Carnival Venezia maiden voyage live

All caught up. The prelude to the cruise was very interesting and informative. In not well traveled so I really enjoyed seeing pictures that were picture perfect. Thank you for generously taking the time to share all this.

I can't even imagine what's in store once the cruise starts but can't wait!

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for taking us along on this journey. I appreciate all of the pictures of places I'll never see. One thing I notice is there no litter. Makes me so sad how our country doesn't care or take pride in our surroundings. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Looking like Intrepid will be one of the lucky ones to board the ship with luggage…EM

I have solid men's tshirts, a variety of colors,  top quality,  never seen a Carnival laundry episode,  XL. $50, meet me on Lido (you'd look silly at one of the bars shirtless).

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Getaway lunch before my 2pm, 2-hr train to Barcelona,  Japanese combo, steal at 18 euros, I thought. 

20230527_064608.jpg

Looks very tasty and a bargain!  Kinda balances out last night's dinner, which looked SUPERB!😁

• Like 2

In total,  I took 11 train trips in France,  the last one just ended in Spain. Their system is efficient and easy to use for a non-French-speaker. One train was 5 minutes late,  the others left their stations precisely at the minute on the ticket.  Some trains have wifi, some have charging stations,  some have usb or 220 volt power for each seat. Some TGV have bars. The train stations are clean and uniform in layout,  signage,  etc. So after your second train you really get into a rythm. If you've never been to Europe I highly recommend France . After Italy. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

22 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Speaking of Monty Python's Holy Grail, these ramparts remind me of Sir Galahad,  Brave Sir Robin and the rest asking the French to join them in their quest for the Holy Grail, to which the French reply with insults instead of archers. My favorite was "MAY YOUR ARMPITS BE INFESTED BY THE FLEAS OF A THOUSAND CAMELS!"

20230526_063631.jpg

Mine was "I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.” 🤣

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Mine was "I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.” 🤣

Oh wait! I forgot about "I fart in your general direction", that is my favorite!  It just comes from out of nowhere in Brian's mother's voice (diff movie I know).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

In total,  I took 11 train trips in France,  the last one just ended in Spain. Their system is efficient and easy to use for a non-French-speaker. One train was 5 minutes late,  the others left their stations precisely at the minute on the ticket.  Some trains have wifi, some have charging stations,  some have usb or 220 volt power for each seat. Some TGV have bars. The train stations are clean and uniform in layout,  signage,  etc. So after your second train you really get into a rythm. If you've never been to Europe I highly recommend France . After Italy. 

And after Germany.  But I’m biased, as I lived there three years.  Took the trains, too.  EM

3 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Following along with you makes me want to hop on a plane and get out there.   I am not a foodie at all though so not sure what I’d eat 😀

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Following along with you makes me want to hop on a plane and get out there.   I am not a foodie at all though so not sure what I’d eat 😀

I saw a Taco Bell on Ramblas in Barcelona today.  Bon appetit. 😁 🏴‍☠️

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Whew! I do a lot of research on restaurants and usually any surprises are on the upside,  marginally. Tonight I was so conflicted while WOWing at my drink and both dishes.  I  thought to myself "I have been to Spain 3 times and France 5 times before and France outdid Spain for food by a longshot, how can this be so amazing,  doesn't taste like any Spanish food I had before"  I was prepared to admit tonight's dinner at RAO was top five meals on this trip,  maybe top 3, and maybe my thoughts on pecking order of European foods needs  to be reexamined. Then I chatted up the maitre d and noticed he had a French accent.  Imagine my surprise when he said the chef is from Lyon! He and the chef are partners and co-owners. AMAZING scallops,  you can see how perfectly they are cooked,  and octopus heaven.  The SAUCES were both sublime and exciting.  The scallops were in a sweet potato sauce and I don't even like sweet potatoes but it was magical,  I don't know what he added to the sweet potato but it didn't taste like sweet potato at all. I'm running out of superlatives... just get on a jet and eat here!  The passion fruit mojito was fresh and boozy like I like'm!

20230527_135106.jpg

20230527_133811.jpg

20230527_140536.jpg

20230527_135308.jpg

20230527_132831.jpg

20230527_132850.jpg

20230527_133322.jpg

20230527_133030.jpg

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 12