Anniversary Dinner Suggestion on the Regal?

Derbie

DH and I will actually have our anniversary the day before we get onboard the cruise ship.  So, we would like to dine the first night or one of the only other two days at sea, at a nice restaurant onboard. This is a 12-day cruise.  Suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Different ships have different specialty restaurants you need to give more detailed information on your cruise. The medallion app should tell you which restaurants are available to reserve 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Different ships have different specialty restaurants you need to give more detailed information on your cruise. The medallion app should tell you which restaurants are available to reserve 

OP is on the Regal.

What date I was wondering if they were changing out to Catch like some other Royal class ships. We prefer Sabatini’s probably because the meat dishes at Crown are just too large

I prefer the multi course structure of Sabatini’s. For me, Crown Grill is about the main course steak which recently has been sub-par. The rest of the meal isn’t really memorable. At Sabatini’s you get numerous courses most of which are equal in stature. For my family it is a more memorable meal. 

I vote for Crown Grill.  We've always had good luck there and we love the Regal.  Also we are fans of Alfredo's but that may not be fancy enough for your anniversary dinner 🙂 

Edited by Paula_MacFan

You don’t mention what type stateroom you have but if you have a balcony I would do a balcony dinner, plus you get a free photo. I’ve done this several times & it was great. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 2

Happy Anniversary! We are also about to embark on a 12 day cruise to celebrate our anniversary and have reserved the Crown Grill on the Regal.... DH likes steak, and they have a nice filet, I prefer fish, and will probably have the sea bass ... You can view the menu's for both Crown Grill and Sabbatini's on the Princess website... Once you decide, use the medallion to book your time...we were on the Sky in January and we were unable to get a reservation once we were on board.

Ultimate Balcony Dinner, for sure!

Private in cabin balcony dinner served course by course by two wait staff. 4 courses plus bread, amuse busche, and Petit fours. Half bottle champagne, welcome cocktail each, flowers to keep and a photo. It's fantastic!

If not that - Sabatini's. It's lovely, the new menu is a huge improvement, much nicer than CG, IMO...

Or if you're breakfast people, maybe Ultimate Balcony Breakfast. Not as intricate as dinner (not served course by course, no flowers or photo), but a great menu, half bottle champagne, etc. Lovely and intimate..

• Like 3

Thanks one and all!  We don't have a balcony, as I did review all of the choices of restaurants on the Princess website.  We have been married forever!  Honestly, it is rare any longer that we do anything fancy.  So, I think it will come down to Sabitini's or Crown.  I appreciate all of your input and recommendations.  You all are the best!