First one onboard Founders Cruise of Vista

slw207693

15 minutes ago, stonepebble said:

"There is a table and chair by balcony doors with shelf and drawers.   It’s been a good area to tuck the 54 bottles of wine we brought onboard today."

Sorry, a general Oceania question but you seem to enjoy wine as much as we do!

Do you just pay the corkage fee in the restaurants & dining room?

Is it tacky to take a glass of wine to dinner with you?

Wine that you carry on board and do not pay corkage... is for enjoyment in your cabin or suite only.  The corkage fee is for wine that you drink elsewhere.

Please don't abuse Oceania's liberal wine policy by sneaking a glass of your own wine into a public area.  If that's done too much, they may change the policy, and that would be a real shame for many.

Thank you.

GC

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stonepebble said:

"There is a table and chair by balcony doors with shelf and drawers.   It’s been a good area to tuck the 54 bottles of wine we brought onboard today."

Yes, you pay a corkage fee in the restaurants and dining room.

Personal wine is to be consumed only in your stateroom and is not to be taken with you to any public area. Folks who do take it out risk O eliminating its generous personal wine policy.  BTW, the stateroom wine glasses are different than the restaurant glasses, so it would be obvious.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting the photos and for all the great information. Disappointed about the closet in the Penthouse. We did like the walk-in closet and read someplace that the PH would have a walk-in closet on the Vista. Then I saw the layout on Oceania's website and could see it is not a walk-in closet. 😒

21 hours ago, slw207693 said:

a very successful addition is the Aquamar Kitchen (where LaReserve is on Marina and Riviera).  They have a table that seats 10 inside but have turned the outdoor area into seating with heaters in ceiling. (It’s been a cooler sailing in the Med).   It is a sit down and order off menu set up.  Right now very popular at breakfast (avocado toast, fancy pancakes, eggs made to order, smoothies like Waves); lunch - soups, poke bowls (excellent) tuna tacos, salads, etc.  apparently Mr Del Rio said at the Cruise Critic meet and greet that they may contemplate using it for dinners in the future.  

This is great to read after all the speculation and negative comments that were being made prior to Vista's first sailing.

On 5/14/2023 at 1:53 AM, slw207693 said:

not sure what I did to get words beside the pictures as I typed all the words then said add pictures and this is how it turned out

This is one way to get space and words between your pictures. 

post the pictures 

touch those 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select Edit from the drop down menu 

carefully click to the right of the photo (make sure it’s not entirely highlighted or it will be deleted)

hit Return (as many times as you want for the space you’d like) 

now you can type words in the space. 

Thank you very much for posting while on such a great holiday!  If you don’t mind sharing some pictures of the desk, chairs, tables & balcony of your PH that would be appreciated.  

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, ToxM said:

Outdoor smoking area looks a bit of a letdown. The nicest outdoor smoking areas are on the R’S where the area has lovely squishy seats and a nice social feel. it also has a hidden heater for the middle of the Atlantic 😉

Agreed.   The outdoor smoking areas on the Regatta class ships are the best.   Especially for the social atmosphere.   The outdoor area on Vista will definitely be a letdown for Jeff.

Joe

• Thanks 1

Tomorrow I will show spa pictures and our PH cabin (after stewards do their tidying up). After dinner in Grand dining room tonight (there is a Jacques selection for those who are missing it due to it being replaced by Ember) and watching one of the new shows performed in the Vista lounge with the entertainment team, we have waddled back to our room exhausted.   

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, slw207693 said:

Tomorrow I will show spa pictures and our PH cabin (after stewards do their tidying up). After dinner in Grand dining room tonight (there is a Jacques selection for those who are missing it due to it being replaced by Ember) and watching one of the new shows performed in the Vista lounge with the entertainment team, we have waddled back to our room exhausted.   

How was the show. Being of the early to bed crowd, we’ve been on Oceania for about 250 nights. We’ve maybe seen 3 full shows. Wish O would do early shows on at sea days. 

• Haha 1

I can not show pictures of the Veranda staterooms closets as we are in a PH. When we were talking to FDR he mentioned the PH closets have the same or more hanging and drawer space than the wali-in on Marina and Riviera. It was changed based on the design requirements and the best use of space, weight, etc. for the ship as a whole. IMG_0434.thumb.jpeg.738528a91eb5573804908da2d3747782.jpegIMG_0434.thumb.jpeg.738528a91eb5573804908da2d3747782.jpegHere are a few pix from our PH.

Mauibabes

IMG_0436.jpeg

IMG_0435.jpeg

Today started out very rainy, as has every day of this trip has.  Afternoons it clears up but it isn’t overly warm - maybe mid 60’s, maybe 17 C.  (I know someone will correctly convert it)

Had a massage today with Iilynn (pronounced eye-lynn) and for those on future Vista cruises, I would go to the Spa and get her booked before even dining reservations.  she is THAT good.   She is assigned to a couples double room, so one of you is going to be very relaxed and happy, but she does individual ones in that room as well.  

The spa deck is interesting.  The therapy pool is up a staircase ( envision it as deck 15-1/2) while the hot tub are on deck 15 towards the front of the bow.  The only area covered is the therapy pool and it’s a very open lattice work.   All the loungers are in the sun.  All the double loungers in any pool area are round.  Maybe when you nap, you get into fetal position??

The locker rooms are very nice, very large showers, lockers have combinations, robes, towels all very fluffy.   I wasn’t offered slippers so don’t know if they have them.  Relaxation room in center of spa.  The heated stone loungers are now out on the spa deck.  

I was in area yesterday having mani/pedi and we kept hearing alarm going off.  In the ship design, the steam rooms have clear glass and are in the hallway on way to spa deck.  Every time the door opens and lets steam out, it sets off the alarm. 😳

tonight is the first of the two repeaters party.   5593059A-ABA6-4C89-A88D-A13E897B7BA6.thumb.jpeg.8b45d707935c971a5815f65a10fd4053.jpeg9101F895-C987-453E-9E00-EA1D075C7B25.thumb.jpeg.2ee71fb6527d846a5a74b556c42d8a70.jpeg6D2F6D3A-B59C-4C8F-BE5E-6E4E46088798.thumb.jpeg.ee06272311be0cd552a1a843518729a6.jpegEBE3FC9E-FC37-4B40-BFD5-5CCA2AD3E169.thumb.jpeg.f803ec2e55c5ecb9dc9dfe2b1f5f979a.jpeg084FEF8C-F454-485B-8B13-5917534FD000.thumb.jpeg.9bf9acaf7081aebb0e0b975295286b28.jpeg691EA9DE-162B-4702-9BAF-7790B8181B8D.thumb.jpeg.aa9a3c4761d88aa852ea4f5d1339e615.jpeg87FBB6C6-91C5-4BBF-9B99-B780F5314A45.thumb.jpeg.aacbb4e9be1e23e8a1ee8408c8e73695.jpegD77B57AC-1E8A-46BF-AD97-24E2179D547A.thumb.jpeg.e16fb94979236d7cb478debd9c5f45d7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thought I would mention a few items in regards to the cabin door and what’s new with it.  There is a doorbell with a lovely chime.  Butlers don’t just knock and come in now - they ring bell, wait, ring again, then knock before gently opening door.  That said, there is a new notification system on the cabin number display.  (First picture)

just inside the room is a display that looks like a green slot.  This is where you put a room key and the At Home button outside lights red.  If you do NOT put your card in the slot (second picture)   the USB ports in room WILL NOT activate.  Remember those announcements of not leaving electronics plugged in and the cabin attendants will unplug them, well this alleviates that.  When you are out of the room with your card, they are off.  

just above the green slot, (picture 3) is the temperature gauge - just a slide bar, difficult to assess what room temperature is.  This has been a cooler Mediterranean cruise so I’ve had it more in the red at top, while husband wants it at bottom blue when he’s in here or at night.  So far we haven’t found that happy medium.   The button to push for Make up my room light outside turns green.  The Do not disturb light when on is red.  This enables staff to know if you are in room and don’t want to be disturbed.   

Feels like a very high end hotel.. 

C8E5DD7E-BADD-4E5B-8695-EE4F9091574A.thumb.jpeg.301ab3811bb5c3c97e00a36cf22f0ee2.jpeg809E792A-D04E-47A8-A7EE-0BBB2DF458FB.thumb.jpeg.f440db0339a9083fa75da62d9bb1a8b9.jpeg748AF6C4-55CD-4C56-9DD8-D34DD3CC86C9.thumb.jpeg.eaec65d37529ff98add4af4c03b8c8e2.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, slw207693 said:

Thought I would mention a few items in regards to the cabin door and what’s new with it.  There is a doorbell with a lovely chime.  Butlers don’t just knock and come in now - they ring bell, wait, ring again, then knock before gently opening door.  That said, there is a new notification system on the cabin number display.  (First picture)

just inside the room is a display that looks like a green slot.  This is where you put a room key and the At Home button outside lights red.  If you do NOT put your card in the slot (second picture)   the USB ports in room WILL NOT activate.  Remember those announcements of not leaving electronics plugged in and the cabin attendants will unplug them, well this alleviates that.  When you are out of the room with your card, they are off.  

just above the green slot, (picture 3) is the temperature gauge - just a slide bar, difficult to assess what room temperature is.  This has been a cooler Mediterranean cruise so I’ve had it more in the red at top, while husband wants it at bottom blue when he’s in here or at night.  So far we haven’t found that happy medium.   The button to push for Make up my room light outside turns green.  The Do not disturb light when on is red.  This enables staff to know if you are in room and don’t want to be disturbed.   

Feels like a very high end hotel.. 

C8E5DD7E-BADD-4E5B-8695-EE4F9091574A.thumb.jpeg.301ab3811bb5c3c97e00a36cf22f0ee2.jpeg809E792A-D04E-47A8-A7EE-0BBB2DF458FB.thumb.jpeg.f440db0339a9083fa75da62d9bb1a8b9.jpeg748AF6C4-55CD-4C56-9DD8-D34DD3CC86C9.thumb.jpeg.eaec65d37529ff98add4af4c03b8c8e2.jpeg

Does it only work with the room key? Or will inserting another card activate it?

1 hour ago, ChadnKate said:

Does it only work with the room key? Or will inserting another card activate it?

Jumping in - another card will do it - I just have an old card that I pull in and out of the tab when we leave/enter.  It's a great system and really clearly explained by slw207693 with photos.  I didn't realise the bit about the USB ports - very clever. 

Thanks from us too slw207693

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mcgilldj said:

Is there a Pickleball court, or is it still a paddleball court? Do they have any Pickleball equipment?

Vista has a pickleball court and equipment is provided

On 5/15/2023 at 5:39 PM, stonepebble said:

Judging by the number of Oceania cruisers who bring many bottles of wine aboard you would have to call half the passenger list tacky. And no, I would never say it is tacky to bring a bev with you to dinner. You are on vacation and if you are only half finish your drink when it is dinner time, then take the drink with you. People need to stop thinking what others think when it comes to something harmless as taking a drink to dinner. 

2 minutes ago, Sabbycat said:

Judging by the number of Oceania cruisers who bring many bottles of wine aboard you would have to call half the passenger list tacky. And no, I would never say it is tacky to bring a bev with you to dinner. You are on vacation and if you are only half finish your drink when it is dinner time, then take the drink with you. People need to stop thinking what others think when it comes to something harmless as taking a drink to dinner. 

The difference is that "most Oceania Cruisers" that bring bottles of wine onboard do NOT bring a glass with them outside of their cabin.  Any form of liquor brought on board is for consumption in your cabin or you can bring a bottle of wine to a public space and pay the $25.00 corkage fee.....so yes it is tacky to bring a glass of anything from your cabin to consume in a public space.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, basor said:

The difference is that "most Oceania Cruisers" that bring bottles of wine onboard do NOT bring a glass with them outside of their cabin.  Any form of liquor brought on board is for consumption in your cabin or you can bring a bottle of wine to a public space and pay the $25.00 corkage fee.....so yes it is tacky to bring a glass of anything from your cabin to consume in a public space.

I didn't say it was from their own stash. The question was is it tacky to bring a glass of wine to dinner. The answer is no. I will often order a bev in one of the bars pre-dinner and not finish it. Therefore, I will take it with me to dinner to finish while looking over the menu. There is nothing tacky about that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sabbycat said:

I didn't say it was from their own stash. The question was is it tacky to bring a glass of wine to dinner. The answer is no. I will often order a bev in one of the bars pre-dinner and not finish it. Therefore, I will take it with me to dinner to finish while looking over the menu. There is nothing tacky about that.

The poster was asking if it was tacky to bring a glass of wine from his cabin stash to dinner and so was answering his question -  that is tacky .......carrying a drink that you purchased at a public venue anywhere on the ship is not tacky and that meaning was not conveyed in the posting

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1