Carnival Venezia maiden voyage live

I have enjoyed reading about your trip in France and Barcelona.  Eze and St. Paul de Vence were some of my favorites.  Will have to try Rao if I ever get back to Barcelona.  

Would love to hear what you did in Lisbon.  Keep the posts coming!

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Drink? I'm two screwdrivers, two bloody marys, and three fun ships in so you may not get a better opportunity...until the next sea day at least. I have cheers so I'm a cheap date.

Wow, I didn't get that, I had to hunt you down! 😁

• Haha 2

I just wanted to chime in here, wouldn’t have, but just wanted to let you know how much your work is appreciated.     I’ve been lurking on all the threads but particularly yours.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer and on the 23rd I had a double mastectomy.   For some reason brain fog has kept me from fully appreciating tv binging or book reading but traveling to a fun place away has been just the thing.  I even shared with my friend who just moved to Europe.  Anyway, 7C9250EC-8E4A-4845-9292-AC9EB01A4AEA.thumb.jpeg.ff683b21bb034811408b6375881f7ad2.jpegyour thread has been part of my recovery and I am so thankful to have it!   Also, my pathology came back negative so I’m done this journey and am booking a more fun one, a European cruise next!   Thanks for taking me along!  

• Like 40

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

...I’m trying the best I can but I’m nearing the end of this effort. But there’s definitely a real piece of spit in this thread sitting behind a keyboard judging people. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts and pictures and appreciate the time and thought you invest in them. 🕑 📷  

Glad you make it back on board safely each day and choose to continue to hit "submit" on a very regular basis. 📖 📕 📘 📗 

Sending you happy thoughts and a big hug, if you're a hugger. I'm not a hugger, but will do it when situation calls for it,  lol, so no offense if you want to delete them, lol. 🤗🤷🫂 hugging emojis are limited on my phone - this was the best I could find.

Continued safe travels and an enjoyable cruise!

🙈🙉🙊

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts and pictures and appreciate the time and thought you invest in them. 🕑 📷  

I may have posted this on the wrong thread. If so, crud and apologies. 

But @Saint Greg I have enjoyed and appreciate your posts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lazydayz said:

Would love an update.  I really enjoy your live reviews 

Me too! I am a total lurker and not poster but really was enjoying this review...esp all the amazing food!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Been checking and hoping the report would continue but at this point now I'm just hoping all is well.

For whatever reason it ended thanks to the OP for the time and effort you took to inform and entertain us.

PS... loved the ferret pics, it brought a smile to my face seeing how special they are to you💜

• Like 11

Me, too - - - What did Mom Say?  If you don't have something nice to say........don't say it out loud.  I'm happy when I travel and absolutely try not to mock other people and their way of traveling.   I like a good sense of humor and friendly faces - Let's Cruise On!  

• Like 2

I thought I had replied to this thread but must have posted elsewhere. I am following four different live threads about this cruise. I am not sure what happened, I have seen some threads that seem like they are replies to something I can't see, I assume some posts got moderated. I do hope nothing bad happened to @IntrepidFromDC and that he will continue this thread, I have enjoyed reading.

• Like 6

On 5/23/2023 at 7:03 AM, IntrepidFromDC said:

Today is my last day in Nice and I have a great walking tour planned that starts after lunch.  I ordered the plat du jour and they were generous with the saffron.  The head-on prawns were great and the linguine was al dente.

16848433299993372880231349250043.jpg

20230523_073408.jpg

I am late following along however I had the best prawn dish I've ever had at a restaurant in Nice. It was so good that my mom and I went back the second night of our stay and I had the same dish. This brought back wonderful memories. 

• Like 3