year and was looking forward to this as the pictures I've seen online show it with alfredo sauce.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 12:55 PM, Ideb said:

That's disappointing. I'm going on Carnival next year and was looking forward to this as the pictures I've seen online show it with alfredo sauce.

I keep writing Carnival asking for it to go back to the Alfredo ! Fingers crossed.